Happy Bunny.....

shortliner

The Wee Beastie has arrived! What a little beauty - ( all in the eye of the beholder, of course) It is a heavy little so-and-so with a die-cast chassis , so should be capable of moving several cars at a time. I'll try to get some piccies up in a while - but one or two home-jobs to be done first.

A nice model Jack!

That's give me ideas for my O scale project. I have a Roco/Atlas switcher...

The good thing with the Atlas WDT model is the side frames just slide out.  :locomotive:  From what I remember of the prototype (not surprisingly) the narrow gauge versions used outside frames while the standard used inside. There are a few photos in the Morning Sun Steel Mill books, and usually the 'footplate' mounted air tank is covered by a protective shield.

Don't forget that K-Line did a 4 wheel Plymouth with an older bodystyle similar to Jack's 6 wheeler. Of course it's 3-Rail but I'm sure it can be converted. :senile:

Mick.

Jack - Jordan might still have his original "Portway Terminal" photos , for his original O gauge railroad with the Alas O gauge diesel - they were on the MTI forum but are no longer showing - we can hope they are still available

Sorry for the delay. Got your email Jack, I will dig them out & re-post a few here. That old thread was long dead so I'd tidied up my Photobucket account & removed a lot of "defunct" pictures :blush:

Like this?

attachicon.gifCo Switcher.JPG

I'm asking me if NWSL F9 wheelsets will match for this locomotive????

Jack; no - the F9 wheels are much bigger. I think the axle gears might not match either.

I've been tempted to remove the sideframes on my Atlas O Plymouths, but it's amazing how the flangless center wheels are almost un-noticeable behind the frames, but really obvious without them!

Jack - Jordan might still have his original "Portway Terminal" photos , for his original O gauge railroad with the Alas O gauge diesel - they were on the MTI forum but are no longer showing - we can hope they are still available

At Jack's request, a few pics of my old "Portway Terminal" layout...

First my Atlas O Plymouth, formerly owned by Chris Ellis, Editor of Model Trains mag and it's successors.

Portway%201%20008_zps9czuzwey.jpg

Track Plan 15ft x 1ft on three boards.

Portway%20trackplan_zpssiiarwhw.jpg

From left to right along the layout:-

Cold Store

PortwayTRR%20001_zpsvmbgcvaa.jpg

Middle Junction (note I got my own track plan wrong!!! :blush: )

PortwayTRR%20005_zpsmm9xkkqn.jpg

Silos (actual Elevator tower was never built)

PortwayTRR%20006_zpsdyhwrlvi.jpg

The silos were Pringles tubes, not entirely convincing in O. I made a new facility from plastic household guttering, about 3ft high! Again it was never finished, but did look good -

SooNew6_zpstllaspuy.jpg

Finally one detail I really liked - the rear track through the grade crossing was "disused", there were wheelstops before it and a very over-grown look to the rails

PortwayTRR%20004_zpsm6n3uvwq.jpg

Track was all Lima set track, with points shortened to fit.

Those points were shortened? Good grief!

Yep, but not by as much as Marc Smith has...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/105886-have-i-got-some-mojo-back-a-new-tiny-o-gauge-project/&do=findComment&comment=2121886

Jack; no pics really as the Freight Forwarder & Cafe were never built... true of about 75% of this layout I think!! Ironically I think that section of track where they should have been was the only section I ballasted!!!

Archived