The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Feeling dismal, this August ?,...then visit,.. not Wallyworld, nor the Bournemouth Air Festival..but

Ceptic

ive got to say that looks strangely inviting!

i'd certainly go and have a look if i was closer 

Be advised....What the invitation to visit, (If you intend to, extra, indulge in the sea-side's attractions of a paddle and Fish 'n'Chips) doesn't mention, is the welcoming raids of  Stukas  Seagulls (Blackheaded, or otherwise) and the, intensive, subversive / submarine invasion of Barrel-Bodied & Portuguese-Man-O-War Jellyfish.

Said the same last night, and I think Walts pockets are a lot deeper than Banksy's when it comes to lawyers.

Great idea tho, he had over 300,000 visit his last expo in Bristol.

The riot model looked good, I was wondering if he used the Faller figures etc for it?

• RMweb Gold

Just surprised that the legal people from a company with a similar name have not taken any action.

Or would they find the publicity too embarrassing?

Contains uneven floor surfaces, extensive use of strobe lighting, imagery unsuitable for small children and swearing.

The following are strictly prohibited in the Park – spray paint, marker pens, knives and legal representatives of the Walt Disney Corporation.

• RMweb Gold

Be advised....What the invitation to visit, (If you intend to, extra, indulge in the sea-side's attractions of a paddle and Fish 'n'Chips) doesn't mention, is the welcoming raids of  Stukas  Seagulls (Blackheaded, or otherwise) and the, intensive, subversive / submarine invasion of Barrel-Bodied & Portuguese-Man-O-War Jellyfish.

seaside attractions of a paddle - in Weston-Super-Mud?  That's the best joke in this thread  (don't go telling us that the tide actually comes in sometime).  But I do recommend the excellent railway station - even if it did used to be one of mine ;)

....The riot model looked good, I was wondering if he used the Faller figures etc for it?

There's a fella in Northern Ireland who makes and sells 1:76 models based on the riot vehicles employed in the Province, and I wonder if any of those were used.

An Ad' Man's dream headline "Welcome to Weston the home of Dismaland"

Does it say how much they paid the big D for the right to (miss)use certain items, or are we about to enjoy some brand protection law suits?

I went on holiday to Weston Super Mare with my parents about 1971, it was absolutely brilliant, I spent four or five great afternoons at the platform end at Temple Meads and for a young Scot that had never seen a Hydraulic before it was bliss, I copped my first Western, Warship and Hymek, was hauled by two out of those three classes, the rest I don't really remember!!

jim

An Ad' Man's dream headline "Welcome to Weston the home of Dismaland"

Does it say how much they paid the big D for the right to (miss)use certain items, or are we about to enjoy some brand protection law suits?

Now it has been “covered” in the USA you may well find the identity of the “artist” formerly known as “Banksy” or “Banksie” common knowledge.

It’s like something made by Public School kids who have too much money and a big sense of Entitlement.

Best, Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

About 65 years ago I was taken to W.S.M. for our annual holiday by my parents.

We stayed at a "Bed and Breakfast" guest house (as families did in those days) and took part in the morning "chat" around the breakfast table with the other guests, (as you did in those days - all except me, as I, of course, came into the category of "seen and not heard" being a young child.)

I did, however, know about the, to me, vast expanse of the mud beach and it's claimed therapeutic properties. 

One morning another party of guests shared the fact that they had indeed come down with their daughter who had some ailment or another and had that morning taken her out and buried her in the mud.

The reader here must remember that I was only a child at this time - but my whole life to date, has been scarred by the vision of that poor girl being buried up to her neck in mud on this vast beach (I use the term loosely) as the tide came in and she was eventually drowned because her parents couldn't remember where she was on that vast beach to come and dig her out.

Archived