Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

20 minutes ago, Sandhole said:

Saw that tour.
The man is a genius.

Hi Sandhole,

I've seen him three times at the MEN Arena, the first two times he was brilliant however the last time very disappointing. He seemed to have become somewhat mainstream in a politically correct sort of way which isn't at all funny at the best of times, I blame Ben Elton for that sort of rubbish.

Gibbo.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have come to the conclusion that we in this hobby are nuts. How else can you describe myself, chopping up a perfectly good kit into something else, with only a vague idea to guide me, and no clue as to successful outcome.

The cutting and gluing are almost done, will post some pics for comments after had a chance to attack it with some filler.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

I have come to the conclusion that we in this hobby are nuts. How else can you describe myself, chopping up a perfectly good kit into something else, with only a vague idea to guide me, and no clue as to successful outcome.

The cutting and gluing are almost done, will post some pics for comments after had a chance to attack it with some filler.

Hi Dave,

Take heart for the world does not veer between right and wrong, but between sense and nonsense.

Gibbo. Carl Jung.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

59 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Dave,

Take heart for the world does not veer between right and wrong, but between sense and nonsense.

Gibbo. Carl Jung.

Half Wracked prejudice leaped forth, “rip down all hate “ I screamed,

Lies that life is black and white spoke from my skull, I dreamed,

Romantic facts of musketeers foundationed  deep, somehow,

Ah, but I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now,

Carl S. Berg

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

must walk away. Bored waiting, but must walk away.

Tell myself, come back tomorrow when the glue has had overnight to bond, then filler, and set aside. Then chop and glue side two.

Day after, side one will be ready for rub down, whilst side two can have the filler applied and setting for the day after.

Then by day four, side two will have been rubbed down, and a test assembly can go ahead, to see if this idea worked.

Too many models have been ruined by rushing.

Walk away, come back in the morning, and give it a really good think overnight.

So there many be photos by the weekend lol.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

10 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I thought there was only atoms and the void.... (Democritus)

You need an electric charge to create an atom, but should that charge be DCC or analogue ?

Discuss.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Clive,

Don't you just want to hear what Radio 1 would do with this ... bleeper machine in meltdown, or switchboard failure as large numbers of offended listeners phone in?

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

22 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

must walk away. Bored waiting, but must walk away.

Tell myself, come back tomorrow when the glue has had overnight to bond, then filler, and set aside. Then chop and glue side two.

Day after, side one will be ready for rub down, whilst side two can have the filler applied and setting for the day after.

Then by day four, side two will have been rubbed down, and a test assembly can go ahead, to see if this idea worked.

Too many models have been ruined by rushing.

Walk away, come back in the morning, and give it a really good think overnight.

So there many be photos by the weekend lol.

Patience Grasshopper, Patience!!!!

Paul

apologies to any devotees of Kung Fu

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

No trains tonight, I had a DEMU committee meeting on Zoom.

Wot about the news Sutton Locomotive Works are going to make a class 25 with a late body. :locomotive::locomotive::locomotive:

Perhaps Heljan will listen to those who say, have another look at photos of the real ones and your model.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having read the last few days of this thread, I could say it has well and truly gone off the rails.  But then again it may never have been on them in the first place!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3