• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, KeithHC said:

Very impressive looks good well done. Just as a matter of interest did you get any further with your class 700 plans.

Keith

Thanks Keith. The Class 700 project is on hold for the moment - I will be coming back to it, but from a slightly different angle - most likely it will involve a conversion project with the Bachmann Desiro.

• Thanks 1

On 23/04/2023 at 22:44, tjf4375 said:

Hello to all, hope everyone's had a fantastic weekend, or at least a good break from work?

There have been quite a few stock additions to Sevenoaks over the last few weeks, which I'll cover in a separate post, but work has also been progressing on the BT building, with the roof structures and southern elevation now in place. I've also installed a 'backscene' which turned out to be quite a project in itself, mostly because I'd failed to install it first before building anything in front! 

Anyway as always hope you enjoy the shots - there will be a few videos to follow as well in due course, but welcome any comments, criticisms and suggestions!

upload8.jpg

upload1.jpg

upload2.jpg

upload3.jpg

upload4.jpg

upload5.jpg

upload6.jpg

upload7.jpg

Wow!

It really has a great impact on the layout. Looks brilliant!

• tjf4375 changed the title to Sevenoaks - Accurascale Class 37 and more scenery progress
  • RMweb Gold

Yes - very good.

The blend between track and lineside - and structures and nature - is done very well.

That BT building is a fantastic backdrop.

All the best,

James

• Agree 1

that is all tying together very well.

I particularly like the car park and access steps - give off a very typical basic multi level car park built regularly across the country in the last 20 odd years or so. very nice! 

23 hours ago, TT100 Diesels said:

This is a stunning modelling project. So very well observed, the trees and undergrowth just capture the green tunnel railway of today. Take a bow sir!

Thank you very much! Really appreciate that :)

12 hours ago, jamest said:

Yes - very good.

The blend between track and lineside - and structures and nature - is done very well.

That BT building is a fantastic backdrop.

All the best,

James

Cheers James, much appreciated! :)

10 hours ago, WCML100 said:

that is all tying together very well.

I particularly like the car park and access steps - give off a very typical basic multi level car park built regularly across the country in the last 20 odd years or so. very nice! 

Many thanks, really appreciate that. I'm not sure but I think this building was constructed in the early 2000s so really glad if the model captures that vibe :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Lovely modelling and very well observed, I can remember it from the fifties and  sixties and my has it changed. All the best Adrian.

Thanks Adrian. I'm not local to Sevenoaks so until I started the layout I've only known it traveling through the station over the years on the way to London. Studying it for the layout I can definitely see drastic changes to the station since the 50s and 60s, when I think it was known as Tubbs Hill, and had additional platforms on the up and down side. Even in the 10 years since I started the layout it's undergone a lot of work 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackB95 said:

Oh that's just gorgeous. I really like the multistorey car park especially! 

Thanks Jack, really appreciate that. I was pleased with how the carpark area turned out in the end, and it was quite good fun to do. There are some working lights in this area too which I'll try and get some pictures of soon, but the wiring under the baseboard is really awkward to get to so I've been putting off connecting them!

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • tjf4375 changed the title to Sevenoaks - Otford Junction Scenery Progress
  • RMweb Gold

Hi,

That looks great - you have done a fantastic job there. Different shades and subtle tones, small details, really really good.

Some of those pictures with the sub-station in the back ground could be real in my eyes. I don't know the area you are modelling but I have a feeling I'd recognize it if I was ever transported there.

Regards,

James

Edited by jamest
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1