7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

Bertsdorf - right over in the eastern corner of Germany from Zittau to Oybin and Jonsdorf with the junction at Bertsdorf.  Very nice little line with a good mixture of scenery and a very comfortable barwagen.  Not sure if it still happens but Bertsdorf was well known for parallel departures on the two routes to the termini

https://www.steam-route-saxony.com/en/upper-lusatia/19/Zittauer_Schmalspurbahn__SOEG_mbH_railway_company.html

attachicon.gifDSCF0143.jpg

Edit to correct typo

That could be next years holiday sorted.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That could be next years holiday sorted.

Managed to take in the Harz and a very quick stop at Fichtelbergbahn during a driving holiday about 4 years ago. We also stayed in Colditz Castle which I can thoroughly recommend. There is some fantastic scenic empty countryside in the former East Germany and we found the local people friendly and helpful. Go for it, you'll have no regrets!

• RMweb Premium

Hope a few more tempting photos are OK...

post-14258-0-69013400-1482950163_thumb.jpg

Drie Annen Hohne, the start of the climb to Brocken.

post-14258-0-44444800-1482950290_thumb.jpg

The view from the top. Somewhere in the (very far) distance is Russia.

post-14258-0-13313800-1482950270_thumb.jpg

Colditz Castle 

post-14258-0-57825800-1482950426_thumb.jpg

Serious stuff...

post-14258-0-54888500-1482950391_thumb.jpg

Colditz has a brewery!

post-14258-0-16663000-1482950260_thumb.jpg

The Fichtelbergbahn near the Czech border. 

No more temptations for a while, dinner's ready!

• Like 3

Hope a few more tempting photos are OK...

attachicon.gif049.jpg

Drie Annen Hohne, the start of the climb to Brocken.

attachicon.gif054.jpg

The view from the top. Somewhere in the (very far) distance is Russia.

attachicon.gif028.jpg

Colditz Castle 

attachicon.gif029.jpg

Serious stuff...

attachicon.gif045.jpg

Colditz has a brewery!

attachicon.gif071.jpg

The Fichtelbergbahn near the Czech border. 

No more temptations for a while, dinner's ready!

Does anybody make a model of that in HOm ?

Right,

Having lost a good three days due to 'man flu' I'm going to have a go at doing a bit today. I still don't feel brilliant so may not get far.

First job is to cut down the track bed width in the goods yard. I've marked out with a blue pen the cut lines.

post-8734-0-48467600-1483094954_thumb.jpg

I've temporarily screwed down the track bed nearest the camera so not to loose its position.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Similar but no, I think they are the type used on the Harz lines (like I know what I'm talking about) .

Yep the Tillig ones are Harz metre gauge locos, I think Bemo do the right one for the Fichtelberg on 9mm track to represent the 750mm gauge prototypes.

Edit:

I think this is the one

http://www.bemo-modellbahn.de/produkte/deutsche-bahnen-h0e.html?tx_userbemocatalogue_rubriclist%5Bitem%5D=26&tx_userbemocatalogue_rubriclist%5Baction%5D=show&tx_userbemocatalogue_rubriclist%5Bcontroller%5D=Item&cHash=346802987d55e5e88316e435a9d36ace

Btw if you think the Tillig are expensive ;) . . .

http://www.bemo-modellbahn.de/produkte/deutsche-bahnen-h0e.html?tx_userbemocatalogue_rubriclist%5Bvehicle%5D=26&tx_userbemocatalogue_rubriclist%5Baction%5D=show&tx_userbemocatalogue_rubriclist%5Bcontroller%5D=Vehicle&cHash=8003b1727b9c1f470b814f75aa77eba7

Didn't see the 7mm L&B coaches at Warley, might see David at Shepton so will try to remember to ask.

Edited by PaulRhB

Yep the Tillig ones are Harz metre gauge locos, I think Bemo do the right one for the Fichtelberg on 9mm track to represent the 750mm gauge prototypes.

Didn't see the 7mm L&B coaches at Warley, might see David at Shepton so will try to remember to ask.

Thanks Paul, that would be most appreciated.

Shepton's an 8 hour round trip - and yes I know I'll miss your wonderful layout...

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Paul, that would be most appreciated.

Shepton's an 8 hour round trip - and yes I know I'll miss your wonderful layout...

If your are heading to the west country you may as well go on Jan 22nd to the Bristol 0 gauge event and speak to Slaters in person.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Query:

I read earlier that Slaters at Warley had engineering samples of their forthcoming L&B coaches.

Did anyone mange to glimpse or photograph said items?

The 7mm NGA had the Slaters L&B brake coach,the injection plastic kit,on their stand through out Sunday.The vehicle was 80% finished,but what was there was outstanding.David White told me that the vehicle will be able to run on 14mm or 16.5mm track and should be available early 2017 and cost around the £60 mark.Plenty of people photographed the coach but I didn't.

Tim

The 7mm NGA had the Slaters L&B brake coach,the injection plastic kit,on their stand through out Sunday.The vehicle was 80% finished,but what was there was outstanding.David White told me that the vehicle will be able to run on 14mm or 16.5mm track and should be available early 2017 and cost around the £60 mark.Plenty of people photographed the coach but I didn't.

Tim

Thank you, that's excellent news.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing these.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, that's excellent news.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing these.

Tim didn't take any photos - but I did :D

Sorry they aren't the greatest quality, the lighting in the NEC is a bit naff!

post-1365-0-19994700-1483443997_thumb.jpg

post-1365-0-00690700-1483444001_thumb.jpg

The kit is delightful, and I can see one or two ending up in my collection...

• Like 9

Tim didn't take any photos - but I did :D

Sorry they aren't the greatest quality, the lighting in the NEC is a bit naff!

attachicon.gifL&B No.16a.jpg

attachicon.gifL&B No.16b.jpg

The kit is delightful, and I can see one or two ending up in my collection...

They look excellent! Thank you for taking the time to post them. That looks like a Brake Third, L&B Nos 15 & 16

As I understand it, and I'm operating on third/forth hand information on this, they are producing three types as follows (marked up on a summary table from 'Measured & drawn');

post-8734-0-73392300-1483463610_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if there is a plan to produce the other types or if we'll have to indulge in a bit of classic 'cut & shut'.

If anybody believes I've got my assumptions wrong, please let me know...