7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

And with the track plan laid on top.

attachicon.gifIMG_3283.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3284.jpg

You can see at the open end once the platform ends the board configuration now allows for the embankment to fall away from the edge the of the track bed - the whole reason this board has been built narrower

In the second picture the track bed appears to fall away dramatically at the bottom of the picture.  But, I don't know the prototype

Andy

• RMweb Premium

In the second picture the track bed appears to fall away dramatically at the bottom of the picture.  But, I don't know the prototype

Andy

I didn't want to point that out Andy. Obvious oversight and poor planning IMO...

• RMweb Premium

Andy

As folk are always saying... there's a prototype for everything.

post-6675-0-11351400-1485897654.jpg

Oh, and don't forget Rule 1.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

As folk are always saying... there's a prototype for everything.

tmp_10093-images-1164457786.jpg

Oh, and don't forget Rule 1.

;) That's not the Lynton Cliff Railway! All this research . . . ;)

Make a good tool carrier for those under baseboard jobs :)

http://m.cliffrailwaylynton.co.uk

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

​  think rule  one  is  Its my  Railway (ie model railway) I can do  what   I like

​On one  of  the  large  scale  ( Garden  Railway)  forums  G Scale Central,   it  is  rule  8,   that  forum  is  also  the  province  of  Mr  Lumphammer,  ( that  may  raise  a  few  queries)

​  think rule  one  is  Its my  Railway (ie model railway) I can do  what   I like

​On one  of  the  large  scale  ( Garden  Railway)  forums  G Scale Central,   it  is  rule  8,   that  forum  is  also  the  province  of  Mr  Lumphammer,  ( that  may  raise  a  few  queries)

All my 'modelling' involves a lump hammer

• Like 1

Bike ride in the sunshine complete, no cape involved. I've started slowly assembling the frame for back board No 3.

First of all a long strip on the back of the board.

post-8734-0-30337300-1486217525_thumb.jpg

I find this whole, do a bit, post a bit and relax a bit very enjoyable. It allows me to rest and has the benefit of time for planning the next bit or noticing something I've done wrong...

For example I've noticed that I've cut the wood too long, it needed the thickness of the plywood removing because the board ends are inset. Lucky the glue hadn't dried, timber now the correct length.

• Like 2

I've started to assemble the board end this afternoon.

post-8734-0-97340700-1486299909_thumb.jpg

I've made it slightly over size as I'll have to make an angled cut on the front end. This is to accommodate the angled front to the board. It is only 1 degree off a normal 90 degree cut but you'd be surprised that it makes a difference, if you don't you get an unsightly gap and the surfaces will not be in contact for the glue to do its job.

• Like 1