• 1 month later...

Thought id try something different today so i've got myself an easy kit to try .

I wanted to add canopies to my station so after looking at loads of kits i got dapols old canopy kit

post-28330-0-06625600-1470700706_thumb.jpg

started to put it together

post-28330-0-39267600-1470700702_thumb.jpg

post-28330-0-58769900-1470700698_thumb.jpg

post-28330-0-17460500-1470700695_thumb.jpg

post-28330-0-36551500-1470700691_thumb.jpg

thats as far as i've got tonight will paint tomorrow and put rest together.

• Like 5

Top work on that canopy kit! 

Will you be adding glazing? The reason I ask is that I have some roof lights on my WRD building and am looking for some Opaque plastic sheet to simulate the glazing.

I wonder if you can get it corrugated?!!

Keep up the good work and pics

Trev :)

• Like 1

Will you be adding glazing? The reason I ask is that I have some roof lights on my WRD building and am looking for some Opaque plastic sheet to simulate the glazing.

Agreed BigT, great work on the canopy

Hi trev yes the kit comes with two pieces of clear plastic you have to cut to size . I'm sure my local model shop does have corrugated opaque sheet i know it has white as i'v used it before . Thanks for the kind words on the kit 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing them completed. I had thought of getting some of these but always thought the canopy was to big for those tiny supports and they were too tall? Be interested in your thoughts. 

Regards 

Scott 

have finished putting it together but rather botched the paint  work on it . will post some photos of it the will get some paint stripper on it i think . I thought it was a bit tall and bulky but the metcalfe models kit wasnt at my local shop so tryed this instead . if i can get it to look okay i will put 3 on the platform.

have finished putting it together but rather botched the paint  work on it . will post some photos of it the will get some paint stripper on it i think . I thought it was a bit tall and bulky but the metcalfe models kit wasnt at my local shop so tryed this instead . if i can get it to look okay i will put 3 on the platform.

did you try spraying the model with Halfords grey primer? it's cheap and gives great coverage, give the paint aisle at Halfords a browse, you'll be surprised at the variety.

Simon

did you try spraying the model with Halfords grey primer? it's cheap and gives great coverage, give the paint aisle at Halfords a browse, you'll be surprised at the variety.

Simon

ta no tryed hand painting with enamels just looks thick and clumpy but have seen people on hear use halfords sprays with great results so if paint remover works will defo have a go  :paint:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifIMG_0089.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0091.jpg

Just a few photos of the canopy on my station as i said the painting is poor i know but what do people think size and style wise there quick to put together . i plane to use 3 on that platform .

Sorry mate, missed your question. It's a shame, but I have to agree with Scott, it does look a bit overpowering for that location. Hopefully the Metcalfe one will be a better match there.

Can you use the Dapol one somewhere else, it seems a pity to waste it.

Oh, and no need to apologise for your painting, it looks absolutely fine from here :)

Al.

Sorry mate, missed your question. It's a shame, but I have to agree with Scott, it does look a bit overpowering for that location. Hopefully the Metcalfe one will be a better match there.

Can you use the Dapol one somewhere else, it seems a pity to waste it.

Oh, and no need to apologise for your painting, it looks absolutely fine from here :)

Al.

yeah i think its overpowering aswell . will save Dapol one maybe able to use on something else  and my painting will look good from bakewell ha ha just the right distance mate  :jester: