RMweb

Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

Shouldn't be there! I said it was on its way to Derby!!

Yes it is a cracking model. I was very impressed.

The temps were better today as we had the fire door open. The layout ran without fault (other than me being incompetent running hsts over incorrectly set points and tailending MGR trains with sprinters!)

Evening Cav,

Was a pleasure seeing you again today as well as meeting your wife and Jeremy. I must say this is one of the best layouts I've seen by far - truly stunning work!

A few snaps from this morning:

41819326654_ad7296c3bc_k.jpgDEMU Showcase 2018 by Southwich Railway, on Flickr

42542242991_c663f6d350_k.jpgDEMU Showcase 2018 by Southwich Railway, on Flickr

41819326294_ec3de1a5d3_k.jpgDEMU Showcase 2018 by Southwich Railway, on Flickr

40733852740_bbb5b1061a_k.jpgDEMU Showcase 2018 by Southwich Railway, on Flickr

Class modelling! 

All the best,

Will

• Like 11

Hi,

Had a cracking time helping show BoT and thank you again for inviting me. It’s a fantastic layout with a superb level of detail. Sounds like you have a few additional bookings for next year now!

I’ll post some photos tomorrow once I’ve managed to download them off my camera.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Thanks for the help. Its always less stressful when you have a good crew. I was more than pleased with the layout.

Several enquiries for bookings next year and the year after so just waiting for the email confirming shows before I can sort out the diary.

Shouldn't be there! I said it was on its way to Derby!!

Yes it is a cracking model. I was very impressed.

The temps were better today as we had the fire door open. The layout ran without fault (other than me being incompetent running hsts over incorrectly set points and tailending MGR trains with sprinters!)

2158599096_682023a508_z.jpg?zz=150017 'Royal Oak' at Longsight TMD, Manchester, Friday 17th November 1989 by andy hebden, on Flickr

Derby?......Nah it was on its way to Longsight (via the MML of course) for tyre turning like 50017 did in 1989, remember reading about this in Rail Magazine.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Sadly no class 50 in the real station on Saturday, not even a 60 or a 66 for that matter - just 170s and a Voyager.

The Skegness train was in Nottingham when I arrived on my way to Burton on Trent, it's not like it used to be either, a pacer lash up cannot replace a couple of class 20s.

Hi Cav.

Saw the layout for the first time at DEMU this weekend but unfortunately didn't have chance to say hello as I didn't want to interrupt.

I remember you explaining your plans for this a couple of years ago and it is a fantastic job and just shows what level of detail is possible in 2mm!

Alex

Very impressed with this layout at DEMU showcase, Have been to the showcase for many years and always have a look around the station. Your attention to detail and capturing the prototype is first class. Brilliant modelling.

• Like 4

Thanks for that Melangoose. I've certainly tried to capture the feel of the real place.

The video is great, good job the layout isn't modern day, I would need a mortgage for the wagons on that last train!

Thanks Bob, I too didn't get much of a look at Sandiacre as running was busy. What I did see looked very good though. Some great weathering on your stock I thought.

Haha yes I said to Alex that it was unacceptable religating such type 5 power to a menial task. The loco must have been drafted in after working a LWRT or something!

• RMweb Gold

I'm gutted I couldn't make DEMU Cav as I really wanted to see your layout first hand. As you already know, I'm a bit of a stickler for getting things right, but how on earth you manage it in N Gauge is beyond me......I've tried...and failed!

By all accounts, BoT was very well received and I'm going to make a conscious effort to get 'ooop norf'....well..... the Midlands anyway, to see it sometime in the future.

Mike

Edited by scoobyra

Cheers Mike. This year I've not planned any more shows but next year it will be out and about a lot. I am doing Trainwest in April so that might be nearer to you.

• Like 2

Haha yes I said to Alex that it was unacceptable religating such type 5 power to a menial task. The loco must have been drafted in after working a LWRT or something!

Indeed! If it was drafted in by Trainload Coal they must have been feeling generous to spare a type 5, it also appeared to have an item missing from it's train in the form of a brake van - a class 56 is train air brake only.  ;)

I know I'm picky but I like to see prototypical operation including correct marshalling of trains, it's always something I aim for.

Cheers

Wayne

Yes I totally agree, I too am a stickler for that kind of thing, however I'm still building up my stock list so I have a few items missing including a PW brake van. To be fair though the class 31 was on that train every other time it ran over the weekend.

I will endeavour to please you next time the layout is out! ;)

Edited by RBE
  • Like 1