Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

I rather like the photo of the Patriot taken from outside the shed I presume the closeness of the loco makes it look like an 0 gauge model! Coming on nicely you are wise to take a bit of time to consider your choices. If you want to ask questions fire away otherwise I will leave you to make your own mind up. 

Don

Andy

How about a nice mimic panel of each track plan area, and nice push button point change on the track you choose? Could even have green and red LEDs for ease of operation?

Keep up the good work mate

Bob

Cheers Don and Bob, I do have a load of By Coloured LED's ready for the panel, its just the operation that I cant get me ead around, I like the idea of Leavers but either way it will still show up on the diagrammatic panel.

Its been a VERY expensive day today, the New Bachmann Class 43 Warships are in and I NEEDED a Blue one, :no:  Oh and a MAROON one as well, :nono:  :nono:  Good job I've had a good month on a certain well known auction site, unfortunately NOT the R M Web one, I have tried AND FAILED several times, it keeps telling me I have the wrong password, so I copied and pasted and it still says I'm wrong so I gave up.

I will give it another try if I decide to sell the 5 Dutch Hornby Seacows or anything else that will be surplus to requirements on Pencare or Trewenn or my other New Project that I have just started, (pics and Thread soon) :scratchhead:

:sungum:

Its been a VERY expensive day today, the New Bachmann Class 43 Warships are in and I NEEDED a Blue one, :no:  Oh and a MAROON one as well, :nono:  :nono:  Good job I've had a good month on a certain well known auction site, unfortunately NOT the R M Web one, I have tried AND FAILED several times, it keeps telling me I have the wrong password, so I copied and pasted and it still says I'm wrong so I gave up.

I will give it another try if I decide to sell the 5 Dutch Hornby Seacows or anything else that will be surplus to requirements on Pencare or Trewenn or my other New Project that I have just started, (pics and Thread soon) :scratchhead:

:sungum:

You little spendthrift you! Think yourself lucky! If Her Indoors decides she needs a new dress you're really in bother! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Regards

Bill

Are you going to get on with some scenery now, really looking forward to seeing the master at work, and can we have some pictures of the weathering you will doing tonight....

Morning George, I forgot to take pickies last night as we were running, talking and drinking coffee plus I was spraying. But I did go out this morning and managed to get a shot of the 33 at Pencarne  just before it departed Light Engine to Exeter and Fuel tanks back to Fawley.

post-9335-0-76695900-1439449969_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30929900-1439449983_thumb.jpg

Scenery will start on Pencarne this evening after some DIY Jobs around the home this afternoon. I hope to get the Chapel Lane area well under way this weekend and I have some bits to do on my OTHER project whilst glues etc set, (more later when I start a thread) lets jus say its small, VERY SMALL. :O but with ambitions of grandeur. :no:

Morning George, I forgot to take pickies last night as we were running, talking and drinking coffee plus I was spraying. But I did go out this morning and managed to get a shot of the 33 at Pencarne  just before it departed Light Engine to Exeter and Fuel tanks back to Fawley.

attachicon.gif33 001.JPG

attachicon.gif33 002.JPG

Scenery will start on Pencarne this evening after some DIY Jobs around the home this afternoon. I hope to get the Chapel Lane area well under way this weekend and I have some bits to do on my OTHER project whilst glues etc set, (more later when I start a thread) lets jus say its small, VERY SMALL. :O but with ambitions of grandeur. :no:

Glad to hear you are going to make a start on some scenery, will watch with interest, nice Crompton and nicely weathered...

attachicon.gif33 001.JPG

attachicon.gif33 002.JPG

One would presume that the DIY jobs around the house is a safe guard against the possible request for a new dress as your all spent up ....... :scared:

I've just been down to my mate John's and picked up WADEBRIDGE, it was Wilton but he  has re named and numbered it for me in exchange for the weathering I did for him the other night. 

Up close you make out the carrier film and also the green patch that was supplied to cover the original numbers, but at 3ft, (normal viewing distance) its invisible, and once weathered it will be fine. 

post-9335-0-61351100-1439557803_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71173600-1439557827_thumb.jpg

I have done loads in the past using Wilton as the downer, Wadebridge, Combe Martin, Tangmere, Hurricane, Spitfire, Manston, Winston Churchill, Yes Tor, Seaton, Watersmeet, Launceston and a couple more Squadrons but john offered and I knew he would do a good job so I left it to him.

