I hope it's not the last light picture as I was rather enjoying them. Lighting if done well, which yours is, brings a whole new dimension to the layout. Cracking work mate.

A touch of lighting on our KoLW layout.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Cheers

Marcus

Great photo Marcus i agree good lighting is very important trying hard to get the station lit right so i dosn't look too bright like Blackpool but enough so you can see the detail.

• 2 weeks later...

A little progress this morning have stripped decals of the 37 and taken out the windows still yet to decided what livery and number its yet to be .

attachicon.gifIMG_0852.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0853.jpg

I used t-cut to take of the decals 

Thanks for lookin

If I'm not mistaken the options you have are either 37/4 or 37/5, 37/7 had only one bodyside window each side, how do I know? I was looking into buying a cheap 37/5 and turning it into a 37/7 in Coal sector livery until I spotted the window difference.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken the options you have are either 37/4 or 37/5, 37/7 had only one bodyside window each side, how do I know? I was looking into buying a cheap 37/5 and turning it into a 37/7 in Coal sector livery until I spotted the window difference.

Hi Simon im thinking 37/5 in railfreight one of Thornaby steel ones ?

• Like 1

think ive found the 37 im going to do 37693 in original rail freight without the red stripe and its got centre head code still got a bit of research to do .

Good choice mate, plenty of pictures of it on Flickr 

7905502206_e240c3bae2_b.jpg37697, 37158 and 37693 stable at Newport. by Jeremy Gould, on Flickr

I want to do a 31,37 and 47 eventually in this livery.

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 2

I need try out weathering at some point as all my stuff is pristine. Its just that the stuff to do it can cost a few quid and then there's the problem of me messing it up. I could try it on wagons and my model diggers first before doing a loco!

i like to use powders because i find you have time to take it off or put more on then seal it on with matt varnish if your unsure of starting with a "new loco" get hold of a old lima loco or coach and practise away even just matt varnish alone makes the stock seem less "out of the box" shinny . 

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_0855.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0856.jpg

have taken the 37 out of the break fluid and give it a good soapy wash there is just a bit of paint on the lower body .

now waiting for the weather to improve so i can put grey primer on.

You've made a good start there Andy, a couple of thin coats of Halfords primer should give you a good base to work on, my advice from having cocked up the black windscreen on 37116, is too mask off and do the black windscreen/bonnet first, then yellow, then the grey bodyside.

You've made a good start there Andy, a couple of thin coats of Halfords primer should give you a good base to work on, my advice from having cocked up the black windscreen on 37116, is too mask off and do the black windscreen/bonnet first, then yellow, then the grey bodyside.

Thanks simon have looked long and hard at how to do the black bonnet windscreen with the curve at the top of the windscreen being difficult to mask !!!! . By the way 350 looks dam good from here pal.

post-28330-0-54407500-1487264528_thumb.jpg

heres a photo of work so far its taken so long as ive had to strip the paint id put on it back off, it just didnt look right it was all uneven and thick along the bottom so back to primer and have another go .

it still wants a bit more spraying on the grills at the nose but dont want to over do it.

Edited by vulcan product fan
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_0869.jpg

heres a photo of work so far its taken so long as ive had to strip the paint id put on it bach off it just didnt look right it was all uneven and thick along the bottom so back to primer and have another go .

it still wants a bit more spraying on the grills at the nose but dont want to over do it.

A good start Andy

Hi all have managed to get a legomanbiffo decoder for my rat of ebay very cheap 

post-28330-0-20400400-1487352171_thumb.jpg

Its actually for a class 24 but i think they sound pretty simular 

i,ve sealed the speaker in with blue tack and think it dosent sound too bad hears a short video .

Edited by vulcan product fan
  • Like 4