Parkandillack Clay Dries

iarnrod

Would anyone know where I can find some detailed photos of Parkandillack Clay Dries? Most of the ones that I have found on the internet so far are from the same angles, so there are still large parts of the site that remain unknown as to the layout or finer details.

Planning a layout based on a representation of Parkandillack, so any help much appreciated.

Hi,

Several books are available that I would recommend buying but can be quite scarce to find.

John Vaughan's An illustrated History of West Country China Clay Trains.

Maurice Darts "Cornish China Clay Trains" - Has some good photos of the china clay works themselves.

There is a thread in the Cornish Railways Section on RMWeb which has some nice photos.

Hope this helps and good luck with the project!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have all the well known china clay books, and I think I have viewed every photo on the web at this stage. I have enough material to make a start, but more detailed photos would be a great help.

I found a drawing of one of the Parkandillack buildings by an RMWEB member. He stated in that thread that he planned on doing a full set of drawings for that site, but I haven't located them so far, so not sure if they were ever posted on RMWEB or not.

I need to try an estimate the building sizes using the drawing that was posted on here with measurements of one of the Parkandillack buildings and Google Earth to estimate the remaining building sizes and see how they would fit into my available layout space which would be 8' x 3'.

I need to try an estimate the building sizes using the drawing that was posted on here with measurements of one of the Parkandillack buildings and Google Earth to estimate the remaining building sizes and see how they would fit into my available layout space which would be 8' x 3'.

If you go 2mm scale it should all fit very nicely into that space.

Will be in 4mm scale, so I imagine that I will have to adapt it to fit in the main buildings that front onto the railway sidings.

One amendment to the prototypical Parkandillack layout will be a loader for sludge as I want to use the Silver Bullet wagons in addition to the other available RTR China CLay wagons. Plan to cover the period 1990-2005 to allow a bit of variety in terms of locos and rolling stock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just posted some photos of Parkandillack, among others, from a field trip in July 2012.  Hopefully, these might give you a few angles that you haven't seen before:

http://www.claphammodelrail.com/the%20real%20thing.html#Cornwall

http://www.claphammodelrail.com/others.html

Regards

Paul

www.claphammodelrail.com

www.facebook.com/claphammodelrail

Archived