LCUT creative

LCUT_creative

Looking forward to the arrival of the roof tiling strips (ordered this afternoon) and some other bits various for a small project I am fiddling about with.  I am also loving the LSWR/SR platform mounted signal box kit: what a fantastic little model...

attachicon.gif20170628_215846.jpg

Beautifully thought out and a real pleasure to build.  Even the bits I thought might prove tricky have been entirely painless; I just don't build very quickly, though I get there in the end.  I have also been amazed at just how sturdy the structure, even in this partially completed state, is. I'm a bit torn now: cream and green (which is what it was purchased to be) or white with black trim and rather dirtier...hmmm.....

A real winner: more quirky Southern Region stuff, ,please.

Best wishes,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much! I am glad to hear you like it. Next structure for SR will be a footbridge of the type with brick plinths. Sadly it will not have a corrugated iron roof.

Hi,

The footbridge looks great, is it actually based on a real one ?

All the best,

Martyn.

Hi Martyn,

Yes it is based on the footbridge in Bridgnorth. There are few very minor differences on the balustrades but its a very close representation.

Morning all,

My  - beautifully packaged - parcel of bits arrived this morning safely, with everything in tact.  The roofing slates are seriously impressive: they will save a lot of pain with paper and scissors.

Fabulous service - thanks very much indeed!

Onwards and upwards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for letting me know, glad it arrived safe. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of it when its all finished!

Hi Martyn,

Yes it is based on the footbridge in Bridgnorth. There are few very minor differences on the balustrades but its a very close representation.

Thanks for the reply, will you guys be going to Guildex at Telford in September?

ATB,

Martyn.

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much! I am glad to hear you like it. Next structure for SR will be a footbridge of the type with brick plinths. Sadly it will not have a corrugated iron roof.

I shall look forward to that.  Had a play with the roof slates this evening: first seven courses in place and all's well.  It's actually curiously therapeutic and the visual improvement significant. Barring any operator-induced errors (tired eyes, fat fingers, red wine, etc) I will post an image once application is complete!  

Just a thought: any scope for some of the smaller Exmouth Junction Concrete Works pre-fabricated buildings?  I am thinking of some of the slightly larger structures - yard buildings, small offices, etc, - rather than platelayers' huts, though the tool shed that usually accompanies the standard southern region platelayers' hut would be nice.  

Best wishes, 

Paul

I shall look forward to that.  Had a play with the roof slates this evening: first seven courses in place and all's well.  It's actually curiously therapeutic and the visual improvement significant. Barring any operator-induced errors (tired eyes, fat fingers, red wine, etc) I will post an image once application is complete!  

Just a thought: any scope for some of the smaller Exmouth Junction Concrete Works pre-fabricated buildings?  I am thinking of some of the slightly larger structures - yard buildings, small offices, etc, - rather than platelayers' huts, though the tool shed that usually accompanies the standard southern region platelayers' hut would be nice.  

Best wishes, 

Paul

Hi Paul,

I am glad to hear its going well! What I found that any errors tend to blend in/disappear once you paint it.

At the moment we are not planning anything like that. We have talked about more modern image/concrete structures some time ago but I cannot say what will come out if just yet. We have made 2 concrete signal boxes for the Southern region while ago as a bespoke project so we do have some basic experience with it at least.

• 1 month later...
Introducing B 70-11 O gauge small engine shed with water tank

A combination of the ever popular bundles of the small engine shed and a water tower is now available. This bundles is compatible with B 70-01E small engine shed expansion kit. Full shed length is available to engines.

forum_B%2070-11.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-11&title=B%2070-11

Edited by LCUT_creative

• 1 month later...

Looks a typical Southern bridge, just like the one we have at Ropley on the Mid-Hants. That is brick with wooden steps.

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thank you, yes that is based on the one in Ropley. We decided to make a slightly different one as there is quite a few concrete ones on the market already.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This footbridge and the chimney have always been of interest to me.

The footbridge is an unusual design, and location (being right before a tunnel).

The chimney still exists. They're both located in Woolwich/Charlton.

(photos are by unraveled of this parish)

post-11572-0-54202200-1507302335_thumb.jpg

post-11572-0-05393700-1507302344_thumb.jpg

post-11572-0-58043400-1507302353_thumb.jpg

We are working on an Easter/LNER footbridge as well. It will be similar in style to the Epping Station Victorian footbridge. I haven't got particularly good photos of it but I have designs kindly donated by a fellow modeller.

Thanks for sharing your forthcoming releases with us.

Is there a 7mm Midland footbridge in the works? I'd have one as soon as it is released.

Any thoughts of producing some of these excellent products in N Gauge? I'm sure there'd be a demand for them!

Unfortunately we are not going to be doing them in N gauge. There were some plans to do N gauge while ago but for now they have been abandoned. I am sorry about that.

Thanks for sharing your forthcoming releases with us.

Is there a 7mm Midland footbridge in the works? I'd have one as soon as it is released.

Yes it will be released in a slightly narrower version but we will release span expansion packs to go with it. I have 2 other models to release in 7mm first (medium good shed and a double track engine shed) but we will be working on releasing all footbridges in 7mm soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...