RMweb

The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Premium

No op. They did an ultrasound this morning and found my gallbladder was OK. However they don't know what it is. The most likely culprit is a stomach ulcer. They have given me some pills and I need to wait for an appointment for a camera to have a look.

Gary

All the best for that and hope it gets sorted out quickly. Just don't post the video...

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for all the support guys!

I have made it home and taken a trip to the shops. Walking around there has worn me out but I expected that, unfortunately I still feel pretty cr4p but also relived that I don't have to have my gallbladder out!

I shall be taking each day as it comes at the moment, hopefully a good nights sleep will help me feel a bit better!

Gary

Thanks for all the support guys!

I have made it home and taken a trip to the shops. Walking around there has worn me out but I expected that, unfortunately I still feel pretty cr4p but also relived that I don't have to have my gallbladder out!

I shall be taking each day as it comes at the moment, hopefully a good nights sleep will help me feel a bit better!

Gary

Hi Gary,,,,,

Good to hear that you're back home and haven't had to undergo any surgery.....you are bound to feel shattered, emotionally these matters take an underlying toll..so take it steady matey...I hope the further investigation  planned  finds the underlying cause of your condition.....?

All the very best my friend.....

Bob

Edited by BobM

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Bob,

All the ratings and comments I have received here as I have been updating you all really has helped immensely on the emotional front. Although I don't have dates yet the next round of tests have been arranged, hopefully it will be something easy to deal with.

Gary

• RMweb Gold

Hi Sarah,

I suppose that is a possibility, however for some reason no-one thought it was a good idea to take a sample of the air at the time so no-one knows for sure what it actually was. Still as long as they can find what the issue is and sort it out that's what will matter.

Gary

• RMweb Gold

Gary,

Good to hear (read?) that you are home with gall bladder intact. One question, and I don’t want in any way to be alarmist, but in amongst all these tests and examinations, have they checked your pancreas?

• RMweb Gold

They checked for inflammation of all the organs in the area when they did the ultrasound. When I go back for my outpatient tests they are going to look deeper into other organs, starting with the stomach and duodenum. I'm pretty sure my pancreas is on the list as well.

Gary

• RMweb Gold

to a degree it was a false alarm, I won't be needing my gallbladder out. However there is definitely something wrong, the pain has been going on for too long for it to be nothing. I'm just hoping they get to the bottom of it soon and it is nothing too serious.

Gary

• RMweb Gold

Well guys I seem to have found a nice therapeutic activity to help with my recovery. It's a thing called "railway modelling" I'm sure some of you must have heard of it, I can definitely recommend it!!

And with that I have taken a picture of the full roster of locos that I actually use on Oak Hill on a regular basis, all the others are really designated for Hailsham although the terrier in the image will be used on that as well!

post-22762-0-81998200-1511474638_thumb.jpg

Gary

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Well good to hear they haven't had to do anything severe, hopefully they'll have you out of the works and back in regular service in no time

Thanks, I feel much better than I did yesterday, probably something to do with all the antibiotics they pumped me with last night!!

That does look nice. And is that CDC's Millwall Extension Rlwy tank making the Terrier look like a giant?

Hope you're feeling better after a couple of days' well-deserved rest.

Yes Ian it is CDC's Millwall Extension tank. It's a lovely little engine I have the correct wheels from Alan Gibson so it is just waiting for me to find a motor / gearbox combo small enough to fit before getting built properly. The Terrier looks huge next to it, not something that happens often!!

Gary

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Well I am home now so as promised a couple of pictures of the Millwall Extension Railway Tanks

First one with the advertising on the tank as discussed:

post-22762-0-43623700-1511550966_thumb.jpg

And one in the original livery which was described as being very similar to Improved Engine Green:

post-22762-0-24144300-1511551069_thumb.jpg

Both images were taken from issue 55 of MRJ

Gary

• Like 8

Thanks, I feel much better than I did yesterday, probably something to do with all the antibiotics they pumped me with last night!!

Yes Ian it is CDC's Millwall Extension tank. It's a lovely little engine I have the correct wheels from Alan Gibson so it is just waiting for me to find a motor / gearbox combo small enough to fit before getting built properly. The Terrier looks huge next to it, not something that happens often!!

Gary

Gary,

Only just catching up on this.  I am so sorry to hear that you have been in such pain and discomfort.  I hope it is resolved, and soon, and that, in the meantime, all those pills that must be ratting around inside you and a healthy dose of railway modelling keep you reasonably chipper!

The display of motive power that your shed scene now boasts is quite splendid, and is a sight to cheer even the most jaundiced eye. 

Keep up the good work and I hope you continue to get better.

All the best

James

• RMweb Gold

James,

Thank you, yes the pills are rather rattling inside me. I am on about 20 per day at the moment!! It is good to see you posting again.

Having a play with the layout really has made me feel much better, but at times I do not even feel able to do that!!

Gary

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone!!

I've been attempting to do some modelling again!! I have nothing to show you on that front at the moment I did however find this set of Faller Track Layers.

post-22762-0-69609700-1512161019_thumb.jpg

My question to you all is, do you think they could be made to represent Edwardian Navvies? and if so what would I have to do to them?

Cheers everyone,

Gary

• Like 1