Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Morning Bodge,

Every one seems to be liking your sky backscene so I was wondering if you could help?

I am looking for an artist who could do a miserable looking murky city sky for Sheffield Exchange, not that Shefiield is a miserable murky city, just too many layouts have nice sunny skylines. Do you know someone who could help? Or do you only do nice sunny skies?

Enjoy your breakfast with George today, I hope the susages taste great.

After a day's work on the scenery adding grass and a sky backscene AndyP said "That's it, now let's get the flock out of here"

Oh! Great work by the way Andy. Particularly like the platform finish, it's very effective.

Morning Andy,

Repeating what I said on George's BS thread, enjoy yourself there tomorrow and safe journey both ways,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Thanks Jock, really good journey up, but held up with Road Works on the way home so it took just over 2 Hours, horrendous :O .

Scenic's are coming on great Andy,

The backscene is looking good too, it's given me an idea to add some more trees to mine.

Cheers Peter. 

Back ground sky and trees look great Andy..

Cheers Peter and Neil, I do enjoy doing my own backscenes, there not as good as many commercial ones but the are unique.

Great sky!

How's it done?

Hi Neil, Thanks, basically its a LIGHT wafting over White Faced Hardboard with Halfords Ford Olympic Blue, and sometimes some White primer if I've gone to mad. Clouds can be added  with the White Spray can or a Brush.

The Trees are several different Colours of Artists Acrylics and a 1 inch Paint brush, I tend to use Sap Green, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Orchy, Phalo Blue, (Green Tint) and Raw Umber.

I don't worry to much about what colour I will use next, I just tend to dab the brush into a Green and the into one of the Yellows for a bit of variety. The only colours I mix on the Pallet, (a scrap of Ply or hardboard normally) would be the Blue and one of the Yellows to make a Green and then add more Yellow or Sap Green again for Variety.

I will do some Step by Step pics on the next section for you all.

I hope that helps Neil

Morning Bodge,

Every one seems to be liking your sky backscene so I was wondering if you could help?

I am looking for an artist who could do a miserable looking murky city sky for Sheffield Exchange, not that Shefiield is a miserable murky city, just too many layouts have nice sunny skylines. Do you know someone who could help? Or do you only do nice sunny skies?

Enjoy your breakfast with George today, I hope the susages taste great.

Hi Clive, Sorry I cant do MISSERABLE Mate, and believe me I did try on one Layout, and it really did look B*****y AWFUL. I don't know how some Artist could capture such threatening Skies and have them looking convincing.

One solution might be a Darker Blue, Have a look at Mike's (Mike 61680) Dent, he did his Sky with a Rattle Can bought the wrong one and the looks rather menacing.

As for Breakfast, a dam great Breakfast Bap with Egg, Bacon, Sausage and Brown Sauce, WONDERFUL.

After a day's work on the scenery adding grass and a sky backscene AndyP said "That's it, now let's get the flock out of here"

Oh! Great work by the way Andy. Particularly like the platform finish, it's very effective.

Thanks Andy, I must get some Batteries for the Flocking Squatter tomorrow. hahhahha

Taking shape nicely Bodgemeister! The back scene always gets left to last over here (or never as the case may be), you're wise to get it done at this stage!

Thanks Shaun, I will find it easier now to position Trees in front of Trees on the Back Scene for added depth and the same applies to the fencing and hedgerows along the back.

Taking shape nicely Bodgemeister! The back scene always gets left to last over here you're wise to get it done at this stage!

So Good he posted it TWICE, hhahahah

l think some of your backscenes are just as good as the ones on the market in fact better, with Clive's grey rainy backscene for Shefield all you have to do is paint grey all over it wont be far from the real thing, hahahaha anyway thanks for a great day and making me get every bit of stock l own out of the boxes, just finished putting them all back, hahahaha....

• RMweb Gold

Andy did some videos in his Trebudoc thread on doing the Backscene there was also some articles in Railway Modeller very useful.

Perhaps the most elaborate storm backscene was by a US modeller which included sound effects of thunder and a strobe lighting flash. Personally I would go for sunny.

Don

Yes that's great, might have a bash, reminds me of a Bob Ross sky!

That's were I learnt it from Neil, I will do some Clouds later as I did up on our Clubs Layout Marston and Coopers Dale.

post-9335-0-15323100-1440229303_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49773500-1440229597_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-21877600-1440229772_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Very good Andy. I have a bit of flocking do myself I bought one rather than faff around making one as speed is of the essence. Do you brush the PVA on and if so what do you do if it needs a bit extra?

Don

Thanks, Joseph, John and Don,

Don I put PVA into an old Tomato (other Brands available) Sauce bottle and pour as required and spread with a Brush, to add more later just add more PVA and re apply as I did in my Trebudoc Video.

Archived