Ixion O Gauge

rockershovel

I really like my Hudswell Clarke, and my new Fowler Diesel I bought the other day is fantastic too :)
Really liking the look of that Peckett - and I can see me acquiring one of those in the not too distant future as well

It is strange that today, house-builders are building smaller and smaller places, yet the larger scale is now more popular than ever :)
Of course, I think that many modellers are realising that layouts needn't be huge, whatever scale you model in
I saw the light when I first saw John Spencer's breathtaking EM micro "Ruyton Road"
Since then, I can only dream of smaller plans ;)

I'm so glad to see such high quality, superb running, wonderfully detailed O gauge RTR models
and I'm pleased Peco are releasing smaller radius points. That can only help promote O gauge even further.

Long live O gauge, long live micro layouts.... 
PS. What exactly is "micro" in O gauge terms? :)
and PPS, If I wax lyrical about the new Peckett....... can I have a free sample? ;) lol

Long live O gauge, long live micro layouts.... 

PS. What exactly is "micro" in O gauge terms? :)

It's a layout that's too small for all the O gauge locos you can now buy for what used to be the price of one. With enough left over to buy an O-16.5 loco too!

post-7091-0-57494200-1450345963.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Blatent plug, but a new 0 gauge entrant will be releasing its first product in the Spring.

About the same time Minerva will announce its second loco.

Would these both be at Kettering on 5th March . . . . ? ? That would make a good day out even better.

Blatent plug, but a new 0 gauge entrant will be releasing its first product in the Spring. This scale certainly is making a revival!

About the same time Minerva will announce its second loco.

A nice bigish side tanked 0-6-0 industrial would be very nice.....pretty,pretty please.....!!!  ;)

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Dava, I'm looking forward to what you might do to a Terrier or Peckett after seeing what you did with the Hudswell Clarke.

Thank you kindly, Martin. My blue Terrier is set to get faded & dirty over Christmas, see the Coxheath Sidings thread in due course: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/96750-easy-low-cost-micro-layout-baseboard-ideas/page-5&do=findComment&comment=2129070

As for Pecketts I am very partial to them and have already built one. The Minerva E class is a fine model but on the chunky side for my planned layout projects. A W3 would have been ideal. I intend to build a 'Yorktown' type 0-4-0ST in the future. But I have a lot more locos than running space at present so just doing little projects with the small amount of time I have. Happy modelling.

Dava

Great news about new products.

I hope we are not going to have another l-o-n-g thread like we had with "The Next Ixion Loco - what do you want".

Lets all be patient and savour the anticipation!

Rod

Well, I'm not sure I agree.  I recall the speculation was great fun, good-natured, amusing and hugely inaccurate...

I'm still looking forward to Chris producing an ex Mersey Railway 0-6-4...  (even if I'm not at all sure what I could do with it apart from "admire")

Season's Greetings

Simon

Well, I'm not sure I agree.  I recall the speculation was great fun, good-natured, amusing and hugely inaccurate...

I'm still looking forward to Chris producing an ex Mersey Railway 0-6-4...  (even if I'm not at all sure what I could do with it apart from "admire")

Season's Greetings

Simon

The next Ixion locomotive is the New South Wales Government Railways 32 Class 4-6-0 in H0; the first decorated sample should arrive this week. The first tranche of funding for the second Minerva RTR 0 Gauge has been paid and design work has started.

The technology exists, does the demand? Who will be first with a Gauge 0 RTR 0-6-0 and what will it be?

Dava

I would have thought that the front runners, in no particular order, would be Austerity 0-6-0ST, GWR 57xx 0-6-0PT, LMS and/or BR Jinty 0-6-0T and the unloved but ubiquitous "Gronk" 08 0-6-0DM. One if the numerous MR/LMS 0-6-0s would be a logical choice but I can't see a tender loco until an 0-6-0T has succeeded.

A SR or early BR USA Dock Shunter would be a striking model, with its high-stepping gait and outside valve gear but I can't see it yet, too much of a niche model

Here is the first decorated sample of the Ixion H0 New South Wales Government Railways 32 Class 4-6-0. The buffer stock should be red, but the detail on the model is impressive. This is a photo taken by the factory and unlike making models, photography is not their forte.

post-13142-0-05678600-1450775772_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I thought it had already been done by Ixion with their Hudswell Clarke!

Dave

'Confused' was suggesting a J21 tender loco, my reply was 0-6-0 not 0-6-0T! Question stands.

Well, I'm not sure I agree. I recall the speculation was great fun, good-natured, amusing and hugely inaccurate...

While I'd agree with that for the most part, I seem to recall that it actually started as a serious request for suggestions- and one of the ideas put forward was the Fowler (although not specifically the GWR version).

Archived