TELFORD LAYOUTS THIS YEAR?

deltic17

Firstly I know lots of people will have put lots of effort into organising the show this year and full marks for that. I know much of the show is based around the trade stands but I am a little surprised that there appears to be no modern image/diesel layouts it seems from looking at the online guide. Whilst we all know steam is the No1 for most it is a shame if there is a no diesel themes at all especially if we are to attract the younger generation to O guage. Anyway lots hope the show is a great success and maybe this will be thought about when preparing for next year.

Cant agree that the lack of diesel layouts and Continental layouts make Telford "hardly worth bothering about". This is the number  show for  gauge and is always very inspirational. It is worth going just for the trade support alone and even if the layouts are not modern image or overseas themed there is usually a great deal to inspire. Remember that diesels came after steam without which the railways just would not have existed.

There is something for everyone at Telford so please enjoy the show.

Rod

Is there an age issue here? Personally I'm in my mid forties and model 1900-1923 light railways. Railway modelling should be a broad church. I might not have an interest in post 1960's railways but when you look at any well built railway you always find something that is of interest or pick up a tip regardless of the period being modelled.

Marc

Might be just a case of what layouts were available...

I'm in my 30s (just), prefer kettles to diseasels, but just want to see good modelling, whatever it's time / location.

For someone who has a penchant for light railways, saw the layout list and was impressed at the selection!

Cheers,

Andrew

• RMweb Premium

This will be my first visit to the Telford show and I'm looking forward to it.

This afternoon I was at my club (Romiley) where we set up Gillan & Brown to make sure everything was working properly before repacking it ready for exhibiting at Telford.

Even though I model blue diesels in 4mm at home and like european railways, I have been advised to take lots of £ as there will be plenty of goodies to buy.

As Andrew said they can only pick from the layouts that are available and there are probably far fewer modern image exhibition layouts available and even fewer 0 gauge US or Continental layouts. Personally I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Heyside in the flesh.

This will be my first visit to the Telford show and I'm looking forward to it.

This afternoon I was at my club (Romiley) where we set up Gillan & Brown to make sure everything was working properly before repacking it ready for exhibiting at Telford.

Even though I model blue diesels in 4mm at home and like european railways, I have been advised to take lots of £ as there will be plenty of goodies to buy.

Yup. Come and see me on Stand 24.

I can't make it this weekend, which is a shame has I was hoping to have a good look around the GJH Plant and Buzz Models stalls.

If anyone could be so kind to take pictures of any models either of these company's have built up I would be very greatful.

Will give me a good idea of what the kits can be made into has both websites have limited pictures.

I'm a modern image modeller and with both these company's offering resin body models I feel this is the best option to start with?

Matt

• RMweb Premium

Enjoyable first day at Telford. Shame there are no diesel or european layouts.

Minerva Models kindly let us run their new Pecket on our layout. Apparently its only the second prototype, but it looked superb and ran so nicely. So tempting to order one. Here it is,

post-19248-0-80431800-1441470770.jpg

Well I had a most enjoyable day at Telford today not too crowded to be honest and by the afternoon attendance had really thinned out 

I know it's a trade show and there was the normal good selection  there showing their wares plus the normal piles of ' junk' 

From a personal view I felt that the layouts were a bit average 

'Summit' by the Yeovil Group  was outstanding though and made up for this 

post-5136-0-97554200-1441494211.jpg  post-5136-0-46051100-1441494228.jpgpost-5136-0-28959000-1441494303.jpgpost-5136-0-12535200-1441494328.jpg

post-5136-0-10907900-1441494414.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday was my first visit to this show and as somebody who has just started a small involvement in O gauge after many years of working in 4mm scale I thought it was one of the best days out I have had at a show for a long time. Some great modelling on show, on various stands as well as the layouts, some really interesting traders and lots of good people to talk to. Any normal show would be happy to have either Heyside or Summit as a centrepiece but to have both plus a good number of high quality but smaller layouts hardly merits a rating of "average" in my book.

The day flew by and at closing time I had still not got round to look at everything.

It never struck me that there were no "modern image" layouts until I saw that comment. Although there were certainly diesels running on a few layouts that I saw, even if they were mostly green (which is my favourite diesel period anyway). There were certainly lots of more modern models in the show, even if they were not on layouts.

What was interesting was the amount of money being spent at some of the stands. Many a wallet must have been lighter by amounts with 4 figures in them (ignoring pence!).

Not in my league I have to say as my modelling is very much on a tight budget but I still came away with a few useful bits.

In fact, I enjoyed myself so much I joined the Gauge O Guild on the spot!

Tony

I'm keen to buy the models.. Just like to see more of them before I commit my money.

I'm looking at the JNA wagon.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Here are a couple of pic`s from the Buzz stand.Unfortunately GJH Plant were`nt there, and the only kits of their`s i saw were in the packet on Invertrain`s stand.

Anyhow i hope these are of some use?.

post-19751-0-94484500-1441556759_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-04213400-1441556761_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-29621800-1441556762_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-59765800-1441556763_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-63645100-1441556764_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-56462200-1441556765_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-58362000-1441556766_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-78374100-1441556767_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-86712100-1441556768_thumb.jpg

Brian,

Archived