Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

My two have just arrived in the post :)

Only unpacked them and given them both the once over but WOW! I'm so pleased I made the investment! It's a lot more than I ever pay for two locos but the quality really does shines through! I will test out the sound on 081 a bit later today when I have more time :)

I've just tested out the sound... I don't know what to say! It's the best sounding loco I have by far, Thanks Pauliebanger for all your work to make that possible.

Just one question for people who have bought the 24, did you get an email from SLW confirming your order and/or before it was sent out? I only ask because other than a couple of phone calls to them i've not had any mail and checking the email address they have printed on the receipt they have my address wrong (spelling virginmedia as viginmedia) I did receive an email from royal mail this morning though to tell me it would be delivered today so thats odd unless someone at RM noticed?

I've just tested out the sound... I don't know what to say! It's the best sounding loco I have by far, Thanks Pauliebanger for all your work to make that possible.

Just one question for people who have bought the 24, did you get an email from SLW confirming your order and/or before it was sent out? I only ask because other than a couple of phone calls to them i've not had any mail and checking the email address they have printed on the receipt they have my address wrong (spelling virginmedia as viginmedia) I did receive an email from royal mail this morning though to tell me it would be delivered today so thats odd unless someone at RM noticed?

I only got emails to say it was in packing and then one saying dispatched but I never got one from royal mail, But it still turned up just fine.  You could always drop them a quick email to ask?  It's good to prepared ready for future releases (I hope)

I got 2 Emails from SLW and 2 from Royal Mail. No prob's at all.

Kev.

Thanks for that Kev & MikeH_83, I'll email them to make sure they update their records (Don't want to miss out on future announcements ;) )

Edited by 37081LochLong

Very nice indeed, even the distinctive "fruit machine" controller assembly looks well represented in the cab.

I'm very temped to have one of these, but already have a couple of L.E 24's from ModelZone which I'm happy with at present...I'll certainly be looking out for what comes next though.

• RMweb Gold

Unpacked and fired my D5000 up yesterday, here's a small vid, hopefully I'll get a better one done soon.

I have to say it's the best sound I've heard and I love the way it drives, the brake is amazing.

Cheers, Paul

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 8

I have done the same,  I'm just as impressed by it all, Can't wait to get the layout operational to enjoy it properly.  One thing I have noticed though, when I put the tail lights on, in the manual it say's that it's supposed to "latch" on but when I turn them on, they turn off a few seconds later?  Maybe I just need to look into the cv's or something (i'm quite new to dcc)

Mike, it's more likely a setting in your controller - depending on what brand it is. If function 21 is set to momentary, then the lights would turn on then off again.

Ah Thanks, Just using an e-link atm as a cheap controller until I get further along with developments.  I will have a look at the settings.

Cheers

Is there something wrong with the link ;

http://www.sulzertype2.com/

It seems to default to (an old) Rail Express site ????????????????

Could be a cache or cookies problem. Try deleting the cookies for just that site and try the link again, if that doesn't work you could try deleting your cached/temporary internet files (lthough that would mean you have to reload all other sites from scratch, unless you can do it selectively).

Depending on what browser you use, have a search on the internet on how to do it, it is usually in your 'privacy' tab in options, or something similar, possibly 'security'.

Hope that helps.

D5000 arrived in sunny western Australia today

OMG! :O

absolutely fantastic! :declare:

we must support this whole heartedly

now can we have the super class 33's we were promised?  :drinks:  i need at least 6 of those, but can't justify another rat 

I'm hoping for Highland 24/1's (i'd need about 5 of those or more) and possibly a 25, then they can do a 33 :P

I'm definitely up for supporting SLW. I love my D5000 & 24081

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just looked at the website and still no sign of the "Instruction Manual" which was supposed to be available in the "Downloads" drop-down menu on the website as from December 19th 2015.

Keith

Hi Keith

How about giving Phil and Jamie a call instead of moaning on here.

Just looked at the website and still no sign of the "Instruction Manual" which was supposed to be available in the "Downloads" drop-down menu on the website as from December 19th 2015.

Keith

You've been watching out for it too? The same thing happened with the DRS 47s. I kept checking on the website with no luck and eventually asked Jamie when I ordered the 24. In fairness, she e-mailed it to me straight away. However derided other manufacturers may be and however poor their instructions sometimes are, they don't as a rule release locomotives without instructions.

Dear Frustrated SLW Class 24 drivers,

Here is a .pdf with the draft user notes for the ZIMO decoder and my sound project.

Please note that these notes are NOT the official SLW  'Instructions' which will appear on the website in due course, but do contain enough information to allow you to operate your sound fitted models prototypically in the meantime.

Happy New Year to you all.

Paul.

SLW Class 24 DRAFT User Notes V15.12.pdf

With reference to post 787 above, if we are keen to support SLW and this class 24 model,l then we need to vote for it in the British Model Railway Awards. So get on there and make your choice and let's ensure Phil and Jamie and Paul understand they have our support! Tony.

Edited by Tony Walker