Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Bit late but thank you to the Newbury club for their hospitality on Saturday and the opportunity to play trains again. Also, thanks to the 'team' Rhys, Paul, Chris and Mike the teaboy for their help and company for the day. Tidworth is all packed away in the garage again and not due out until February for the Tonbridge show.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, RAY NORWOOD said:

Hi Ian. I see you are at Tonbridge in February 2023. I will be there with Feltham Road, it will be great meeting up with you and I am hoping Richard (Mudmagnet) will be with me.

Ray

Nice one Ray will be good to see you,  Leave early on Friday and stop for lunch here mate to break the journey up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 05/12/2022 at 17:50, Temeraire said:

Me again!

13748430_220121TidworthNSEIMG_8970.jpg.6f248f750adaf01ab295692b57f5582c.jpg

Ben and Gerry discuss who's turn it is to make a brew while 73132 rests on the fuel road.

That’s a really good picture

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Temeraire said:

When Mr Nevard sent the edited pictures used for the article and those that weren't, he also included Black & White versions of many of them.  At the time that the layout is set most pics in the magazines were in B&W so in some ways I prefer them and what I remember.

1668537650_220121TidworthNSEDSC_4328-2.jpg.723fa0bf3e7ac28417f26d4ad23536b4.jpg

B&W version of the thumper picture posted previously but the detail just seems to 'pop' more without the colour, especially the brambles on the embankment I think.

That gives the brambles a bit of a 'frosty' effect, which is rather appropriate this week!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Quote, 'Here's another, let me know when you're bored/had enough!'

Ian, absolutely no danger of that! Please do keep them coming! These days I'm a long way from my spotting days in that area and really appreciate the trip down memory lane, seeing trains as I remember them. 😃

Cheers,

Paul

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Rich Papper said:

Hi Ian. I promise none of us are going to get bored!

It's looking great. And there might be an element of editing trickery for the sky, but it looked great beforehand.

Rich

Thanks Rich the sky is definitely added otherwise it would be the mess in my garage behind!🤣 

Forgot to add it’s all Mr Nevard’s work, I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Grampus said:

Please do keep them coming!

You asked for it! I'm posting pics that were used in the magazine now but I guess not everyone has bought/seen the article.

1892843122_220121TidworthNSEDSC_4250.jpg.a02b3391161e6b3b3fa37ae849c36ec1.jpg

The 'thumping' has died down as the 3H rolls into the platform from Portsmouth while scruffy McDuff 47706 arranges todays china clay train.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1