Kitson built Long boilered 0-6-0T

• RMweb Premium

I have included this elsewhere but having talked to Mike he wasn't concerned if I add it into the UK Standard Gauge Industrial Thread

Just been doing a bit of weathering on an Industrial. It is a Kitson "long boilered" 0-6-0T and has been "scratch built" , painted and lined by Mike Edge in 4mm OO. (ie he has etched most of the parts. It is not a Judith Edge Kit. 

It arrived in this state
blogentry-7650-0-40652000-1439750296_thu 

blogentry-7650-0-08846400-1439751892_thu 

I was supplied with some colour photos of NCB Numbers 41 and 42, and, after a bit of ink and powder application we get

blogentry-7650-0-89338000-1439751985_thu 
and

blogentry-7650-0-94048800-1439752025_thu 

I want one!  does anyone else?

baz

• Like 17

Having had the pleasure of working on A No.5 as a student when volunteering on the North Tyneside Steam Railway I have always had a soft spot for the class and they have been on a one day to do wish list for many years. It's nice to see one in model form. Lovely job.

• RMweb Premium

Baz,

a very nice model and an excellent bit of weathering.

I would love a couple!!!

Trev

Talk nicely to Judith Edge to turn it into a kit.... weathering is an optional extra(!)

My dad was a volunteer at the fledgling Tanfield Railway when I was little and I used to play on A No 5 when it was stored there (but of course in those days I thought she was a GWR engine like the Hornby pannier I had). She lives just up the road from where I live these days and I sometimes see her puffing past Tesco ha ha. It was nice to see her in steam back at Marley Hill the other month too.

Edited by Raised On Steam
  • Like 1

Very nice model.  I must admit that I could be sorely tempted if a kit did appear.  It's one of those locos that seems to have lots of 'character'.

How does it perform when propelling wagons backwards through 'industrial' curves?  Is the long overhang a problem with buffer locking at all?

• 2 weeks later...

If you are off to ExpoEM North this weekend Mike should have this with him. So you can ask Judith nicely if you want one.

Baz

Oohh, have I got sufficient time left in my meagre existence to build this - along with a High Level L&Y Steeple Cab and the new Fowler Diesel, an RT Sentinel and finish the Impetus Bagnall, build several coach kits and another layout to run them all on and, and, and, and............................................................

• Friendly/supportive 1

Oohh, have I got sufficient time left in my meagre existence to build this - along with a High Level L&Y Steeple Cab and the new Fowler Diesel, an RT Sentinel and finish the Impetus Bagnall, build several coach kits and another layout to run them all on and, and, and, and............................................................

If you don't give it a go you won't know???

Gordon A

Bristol

• 2 weeks later...