Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

Stop teasing us Cav, tell us more about those Sector 60s! Metals and Petroleummy, which ones? Please do tell......

It's only one 60. I'm thinking 60027 Joseph Banks.

post-6894-0-24594600-1436378100_thumb.jpg

I would have to etch my own plates for that though as Shawplan don't do the names in N. The back up is 60052 Goat Fell which was a metals liveried one which was in the Immingham petroleum pool.

post-6894-0-75908400-1436378199_thumb.jpg

This would mean it could be used on tanks and still look at home on steel. I had planned to do a different number and sector each side but the nose numbers would be a problem. I'd have to leave them off which would be annoying.

Thanks for the info on the platforms Marcus. I will do the edges in the appropriate colour. I'm planning on using papers for brickwork as the relief of mortar lines in this scale is so small it makes no odds. I have been playing on this website http://paperbrick.co.uk/index.php?action=selectbrick

over the last week and its great. It can produce some very nice random brick patterns and colours. Well worth a look.

Edited by RBE
  • Like 1

Indeed. I may well have to get another at some point they are lovely models. I really havent made my mind up on the number yet although I have done the artwork for the namesplates on Joseph Banks together with the University of Dundee plates for the 47 with etched snowploughs too. I'm a little poor at the minute though so the cost to get etches done is a restricting factor for me.

Edited by RBE

Ok,

I've redone the signal drawing so that it actually now correct!!

Going to have one or two wire this. I'll be using the actual structure as the common return but I will still need 13 wires to feed the other aspects!

post-6894-0-22062900-1436445789_thumb.png

• Like 2

Indeed. I'm sure the 37s can cope on the Washwood heath roadstone matey and the 58 will do the Drakelows. I can use a metals 60 on those too as I've seen that happen before!

• RMweb Gold

Ok,

I've redone the signal drawing so that it actually now correct!!

Going to have one or two wire this. I'll be using the actual structure as the common return but I will still need 13 wires to feed the other aspects!

attachicon.gifSignal Gantry.png

Lovely drawing but isn't it 14 wires?

3 Aspect + 4 Aspect + 3 feathers and 2 pairs for the shunts?

Griff

Haha cheers for the vote of confidence. I'll see how this one goes before offering out commissions! Its one thing knowing how you'll do it and another actually pulling it off. A bang on scale signal in 2mm is no mean feat!

I'm actually unsure how I'm going to do the letter on the stencil. Its so small.

Edited by RBE

Yes I've always tried hard to 'place' a layout but it wasn't really until I started on Millers Dale that I really did a real place. I did model Tapton near chesterfield in N when I was a teenager but never really got it finished. Since doing Millers Dale though I find it difficult to get excited about pretend places now hence Burton on Trent.

Just been informed that these are being shipped to me from shapeways. They are servo to turnout brackets to take an SG/MG90 servo and provide microswitch operation for the crossing polarity. The servo horn will need a pivoting tube/loop arrangement so as not to push the actuator wire (0.3mm piano wire) up through the tiebar when it moves. The servo bracket is designed to use full servo movement (180°) and thus with the piano wire provide a degree of springing of the point blades at full throw. It will be impossible to over drive points with this. I plan on driving the points with an Arduino board but I could just as well use a simple switch.

Sorry about the rubbish render I was rushing a print off at the end of my lunch break.

post-6894-0-09850900-1436799147_thumb.png

No, lights up for the goods line down towards Branston. The signaller was quite chatty today so had a good old conversation with him. So god knows how the Northern Bell stock ended up round there that day.

Edited by Marcus 37