Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Excellent video there andy

Very straight to the point & helpfull unlike some of the videos ive watched on youtube on how to do static grass where they whomp on for ages about nothing!

Great tip about stippling a bit of yellow on clump foliage to give a bit more colour.

I'll have to try that on my own layout

Cheers

Ben

Excellent video there andy

Very straight to the point & helpfull unlike some of the videos ive watched on youtube on how to do static grass where they whomp on for ages about nothing!

Great tip about stippling a bit of yellow on clump foliage to give a bit more colour.

I'll have to try that on my own layout

Cheers

Ben

Cheers Ben, The Video was only a spare of the moment thing, as you can tell by the batteries in my Camera dying on my half way through, (totally un-professional) but I find country scenics are a lot easier than Town ones.

Hi Andy,

I enjoyed and found your static grass video useful as I am about to have a go at doing some static grass on Llanbourne. I then spent about half an hour reading your Trebudoc thread. A great little layout.

Cheers Peter.

Sorry haven't popped in for a while. Mind you it's great to see how far you've got since I last looked. Really starting to look like a layout now. Shall be watching with interest, especially for hints, tips and ideas. Must admit I had a good flocking session this morning. Sorry Al, FLOCKAGE!!! Starting making a bit more progress in the far corner of the layout now the temperatures dropped a bit.

Marcus

P.S Where did you get the grass applicator from? Thinking of trying some static grass on PDW.

Sorry haven't popped in for a while. Mind you it's great to see how far you've got since I last looked. Really starting to look like a layout now. Shall be watching with interest, especially for hints, tips and ideas. Must admit I had a good flocking session this morning. Sorry Al, FLOCKAGE!!! Starting making a bit more progress in the far corner of the layout now the temperatures dropped a bit.

Marcus

P.S Where did you get the grass applicator from? Thinking of trying some static grass on PDW.

Hi Marcus and thanks for the nice comments, my little sieve is a FMR one with about a 3 inch sieve, if look a the Video on the previous page you will see it. its fine for small layouts like ours.

Hi Mike,

I think you have a typo - red blue and yellow with black and white  (yellow, cyan and magenta if we want to be strict about them).

Peter

Hi Peter,

Long time to reply, apologies. I was thinking of the RGB balance on TV's that I keep hearing about but NOW logic tells me I put Magenta, Yellow and Cyan in my printers! Confused of Wirral :O

• RMweb Gold

If Andy will forgive the diversion. The confusion about mixing colours occurs because with lights it is additive so Red +Green gives yellow. Whereas with pigments it is subtractive the yellow and the cyan both have a small amount of green the yellow has no blue and the cyan no yellow so only the green shows. The pigments absorb most colours and reflect the ones you see, when two pigments are used you see the colour both reflect. Hope that makes sense.

Don

Watched the video again mate and found it really helpful, even after all this time, l think another is due?

Your right Mate, we should have done one last Friday, maybe when you come down next?

Whilst working on West Shed today Trains have been running on Pencarne, changing Locos and Stock to ensure I have no major issues before I move on the next step, the Control Panel, but I'm still undecided how I will do it yet, as I have said it will be a Panel with By-coloured LED's for Route selection, but Point and Signal operation is the issue, will it be, Stud and Probe, Buttons, Switches, or Leavers, (either Hornby or Peco) in a bank along the top? I do favour the Levers, just for pure enjoyment of throwing a Lever and seeing a Point or Signal move.

Whilst working on West Shed today Trains have been running on Pencarne, changing Locos and Stock to ensure I have no major issues before I move on the next step, the Control Panel, but I'm still undecided how I will do it yet, as I have said it will be a Panel with By-coloured LED's for Route selection, but Point and Signal operation is the issue, will it be, Stud and Probe, Buttons, Switches, or Leavers, (either Hornby or Peco) in a bank along the top? I do favour the Levers, just for pure enjoyment of throwing a Lever and seeing a Point or Signal move.

I think leavers would be more fun Andy! Apart from that bit of added realism there's a lot less to go wrong if you keep it simple!

Regards

Bill

Hi Andy

My first and long overdue post on here, but as I have a bit of time on my hands today it was too good a chance to miss.

I love your backscenes once again and It tempts me to have a go, afterall if I don't like the result I can soon cover it with a photo one on a board. it's just finding the time.

The layout looks great and I will follow it though I may not post very often as It is very similar to my own with a main junction station and branch, as you will always be far ahead of me I will see how yours turns out before copying any great ideas.

Keep up the great work

Well today I've been detailing  my New Bachmann Warships but I haven't fitted the 20 or so Lifting Eyes along the roofs on each one, I have the Maroon one and a Blue one, I have also detailed the Old Model Warship that you have already seen on the Videos, this was Hard Wired and has now had all the buffer beam fittings put on. I have also fitted details to my 22 and Hymek and crewed them all up apart from the 22 that I cant get the cab out of without breaking the lights which is a real shame as it desperately needs a crew.

I was going to weather them along with some stuff for a friend of mine tonight but I've been in the shed on and off since about 9.15 this morning and so I've had enough, they will be done tomorrow.

So here's the line up.

post-9335-0-12306000-1440616155_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29387100-1440616173_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06835900-1440616190_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-08217800-1440616204_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-99728100-1440616219_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02599300-1440616233_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-47363200-1440616245_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow they will be all mucky. :O          :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  

:sungum:

EDIT = I THINK I NEED A LARGE DEPOT AT THIS END :nono:  :nono: 

I never have the heart to weather a nice shiny loco!

Brian.

I don't like running shiny ones or Steam Locos without Crew, its just one of my things I guess, each to their own, and good for you if you like them clean Brian. I have just bought a Maroon Princess however that will NOT be weathered as its for West Shed in its Preserved guise.

Hi Andy,

What a splendid line up! I would say that as I absolutely love hydraulics, I think they make the most glorious noise and look to me, the prettiest diesels to run on our railways.

Excellent weathering too.

Cheers,

John.

Again, (see my post in West Shed) I had the German version when I did my German / Continental Modelling, they were in Green, Dark Red, Pink, Turquise and Cream and Blue and Cream, I had them all and they looked the Dogs whatsits. hahah.

As I said in West Shed, its given me an idea, :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  

:nono:

Archived