East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 40F S & T said:

Hi Thanks for the reply. I am 80 and not up with computers. What is PM and how do I do what you suggest? 

Hello, a PM is a Private Message to LNERGE, if you click on his name it will take you to his profile and from there you can  send him a message.

LNERGE_-_RMweb.jpg.5bc0ae39019a9e85d59bc3867f6b27bf.jpg

He can reply to you via your email address or RMWeb.

To edit your post to remove your email address you will find an "Edit" in the top right hand corner of your post, click on this and the text will open so that you can amend it.

Hope this helps.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

A few more pictures from Lincoln Road and the A15 today.

First of all the new bridge is looking near to completion, the tarmac on the old bridge has been stripped back as well.

IMG_1892

The patching on the bridge sidewall is now completed as well.

IMG_1891

And on the other side of the temporary footbridge it is looking very wet, not quite up to the standards of Lakes Morgan or Sindall from last winter but will make do for model boating.

IMG_1871

Under the A15 there has been a large concrete pour on the southern side which, earlier in the week, we saw had been dug out.

IMG_1872

IMG_1873

It's looking as if this is close to the base level for the trackbed too as they have been rolling the soil in the area.

IMG_1875

On the southern side of the cutting the soil that was laid in earlier in the year has been removed and the cutting side was being built up and rolled whilst I was there. The angles taken up by the bulldozer were quite surprising. It was actually sliding sideways down the cutting side!

IMG_1876

IMG_1878

Under the A15 they were doing some minor patching to the stanchion bases where the casting hadn't taken.

IMG_1881

IMG_1889

And returning to the cutting side more soil was coming in and being spread, levelled and compacted.

IMG_1885

IMG_1887

To finish off I took a little bit of video of the bulldozer at work. Sorry for the quality but it is mostly shot into the sun ...

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Crun said:

Saturday 24th October, photographs of the dive under from Cock Lane bridge:

20201024_131430.jpg

Thank you for an update.  Not been out this week until yesterday, then only as far as Cock Lane.  After effects of the flu jab I think, no energy, even to climb the ramps of the footbridge.

Just managed one photo of the large mobile crane that arrived yesterday afternoon which was being assembled just north of the dive under, no idea what it is going to do.

From your photo above the galvanised railing is being fixed on the west side retaining wall.  I also see that the Up Stamford track bed has progressed slightly further north.

IMG_6622c.jpg.a6edb971fa7adeb67454f013e4daf96a.jpg

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Thank you for an update.  Not been out this week until yesterday, then only as far as Cock Lane.  After effects of the flu jab I think, no energy, even to climb the ramps of the footbridge.

Just managed one photo of the large mobile crane that arrived yesterday afternoon which was being assembled just north of the dive under, no idea what it is going to do.

From your photo above the galvanised railing is being fixed on the west side retaining wall.  I also see that the Up Stamford track bed has progressed slightly further north.

IMG_6622c.jpg.a6edb971fa7adeb67454f013e4daf96a.jpg

Hope you feel better soon Mick. I will go for a ride around the Lincoln Road bridge area tomorrow morning in the promised sunshine.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Sorry to hear that, get better soon. Had my first ever flu jab (and a pneumonia jab) on Tuesday and apart from a slight bout of the sniffles today I, thankfully, seem OK.

• Thanks 1

On 21/10/2020 at 20:41, 40F S & T said:

LNERGE    I would like to ask you a question if is't ok

When a train enters  a block section how is it detected? If a track circuit how long are they? My email address is baznorton2@gmail.com

Sorry just noticed this.

54 minutes ago, Crun said:

Hope you feel better soon Mick. I will go for a ride around the Lincoln Road bridge area tomorrow morning in the promised sunshine.

25 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Sorry to hear that, get better soon. Had my first ever flu jab (and a pneumonia jab) on Tuesday and apart from a slight bout of the sniffles today I, thankfully, seem OK.

Thank you, feeling much better now so hopefully normal service will resume next week :ok:

My roving reporter friend had a visit to Lincoln Road/Hurn Road this morning and kindly sent these photos.

The patch on the side of the new Lincoln Road bridge looks ok, just needs a bit of blending in and weathering to disguise it.

DSC_3083.jpg.414bc5b97ed52365aa4129e094371e80.jpg

Looking towards the Lincoln Road bridges the haul road has had a meandering gully next to it fashioned to run off water down to the sump hole near piles at the A15 bridge.

DSC_3096.jpg.90fce6d4be136c8c0325083489055137.jpg

DSC_3085c.jpg.f0d19f83565d5035b76cf97cbcd3e36c.jpg

DSC_3088.jpg.ec457868f0d33a0c3cac53a346093c17.jpg

A start has been made on the piles to break away the concrete and expose the rebar for building of the south side retaining wall.

