The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The ellipsis wishes to register a complaint!

Ian Abel

• RMweb Gold

So the fact that I dabble in P4 standards and have an old 1959 Land Rover on which I am spending time and money, what does that make me?

attachicon.gifA P1050545.jpg

A total case of lunacy?

Gordon A

Bristol

Well, you're not driving on the bridge, for starters...

In 1970 I joined the then BLMC Head Office Staff in Berkeley Square House.  In the first few weeks I had visit most of the subsidiaries, including Rover.  My first question to their board was, "What are your plans for a replacement for the Land-Rover?"  It wasn't perhaps the best start to the meeting for a 26 year old whippersnapper since the reply was along the lines of "We have an order book 4 years long so why would we need to replace this incredibly successful product?"

I tried to explain how all products need to be updated and perhaps a little value engineering might be in order to improve he profit margin but there was no way they would hear what I was trying to tell them.  The lack of value engineering is why 1959 Land-Rovers still exist but made/make no money for their manufacturer.  The answer is, of course, the Toyota Land Cruiser which has made mince-meat of the original Land-Rover and did eventually force Rover to answer my question.

I could tell the tale of the Range Rover V8 engine and exhaust emission control legislation but let's save that for another day.

Stan

So the fact that I dabble in P4 standards and have an old 1959 Land Rover on which I am spending time and money, what does that make me?

A total case of lunacy?

Gordon A

Bristol

A total case of lunacy?

Gordon A

Bristol

EM, Me too.

And have spent time and money.

post-10324-0-71185400-1436553976_thumb.jpg

A 1966 one with the odd P4, P5 or P6, don't know much about posh Rovers.

Dave

A person's got to have a hobby.

As you can see by this thread there isnt a sensible answer to be had anywhere .Can I start a SpongeBob thread to get some sensible conversation?

Please leave me and my waistline out of this ...(sorry, ex****ation m**ks are forbidden)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come and get me........... :D :D :D

• RMweb Premium

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come and get me........... :D :D :D

Back of the class for lack of punctuation .          :punish:

Archived