Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Train of the Future?

shortliner

• RMweb Premium

What is the point of it? It's a mixture of hovercraft, train, ferry and aircraft. The downdraughts alone will exclude running those things into city centres hence the artist's impression of "Station 5" being out in the middle of nowhere - and you would still need taxis to get to those "stations"!

Actually, I think we just seen a preview of the next series of "Thunderbirds"! 

Poorly thought out. Doesn't include my patented dual helical accelerators to enable ground side embarkation and disembarkation, and between train transfers, with no need to stop the trains. (This is the intermediate phase before the same device is adopted to service contnuous travelators on the most densely trafficked passenger routes.)

I notice all the women walk like cat-walk models!  :-)

Well it is the future. The long-anticipated upgrade to the mk2 'every one a supermodel' edition is bound to turn up at some time. 

Running shoes, fast car, outta here.

I noticed that the road vehicles hadn't advanced very much...

steve

The video title:

"Новый вид транспорта, который можно построить уже сегодня." -> "A new mode of transportation that can be built today."

It's a concept of what's possible now, not the distant future.

Hey don't knock it -- it's a brilliant piece of CGI, but whether the future will be as bright an shiny as depicted is anybody's guess.

Exactly. I think a lot of some folk have missed the point. It's an excellent example of home-brewed CGI, exactly the kind of short that could have been made for someone's portfolio to give them a leg-up in the industry. Us lot going on about "well, it's not very practical, is it?" is totally irrelevant. Enjoy it for what it is, not what it could be, 'cos it's not going to happen, is it?

Archived