DSC_3087c.jpg.43bd03fe3edf24cdb6d81d400faaf507.jpg

DSC_3089.jpg.faff7b178a995d2338eab0c4010f7cdf.jpg

Both sides of the north ramp look to have been compacted and ready for final shaping.  A short piece of fencing and a securely locked gate at the top of the embankment have been left in place as seen in the above photo, obviously to deter those with poor eyesight desperate to enter the site from the Joint line.:crazy:

DSC_3091c.jpg.d52b15286a58c0b57f88f821b29633b1.jpg

Still trying to fathom out why the retaining wall on this side has or needs a kink in it.:scratchhead:

DSC_3093.jpg.244816dff068abd37e9c4522fd669caf.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Thank you, feeling much better now so hopefully normal service will resume next week :ok:

My roving reporter friend had a visit to Lincoln Road/Hurn Road this morning and kindly sent these photos.

Looking towards the Lincoln Road bridges the haul road has had a meandering gully next to it fashioned to run off water down to the sump hole near piles at the A15 bridge.

DSC_3096.jpg.90fce6d4be136c8c0325083489055137.jpg

DSC_3085c.jpg.f0d19f83565d5035b76cf97cbcd3e36c.jpg

The gravel 'gulley' next to the "haul road" went in first, it actually runs underneath it at the eastern end (roughly mid frame on the first photo).

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Not been out this week until yesterday, then only as far as Cock Lane.  After effects of the flu jab I think, no energy, even to climb the ramps of the footbridge.

Once you've been having it for a few years you won't even notice it.

I've been having one for about 30 years and I don't even feel much from the needle going in.

Even the slightly sore arm that you occasionally get seems less these days.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Once you've been having it for a few years you won't even notice it.

I've been having one for about 30 years and I don't even feel much from the needle going in.

Even the slightly sore arm that you occasionally get seems less these days.

That was my 14th year, best ever experience, drive in at the local football club, stay in the car, jab and home in less time than it would take to walk to the local surgery then queue for an hour with all the other wrinklies catching god knows what.  A couple of other times I've felt a bit groggy for a few days after but the majority of the years I have been fine with no effects..

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

That was my 14th year, best ever experience, drive in at the local football club, stay in the car, jab and home in less time than it would take to walk to the local surgery then queue for an hour with all the other wrinklies catching god knows what.  A couple of other times I've felt a bit groggy for a few days after but the majority of the years I have been fine with no effects..

My surgery has a large car park but we had to use the street to park as the car park was laid out with socially distanced facilities and fixed appointment times, so no queue.

On the day the Missus and I went it was warm & sunny, so in the open but they do have some small marquee like things they can use if the weather is inclement.

They were using one as a reception point when I went for some blood tests a couple of months ago. Again no queues, everything to a strict timetable.

• RMweb Premium

Mine was straight in to the doctors surgery, a couple of minutes wait with no one else there and straight out. I was out and back from home in less than 25 minutes.

Edited by Richard E

• RMweb Premium

Not even a wait at our surgery. We were in and out a couple of minutes before our appointment time (appointments were every two minutes I think). The organisation was impressive. Full marks to the staff of Newtown surgery. And no significant after effects this year.

Jonathan

At Hurn Road the new cutting has had a dam formed to stop water running down to the dive under.

IMG_6694c.jpg.fdd252cfd890a21151c7b31d532201aa.jpg

Not much happening with the piling, the disc cutter failed, then when I came back later the jack hammer to chip away the concrete had also failed, so no progress today on that front.

IMG_6692c.jpg.57888fba19ad90b320d12f0b75d06a4e.jpg

IMG_6695c.jpg.425d598391ed40ee9da1e9d602532164.jpg

Up at Lincoln Road the scrub has been cleared from the area around the mains water pipe both sides of the Joint Line.  Seems that something imminent is about to happen with that.

IMG_6707c.jpg.5dd0946865a5b33eca77eff9407f760d.jpg

IMG_6708c.jpg.3aedcc7aaad0eae269c81e51446d2586.jpg

The surface of the old Lincoln Road bridge is being excavated probably for re-installation of all services which are currently being carried over the temporary footbridge.

IMG_6711c.jpg.3d8ec5213a755344418743d60c858dc7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

That soil is really dark, I assume local, it could be peaty as it's low lying.

Around here it is either sand or blue clay depending where you are and how deep you go.

Blue clay stinks when first exposed to the air!

• Informative/Useful 1