The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Driving standards

hayfield

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, johnofwessex said:

I assume the gas usued to inflate the cow is highly explosive?

Produced by real cows...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Which, as I'm sure you know, raises interesting questions about the sexuality of angels.

If we’re thinking of the same reference (Isaiah 6:2), it’s not clear from the text whose “feet” are being covered. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, johnofwessex said:

I was overtaken, on a bend with double white lines in a 40 limit tonight.

I then saw the tail lights go all over the place as the driver lost control.

Most disappointing to see them straighten up and carry on............

Just means back to normal tomorrow!

• Agree 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-67380021

Now what I fail to understand is why is it legal to sell any vehicle that isnt 'road legal' in the UK?

I note that there was at least one Private Members Bill that would have required all motorbikes and quad bikes sold in the UK to be registered at the point of sale and existing vehicles to be registered and carry a number plate however as usual it was stopped by The Government

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, johnofwessex said:

Now what I fail to understand is why is it legal to sell any vehicle that isnt 'road legal' in the UK?

Because it is assumed that the buyers won't use them illegally on private roads and only use them within the laws of the country. A vain hope I know, but, citizens rights and all that!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Joys of living in a innovative democracy where anything is legal unless specifically banned, and a Parliamentary process that is glacially slow at catching up with technology…but they get to shout at each other on a Wednesday lunchtime so that’s all ok….

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, johnofwessex said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-67380021

I note that there was at least one Private Members Bill that would have required all motorbikes and quad bikes sold in the UK to be registered at the point of sale and existing vehicles to be registered and carry a number plate however as usual it was stopped by The Government

Once again though, why would those currently causing trouble with them, already riding illegally, comply with any new laws? The problem isn't a lack of suitable laws, it's the ability to enforce them.

There are legitimate off-road uses for such things.

• Agree 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Reorte said:

Once again though, why would those currently causing trouble with them, already riding illegally, comply with any new laws? The problem isn't a lack of suitable laws, it's the ability to enforce them.

There are legitimate off-road uses for such things.

But the article states they they have been modified to achieve the speeds mentioned. No doubt it's easy to modify them, with a You Tube video or similar.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

But the article states they they have been modified to achieve the speeds mentioned. No doubt it's easy to modify them, with a You Tube video or similar.

One brand it's a quick look on the manufacturer's web site and a single wire.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

I don't think that contradicts my post. These things are currently being ridden illegally anyway, how will more laws change that?

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, johnofwessex said:

So using that logic no one could buy a  competition motocross bike, but just like

e-bikes some do and use them in the same way .

Not legal to sell sounds easy , but  it aint . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

A question...........................................

when a large truck is stuck in the flooded road, why would someone in a small Fiat car think they can get through at the side of it?

Its just like the people who don't know how wide their vehicles are...

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Reorte said:

I don't think that contradicts my post. These things are currently being ridden illegally anyway, how will more laws change that?

Given the danger to third parties my personal view is that playing the fool with a vehicle should be treated the same way as playing the fool with a gun.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Hroth said:

Its a porky little thing!

Look at what Ford reckon is a Mustang currently (pun intended) and playing fast and loose with their classic names and turning them into "porky little things" is something they have history at!

Mike.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Look at what Ford reckon is a Mustang currently (pun intended) and playing fast and loose with their classic names and turning them into "porky little things" is something they have history at!

Although the electric F150 is exactly what it's supposed to be.

58 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

Where on earth do they get the idea that it bears any resemblence to the Capri?

Maybe they modelled it on this Capri?

Capri-Sun-Orange-40-x-200-ml.jpg.5ee607eb7ce94893326a04fa682e6313.jpg