The Plymouth in this pic was in actual fact a Merchant Navy as Hornby hadn't brought out the Rebuilts at this time.

post-9335-0-35373900-1439557921_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-56667800-1439558102_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I've just been down to my mate John's and picked up WADEBRIDGE, it was Wilton but he  has re named and numbered it for me in exchange for the weathering I did for him the other night. 

Up close you make out the carrier film and also the green patch that was supplied to cover the original numbers, but at 3ft, (normal viewing distance) its invisible, and once weathered it will be fine. 

attachicon.gifStart of scenics 001.JPG

attachicon.gifStart of scenics 006.JPG

I have done loads in the past using Wilton as the downer, Wadebridge, Combe Martin, Tangmere, Hurricane, Spitfire, Manston, Winston Churchill, Yes Tor, Seaton, Watersmeet, Launceston and a couple more Squadrons but john offered and I knew he would do a good job so I left it to him.

The Plymouth in this pic was in actual fact a Merchant Navy as Hornby hadn't brought out the Rebuilts at this time.

attachicon.gif34003 on ACE.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02828.JPG

Andy,

Glad to see the 'Spam Cans' back as I know that you like them.

I've made a start on the scenic's along the back early this morning, using a very dense foam it was cut to shape, and set in with PVA and later this morning I have done the next section of the Embankment. I am moving the Tunnel Mouth further around the curve than originally intended in the plan but, A, I like the lead in of the Embankment, and B I have moved the back scene further back to give me more hillside. The original position of the Tunnel would have looked better as it would have looked like the Main Lines were going in the opposite direction to the Branch, but Hey Ho that's life.

The Chapel Lane will come from behind the Cattle Dock and climb up the hill past the Chapel.

post-9335-0-15458700-1439559119_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89600000-1439559140_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90978900-1439559156_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Coming along nicely Andy!

There are often some compromises when modelling. Sometimes things don't fit as planned and real life doesn't always compress down to 4mm scale.

Glad to see that you are taking more time with this project than the last one. Sometimes a project doesn't feel right, so best to shelve / scrap and start again. I've two or three started layout projects that for whatever reason don't seem to gel and get put to one side (don't mention Burlington Arms).

Cheers Richard and George for your likes.

I've moved onto phase 3 of the cutting this afternoon.

I have removed the Stock Shelf that was below the racks on the end wall so that the Backscene / Sky could be fixed to the wall and allow for more detailed hillside behind the Branch.

This is where I am now, and that's it for today.

post-9335-0-03857300-1439571581_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-40999200-1439571601_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-08841300-1439571620_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33654000-1439571638_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifStart of scenics 001.JPG

attachicon.gifStart of scenics 006.JPG

attachicon.gif34003 on ACE.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02828.JPG

I must admit I've always had a soft spot for these locos, especially after the rebuilds and despite their little quirks, like their inability to keep their feet at the most inopportune moments. There's a short video out there somewhere which shows a Merchant Navy spinning helplessly....as it tries to leave Eastleigh light engine! They were very imposing machines though and definitely good-looking powerful beastie's in action!

Regards

Bill

I must admit I've always had a soft spot for these locos, especially after the rebuilds and despite their little quirks, like their inability to keep their feet at the most inopportune moments. There's a short video out there somewhere which shows a Merchant Navy spinning helplessly....as it tries to leave Eastleigh light engine! They were very imposing machines though and definitely good-looking powerful beastie's in action!

Regards

Bill

Yes Bill, I have 2 Rebuilts now Westward Ho and My Home Town Loco Plymouth. I wanted Wadebridge again as that's where my parents would go Dancing on a Saturday Night after the War so has a close connection.

There will be a few more Bulleids BUT more on that later, but not on here :O

Thought you might be using 'no-more-nails' to glue the foam scenic sections in place, but clearly are using nails !!!!!!

Yes, I know, just until the glue dries .....

And then he goes back to using them for track pins! :angel:  Still it is a treat to see the way Andrew cracks on once he gets the bit between his teeth. Looking forward to seeing the 'mini-fell' in bloom before the months out! :good:

Regards

Bill

Thanks Richard, Bill and Duncan, I hope to fit the roadway (Chapel Lane) in tomorrow, and then make a start with the Mod Rock, then I need my Grass Gun back from Lee (when he's back from Holiday) to add some greenery, YES GRASS. :sungum: .

Archived