Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

6 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No trains tonight, I had a DEMU committee meeting on Zoom.

Wot about the news Sutton Locomotive Works are going to make a class 25 with a late body. :locomotive::locomotive::locomotive:

Perhaps Heljan will listen to those who say, have another look at photos of the real ones and your model.

Late body!

does that mean they send you the chassis first and then the body follows in a later parcel?

richard 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 7

6 hours ago, Bogie said:

Having read the last few days of this thread, I could say it has well and truly gone off the rails.  But then again it may never have been on them in the first place!

Hi Bogie,

All that is needed is for you to get on the phone to the bobby and get him to put you on the right track.

Gibbo.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, cheesysmith said:

If you is waiting for normal service to resume, sorry, this is normal.

Just remember when someone says they are living the dream, a nightmare is a dream as well.

I am not going to say a thing but you chose to come here. :umbrage:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

On 24/02/2021 at 12:36, Clive Mortimore said:

For no other reason that it is great

Hi Clive,

As feminine archetypes go, rather interesting for a variety of reasons.

The woman in white boots in the opening scene of the video reminded me of the joke,

"What is worse than lipstick on your collar ? Fake tan in your ears !"

I might also venture that, should end up with her fake tan in your ears you might also end up with your neck in a collar.

Gibbo.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

As feminine archetypes go, rather interesting for a variety of reasons.

The woman in white boots in the opening scene of the video reminded me of the joke,

"What is worse than lipstick on your collar ? Fake tan in your ears !"

I might also venture that, should end up with her fake tan in your ears you might also end up with your neck in a collar.

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

You wouldn't last 3 minutes with her.

I not sure I would make a whole minute.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Jazzer,

I create my own reality, it is in its own little subjective world, and don't you all just know it !

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo, 

A trip to Screwfix  might help you get your loose screws sorted. I hear they are very good at all that sort of thing.

As the American Bard once wrote “But for the sky there are no fences facing “

Yours truly 

Napoleon IV 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Jazzer,

I create my own reality, it is in its own little subjective world, and don't you all just know it !

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo and Jazzer

Nothing wrong in creating your own reality.....try living with Mrs M and you need to.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

Just been watching some bits on evilbay. A DC kits 105 went for 65 notes, but a MTK class 100 kit for £102????????

WTF.

I might have had a punt if it was cheap enough to make up for the work needed to complete it, but seriously, that much to MTK?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Just been watching some bits on evilbay. A DC kits 105 went for 65 notes, but a MTK class 100 kit for £102????????

WTF.

I might have had a punt if it was cheap enough to make up for the work needed to complete it, but seriously, that much to MTK?

Bear in mind prices often go bonkers on a Sunday, particularly in the evening.

My theory is that it's retail therapy for folk looking forward to work on Monday morning!

Best bargains are usually in the midweek, early pm.

John.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

WTF.

You mean I am sitting on a fortune with my odd shaped cast white metal and bent sheet aluminum bits in a box  marked scale models? Better not tell the kids they think they are worthless and will be going in the skip.

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 17/02/2021 at 09:41, Clive Mortimore said:

Why does the bloke who looks at me in the morning from the other side of the mirror look like my dad?

My dad once told me that when he was playing football in the park as a kid, an ‘old man’ would be sat on a bench watching them. And one day as he was sat, he realized the old man was him.

(so he moved to Thailand)

Edited by JCL
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Clive,

I’ve been off model making since early December.  It’ll come back.  I’ve just started dusting down the project I started back in April.  I now remember what I had done so far, next is draw up a list of outstanding jobs, then find all the bits and pieces to finish it.  If I feel brave I may post a picture somewhere when I’m happy with it.

Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

I too am suffering from lack of productive enthusiasm. I was hoping to show my latest cut and shut, but wanted to get some undercoat on it first (and Clive, we do know you understand, evidence to the otherwise). It would have just been warm enough last week for a quick coat, but only finished it this week, and too cold. And I am off to this week (I think when my manager realised I was looking at 12 week's holiday owed in the coming year, there was a distinctive squeak from his bottom lol).

Serious question. Been looking at DMU photos, and would I be right in saying the Derby built DMUs had a flat topped headcode box? Trying to convert some DC kits cabs to the headcode box version.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, cheesysmith said:

I too am suffering from lack of productive enthusiasm. I was hoping to show my latest cut and shut, but wanted to get some undercoat on it first (and Clive, we do know you understand, evidence to the otherwise). It would have just been warm enough last week for a quick coat, but only finished it this week, and too cold. And I am off to this week (I think when my manager realised I was looking at 12 week's holiday owed in the coming year, there was a distinctive squeak from his bottom lol).

Serious question. Been looking at DMU photos, and would I be right in saying the Derby built DMUs had a flat topped headcode box? Trying to convert some DC kits cabs to the headcode box version.

Hi Cheesy

To start off I am also in the doldrums when it comes to toy trains. I have been watching loads of videos on ex Soviet locos, some you can buy but just short of 500 notes for a Roco 2M62, I think I will stick to UK outline.

Derby DMUs 'eadcode boxes 107s, 108s and 115s YES flat....127s NO, they were curved topped. Built the same time as 115s so why clueless.

I had to double check so I goggled images and when I done the 127 this monstrosity was 10th image, their algorithm must be on the blink. 

image.png.465922bd813adca654ca3126e928a941.png

Note 3 scratchbuilt locos in the background PAINTED.

A song for tonight. Yes I know there is a fella in the band.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Cheesy

To start off I am also in the doldrums when it comes to toy trains. I have been watching loads of videos on ex Soviet locos, some you can buy but just short of 500 notes 

image.png.465922bd813adca654ca3126e928a941.png

Note 3 scratchbuilt locos in the background PAINTED.

I see your skills with photoshop are improving there Clive ;)

• Funny 4