66779 then Bachmann ?

ronnie thommo

Calm down bart2day, Bachmann sent these out to retailers with delivery notes which had the wrong price on it. They price should have shown £169.95 before any discounts, it was typed wrong. £135 is based on the price being £159.95. That is why some retailers have gone from £135 to around £144 having realise Bachmanns mistake.

Hilux it is 15% off RRP.

To clarify: Taken from our documents;

Copy of our delivery note:

32−983 Class 66 66779 ’Evening Star’ GBRF 159.95

Copy of Bachmanns RRP

Class 66 66779 'Evening Star' GBRF £169.95

Edited to show prices.

I am calm but you do realise that if what you are saying is true, then this is price fixing which is in contravention of UK and EU competition law. Edited by bart2day

I am calm but you do realise that if what you are saying is true, then this is price fixing which is in contravention of UK and EU competition law.

What I am  pointing out is that the RRP is wrong, nothing else. What I am saying is price fixing? Here we go again. You originaslly asked where was the cheapest place to buy from. There was a range of prices but that was because the delivery notes had the wrong price on them.

What I am pointing out is that the RRP is wrong, nothing else. What I am saying is price fixing? Here we go again. You originaslly asked where was the cheapest place to buy from. There was a range of prices but that was because the delivery notes had the wrong price on them.

Doesn't seem to be a range of prices. Everyone seems to want at least £134.50 and not a pound less which does look suspiciously like price fixing, yes.

Edited by bart2day

Doesn't seem to be a range of prices. Everyone except Ian Allen seems to want £144.50 and not a pound less which does look suspiciously like price fixing, yes.

There are posts on here that say £135, do a search and you can find it around that price. Go and buy a new car and you will find they are all around the same price. The RRP is the RRP. I know someone who is selling it this for £130, that is £40 approx off the RRP, but if like us they received a delivery note which says £159.95 then they think its only  £30ish cheaper.

Never heard of a Bachmann dealer being shot at dawn for selling at whatever he wants to sell for. My price is fixed, by my partners and me, is that price fixing. If everybody decides to sell at a similar price, do you think they all ring each other and decide what shall we sell this for. Or do you think they have a look at what everyone else is selling for on line and think, yes we will match that that? Seems sensible.

A quick check online and in no particular order, prices I have seen are £144.46, £144.45, £164.95, £135, £133, £179.99, £135.99, £180, £169.95 or some even lower than £130, I gave up then. Sound like price fixing?

I can almost guarantee that the highest price paid today was by me. As my partners are my wife and son, if we want something it's top dollar, it discourages me from buying too much. I don't even model in OO but I wanted one for my study. It's a fantastic model. If I were you I would buy one before they go up in price on Ebay. They may even all go up when the retailers realise they were given the wrong price.

Edited by Widnes Model Centre

Doesn't seem to be a range of prices. Everyone except Ian Allen seems to want £144.50 and not a pound less which does look suspiciously like price fixing, yes.

Shops selling at or close to the RRP is not price fixing, you need to get over your conspiracy theories!

Virtually everything has an RRP, shops sell things to make a profit, they dont sell things for fun.

Shops selling at or close to the RRP is not price fixing, you need to get over your conspiracy theories!

Virtually everything has an RRP, shops sell things to make a profit, they dont sell things for fun.

There is no shop apart from Monkbar model shop selling it at below £144 from my extensive online search. It's not conspiracy, it's fact. Was told by a well known model shop owner today that he would love to sell it at less than £144 but it's not allowed by Bachmann, in other words price fixing. Edited by bart2day

A quick check online and in no particular order, prices I have seen are £144.46, £144.45, £164.95, £135, £133, £179.99, £135.99, £180, £169.95 or some even lower than £130, I gave up then. Sound like price fixing?

Care to share the names of the retailers who are selling it at any less than £135.99? I'm guessing not, as they don't exist. Edited by bart2day

Care to share the names of the retailers who are selling it at any less than £135.99? I'm guessing not, as they don't exist.

Try Googling Bachmann Claas 66 Evening Star.  You seem to have changed the prices from your original post so I will remind you of what you originally posted:

Care to share the names of the retailers who are selling it at £133, 135 or less than 130? I'm guessing not, as they don't exist.

I refer you to your previous post where you said everybody except Ian Allen was selling at the same price and that seemed like price fixing. I actually know a shop as I had a telephone call today to say he was selling at less than £120 which is selling at a loss. Not online. But I will ring him Monday as I suspect it is marked wrong.

If you care to call me a liar, I will give you one for free, Tridentat £135.95. Thats 4p less depending on which post you look at of yours.

As I brought my list home I was comparing prices ealier today when I was in my shop. Decided to do them again just now and a lot have gone up in price. Perhaps they realised that there was a mistake on their delivery note, just like me.

• RMweb Premium

Care to share the names of the retailers who are selling it at any less than £135.99? I'm guessing not, as they don't exist.

http://www.tridenttrains.co.uk/search.php?keyword=newitems

http://www.scalerail.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=10_12&sort=pd.name&order=DESC&limit=50

These guys have it at £135, cheapest I could find. Even Rails have upped their price, I guess they got the wrong invoice too. Just for comparison and for those that may not be able to afford it just yet the below has some at inflated prices compared to most other retailers, I have a feeling these may be about longer than those selling at less than RRP.

