'USA' 0-6-0T models - painted samples

dibber25

My understanding is that the volume sold (in total) is somewhat higher than that assumption so it could be that larger numbers of 103 and/or 104 were produced to meet demand.

I'm not sure what the total production was but I don't think it was necessarily 500 of each livery. I don't think we increased the runs on 103 and 104, we merely added another different lined green one and weathered black one to provide alternatives to the ones that sold out quickly. I understand that the sales figures are very positive, to the extent that we are being asked what we have lined up to do next. We have a plan....... 

• Like 3

I'm not sure what the total production was but I don't think it was necessarily 500 of each livery. I don't think we increased the runs on 103 and 104, we merely added another different lined green one and weathered black one to provide alternatives to the ones that sold out quickly. I understand that the sales figures are very positive, to the extent that we are being asked what we have lined up to do next. We have a plan....... 

MR-104 was, at least in 2013, (according to the web page I saved at time of my order) limited to 500

MR-103, as stated on website is a production of 750.

All others seem to be 500.

Can MR clarify how many of each are produced in the end?

I assume these are not certificated limited editions.

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Premium

I would certainly like one of MR109, 30067 late logo without weathering. However, having had to scrimp and scrape to put together the money for an APT-E, it might be a while before I have the necessary funds. They might be sold out by then :(

• RMweb Premium

It would be nice to know what those plans are....It might well save someone buying a loco for a possibly unnecessary respray lol!

....... which is precisely why it would not be sensible business practice until all of the current batch are sold !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

I note,Graham,you state that a 5 pole motor is installed in this model.So this is a step-up from Bachmann's usual 3-pole,I take it.There has been some discussion here as to whether or not a coreless motor is used.

• RMweb Gold

I note,Graham,you state that a 5 pole motor is installed in this model.So this is a step-up from Bachmann's usual 3-pole,I take it.There has been some discussion here as to whether or not a coreless motor is used.

I think this post below shows that the motor is in fact a 5 pole open frame motor. I have not opened mine up yet.

Simple answer is to take the body off and have a look

This motor in the USA KWVLR 72 does not look like a coreless one to me

attachicon.gif20120101_224903.jpg

It would be nice to know what those plans are....It might well save someone buying a loco for a possibly unnecessary respray lol!

I can tell you that these 10 livery/detail variants are the only 'USAs' Model Rail will be producing. Once they're gone, they're gone. It may be that, like the NRM exclusives, Bachmann will run the 'USA' in their standard range in due course, but that will be some years down the line. (CJL)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

MR-104 was, at least in 2013, (according to the web page I saved at time of my order) limited to 500

Could you please explain how this information helps the purchaser to enjoy his model?

I can tell you that these 10 livery/detail variants are the only 'USAs' Model Rail will be producing. Once they're gone, they're gone. It may be that, like the NRM exclusives, Bachmann will run the 'USA' in their standard range in due course, but that will be some years down the line. (CJL)

And just think what the price of them will be then!

As far as I'm aware the quantities haven't changed from those originally announced. Orders for 500 are normally delivered (and charged) for 504 which includes the livery sample. Occasionally one has a unique sample model, such as the 'Maunsell' in malachite green, which will remain in Model Rail's archive. The 'USAs', like the Sentinels, are Model Rail exclusives but they are not limited editions as such. We ceased providing numbered certificates long ago, once it became clear that the majority of our sales have been to people who wanted to run their models rather than simply collect them. (CJL)

• Like 4

Hi there, I'm sorry if this is obvious but I can't seem to find it anywhere, how can I order or pre order a weathered version?

MR-106 Late emblem BR black No. 30071 is the weathered model. You can order at www.modelrailoffers.co.uk or by phone on 01209 613984. (CJL)

• RMweb Premium

I missed the delivery yesterday but I'm delighted to have mine; it's a superb little model and I'll stick my neck out and say I feel it's the best produced OO RTR steam loco I've seen.

My model of USATC '1968' has arrived and I've put a review of it against the Rivarossi model on my blog. I hope this is useful to people. I think the Bachmann product is fair, but the Hornby B12 is still the best RTR 00 steam loco I've seen.

- Richard.

• RMweb Premium

Hi graham. You say that there is a new style of information leaflet included with the loco. Any ch ace of an image of it? Is it closer to Hornbys style rather than just the exploded diagram that used to be Bachmanns standard style?

Hi graham. You say that there is a new style of information leaflet included with the loco. Any ch ace of an image of it? Is it closer to Hornbys style rather than just the exploded diagram that used to be Bachmanns standard style?

It's better than they used to be but it's not up to the Rapido standard by a long way. I'm in the process of fitting a decoder to the black 08 that we did (I bought the last one we had in stock). The piece of paper in that doesn't even tell you how to take the body off, despite the fact that it's DCC-ready, so you've got to take the body off to fit a decoder! I've long felt that this was one aspect of British models that was very poor. Hornby's leaflets are little better in my experience. (CJL)

hope it's ok to link to MREMAG, as here is the instruction leaflet

http://www.mremag.com/index.php/letters-page/1112-hys10-8-2016

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that Chris. And thanks for the link G-Boaf. It is definitely and improvement for Bachmann but I agree with Chris that Hornbys is still better.

Edited by Hilux5972