The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

Well .......

I did have an update ready for you all. The L has progressed nicely.

but...... well...... life.......

My daughter was hit by a car after school today, she is going to be OK, but I don't feel much like posting about or doing any modelling at the moment.

I'll be back soon

Gary

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Matt,

She has been very lucky and her injuries are not too serious. I got the phone call from the school at about 3:20, but it is only just starting to hit me now.

Gary

ary,

What can I say?  Thinking and praying for you both.

Thanks Matt,

She has been very lucky and her injuries are not too serious. I got the phone call from the school at about 3:20, but it is only just starting to hit me now.

Gary

Oh my God, so sorry to hear that. I'm glad she's alright. Hope she makes a swift recovery. Edited by RedGemAlchemist

Well ######.......

I did have an update ready for you all. The L has progressed nicely.

but...... well...... life.......

My daughter was hit by a car after school today, she is going to be OK, but I don't feel much like posting about or doing any modelling at the moment.

I'll be back soon

Gary

Hello Gary,

That is dreadful news. Please accept our very best wishes for your daughter and we hope that she will fully recover from the experience

And look after yourself as well

'Courage, mon brave'

Best wishes

Michael

• RMweb Gold

Thanks guys,

We are at home, with me having instructions for her care.

Many checks were made overnight, and she got herself up at 6 this morning, she has not wanted any pain meds yet today. She has decided today will be spent watching films, The Greatest Showman has been fetched from the DVD rack, to be followed by Moana.

Your comments and ratings have been greatly appreciated!

Gary

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

We are at home, with me having instructions for her care.

Many checks were made overnight, and she got herself up at 6 this morning, she has not wanted any pain meds yet today. She has decided today will be spent watching films, The Greatest Showman has been fetched from the DVD rack, to be followed by Moana.

Your comments and ratings have been greatly appreciated!

Gary

That sounds positive, Gary.  Thank goodness.

Many thanks for letting us know.  She seems to be on the mend.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

She is definitely on the mend.

When I phoned the school this morning to update them on her condition they asked if she was coming in today................... The woman that asked was a witness to the accident................. Sometimes our education system still manages to surprise me with just how out of touch with reality it can be.

Gary

When I phoned the school this morning to update them on her condition they asked if she was coming in today................... The woman that asked was a witness to the accident................. Sometimes our education system still manages to surprise me with just how out of touch with reality it can be.

Gary

Over officious management and office staff, luckily most people in schools are not that bad. ;)

Excellent news that she is on the mend and resting up well! :)

- Alex

Gary

If my experience with the education system is anything to go by nothing has changed there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well my daughter came with me to pick my son up from his school today. Walking across the playground left her in a lot of pain, and totally knackered.

I wonder how her school will react when I phone them in the morning and let them know she isn't coming in again.

Gary

Well my daughter came with me to pick my son up from his school today. Walking across the playground left her in a lot of pain, and totally knackered.

I wonder how her school will react when I phone them in the morning and let them know she isn't coming in again.

Gary

They can do as they are told. She needs to recuperate.  Has the Dr signed her off, or will the LEA have you remanded in custody for causing her to miss a day of school?  

• RMweb Gold

Good news everyone, although she did overdid it a bit yesterday and was in a fair amount of pain in the evening, she is doing really well today. She can now manage stairs OK, and so wants to try going to school on Monday.

I have shown her all the comments and ratings on here and it put a massive smile on her face to know that so many people that she has never met before care. So thank you all from both of us!

Gary

• Like 2

Good news everyone, although she did overdid it a bit yesterday and was in a fair amount of pain in the evening, she is doing really well today. She can now manage stairs OK, and so wants to try going to school on Monday.

I have shown her all the comments and ratings on here and it put a massive smile on her face to know that so many people that she has never met before care. So thank you all from both of us!

Gary

This is all very good to hear, Gary.  You may add that it was said that she is clearly a real trooper!

Hope she continues to recover and makes it to school on Monday.

Gary

Excellent news! She's certainly a little fighter!

Gary

Awesome news dude, and really glad to hear we put a smile on her face! :)

- Alex

• RMweb Gold

Once again I thank you all!!! She has been very "spaced out" most of today, so clearly the concussion is still showing it's effects.

As long as she is physically well enough I will at least take her to school on Monday, but I will want to talk to her tutor before letting her in to make sure she is being watched very closely, and sent home if she is not coping.

So far she has not wanted to actually go on the road the school is on, as she doesn't want to see the accident site, so I think that will be a big leap to make on Monday, hopefully she will manage!

Gary