Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

Well, feeling frustrated, 

i am on the list for pre ordering and despite giving me a reply to the first email with costs to Australia, i have requested to pay for a loco 4 times now and had no further response. 

i have also received the reminder email saying if i don't buy one before todays deadline, the loco will be general release and i may not get what i want

Jamie! i want D5000 sound fitted, will you get back to my emails

please feel free to pass it on if anyone can give him a nudge. (otherwise it will be a rebuilt bullied for me instead)

hooray! ordered. caps lock works sometimes, when you need to be heard of course. :shout:  :yahoo:

I don't see a problem about arguing the pro's and cons about a newly introduced model.

However It does get me confused when contributors start arguing about whether they are arguing or not.

And for those that are calling for this thread to be locked. Why? Remember the original release of the Bachmann Class 37. That was released to pretty much universal acclaim, but then over the first few months following general release, folk started to realise that it wasn't the utopian Class 37 all the hype had led them to believe.

Lets keep debating the SLW  Sulzer. That way if Mr Sutton does as he says and listens (and perhaps more importantly acts) to constructive criticism, we may see an even better representation of what appears to be an already good model.

P

Edited to remove spilling mistooks.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You've not been in the various Track Threads then.... makes this look like tea at Claridges

At least no one can argue which is the best gauge regarding the 24 OO, EM or P4!!

Although it looks far superior in EM ;)

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

I just wrote out a mock complaint that there is no S4 (AKA P4X) version... but given the way this thread has gone, I'm not sure that it would be wise.

Regardless of the arguments, right and wrong, I hope that it proves commercially successful to Mr Sutton and that he is encouraged by the sales (and not discouraged by squabbling) to the point where he decides to work on other classes. The definitive Brush 4 for example.

At least no one can argue which is the best gauge regarding the 24 OO, EM or P4!!

Although it looks far superior in EM ;)

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

Oh, my understanding was that S4 wheel sets would run through P4 track OK but P4 wheel sets had too small a B2B to run through the finer flange way and check way.

I must go back and read that article.

Tell me- did you go S4 because you think it looks better, or just to get one over on some of those working with coarse P4? (I ask that question sincerely and not part of a flame war between anyone).

Apologies for O/T. If you prefer to reply by PM that's ok with me.

Funny that. I find standard P4 wheels run fine through my S4 turnouts...  attachicon.gifstirthepot.gif

P

Tell me- did you go S4 because you think it looks better, or just to get one over on some of those working with coarse P4? (I ask that question sincerely and not part of a flame war between anyone).

Neither. Total c*ck up on my part. Bought the wrong gauges and didn't realise till years later.

• Like 1

Iv'e just placed an order for a D5000, Got through first time. Costly but from what I have seen and heard, Worth it.

I agree, to be honest I didn't check the price when I placed the order, and I am not worried if it is £160 or £175 as at either price it is good value. Too many people confuse "good value" with "low cost".

I had a good chat with Jamie or Phil on the phone and told them for my perspective they are giving a good value product and that they deserve to do well and look forward placing my orders for the class 25, class 55 and class 37 in due course.... The person didn't bite on the last comment but hopefully food for thought.

Edited by 37114
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

You don't know which one you spoke to?  :O Here's a clue, Phillip is male and Jamie is Female! 

Ah, thanks for that. In that case, I spoke to both, and what a charming helpful pair they are.

I too got through first time. Actually the second caller after 10 this morning just behind a guy still having his breakfast!

Obviously, Phil is well skilled at fending off leading questions regarding future products!

(You have to try don't you?)

Kev.

• RMweb Premium

Ah, thanks for that. In that case, I spoke to both, and what a charming helpful pair they are.

I too got through first time. Actually the second caller after 10 this morning just behind a guy still having his breakfast!

Obviously, Phil is well skilled at fending off leading questions regarding future products!

(You have to try don't you?)

Kev.

Hi Kev

A couple of years ago Phil was chatting to me and the conversion got to the point when we were talking about what future models Rail Exclusive could produce, :scratchhead:  I suggested a few, it was when I mentioned the Cuban 47s. :dontknow:  He just laughed at me.  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  Form memory neither of us talked about BR Sulzer Type 2s.  :no: 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You don't know which one you spoke to?  :O Here's a clue, Phillip is male and Jamie is Female! 

Ah, that explains the pleasant lady I spoke to!  Took me about 25 minutes to get through, but I was busy running a model railway shop workbench at the time.

They sounded well organised, which gives hope for a long and fruitful relationship - I hate those disorganised or less than truthful dealers.  Whilst we won't be able to stock these it is nice to support them.

Now, about the Tyne Dock versions in small yellow panel.....

• Like 1