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Bachmann-diesel/Bachmann-class-66/Bachmann-class-66-options-in-gbrf-livery-2/Bachmann-32-983-class-66-7-66779-evening-star-in-br-green-with-gbrf-branding-livery/

Not trying to cause trouble or irritation, just pointing out that irrespective of the RRP there is still mass variations in price out there.

I get that the traders have a business to run and profit to make, I think sometimes too many concentrate on a particular model rather than the full stock as a whole. Just a quick search earlier today looking for a GBRF 66, DB 67, Colas 70, DRS 68, RR 122 and DRS 47 I found each to be cheaper separately from individual shops. I had expected to get at least two from the same shop but no, the shop which had the cheapest 70 also had the most expensive 67 so just goes to show it not all about making as cheap as possible to get rid of all the stock.

Having said all that I can see why it’s easy to get frustrated given the forum generates much rumour, usually individual opinions pushed on the general population. Anyway that’s my look on it, no offence or malis meant to anyone. This is a great forum that is generally very informative, and the people on here are helpful, generally polite

http://www.tridenttrains.co.uk/search.php?keyword=newitems

http://www.scalerail.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=10_12&sort=pd.name&order=DESC&limit=50

These guys have it at £135, cheapest I could find. Even Rails have upped their price, I guess they got the wrong invoice too. Just for comparison and for those that may not be able to afford it just yet the below has some at inflated prices compared to most other retailers, I have a feeling these may be about longer than those selling at less than RRP.

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Bachmann-diesel/Bachmann-class-66/Bachmann-class-66-options-in-gbrf-livery-2/Bachmann-32-983-class-66-7-66779-evening-star-in-br-green-with-gbrf-branding-livery/

Not trying to cause trouble or irritation, just pointing out that irrespective of the RRP there is still mass variations in price out there.

I get that the traders have a business to run and profit to make, I think sometimes too many concentrate on a particular model rather than the full stock as a whole. Just a quick search earlier today looking for a GBRF 66, DB 67, Colas 70, DRS 68, RR 122 and DRS 47 I found each to be cheaper separately from individual shops. I had expected to get at least two from the same shop but no, the shop which had the cheapest 70 also had the most expensive 67 so just goes to show it not all about making as cheap as possible to get rid of all the stock.

Having said all that I can see why it’s easy to get frustrated given the forum generates much rumour, usually individual opinions pushed on the general population. Anyway that’s my look on it, no offence or malis meant to anyone. This is a great forum that is generally very informative, and the people on here are helpful, generally polite

No need to apologise, oh wait, no you haven't.

I think you accused shops of price fixing by saying only Ian Allen had then lower than around the £145 mark, everyone else was at the mark. You now state that you have found one at £135, which you implied I had made up. I think you may have found judging by your comment of "mass variations in price out there" that there are lots of varying prices.

Just to clarify and prove that retailers really are 24/7. The one below £120 turns out to be an N Gauge pre-order. Always have to check prices and information given.

I too was not trying to cause any problems just pointing out to fellow retailers that there had been a problem with the price provided by different means from Bachmann.

• RMweb Premium

No need to apologise, oh wait, no you haven't.

I think you accused shops of price fixing by saying only Ian Allen had then lower than around the £145 mark, everyone else was at the mark. You now state that you have found one at £135, which you implied I had made up. I think you may have found judging by your comment of "mass variations in price out there" that there are lots of varying prices.

Just to clarify and prove that retailers really are 24/7. The one below £120 turns out to be an N Gauge pre-order. Always have to check prices and information given.

I too was not trying to cause any problems just pointing out to fellow retailers that there had been a problem with the price provided by different means from Bachmann.

Hi buddy, appreciate it’s early hours etc but I think you have got me confused with the chap you was originally in conversation with

If you are capable of removing the unwanted digits then removing the unwanted printed nameplate should be easy.

Oh really?  I hadn't thought of that...  *rolls eyes*  :toclue:

The key word is "should".  If you have ever removed printed nameplates you will already know that some remove very easily while others can be as stubborn as anything, quite often taking the paint underneath with them.

Edited by YesTor

Hi buddy, appreciate it’s early hours etc but I think you have got me confused with the chap you was originally in conversation with

Oops, still working he had a 2 in his sig. I see Bachmann are not the only people who are a bit confused this weekend. It is my turn to apologise. Should I carry on doing my spreadsheets or get a coffee and then carry on?

Sorry, especially as you proved my point.

Coffee it is....

• RMweb Premium

No need buddy, It’s stupid o’clock, coffee is always a good bet. Without trying to hijack this tread always from the Shed, would you be taking pre orders for the Colas 67 & 70? If you’ll be stocking them of course.

No need buddy, It’s stupid o’clock, coffee is always a good bet. Without trying to hijack this tread always from the Shed, would you be taking pre orders for the Colas 67 & 70? If you’ll be stocking them of course.

Hi, need to check my pre-orders tomorrow when I'm supervised by an appropriate adult. We will be stocking both. Can I get back to youi by PM?

Wow what a lot of twisted knickers here!

Facts? Bachmann revise their pricing yearly (occionally more frequently if a product leaves China with an increased price). The 2017 Recommended Retail Price aka RRP was £159.95. This increased in 2018 to £169.95. Set by Bachmann is an agreement with ALL retailers that they can provide a discount on Bachmann stock by 15% for the first 8 weeks of release, after which any price can be charged. In 2017 this saw retailers charging between £135.96 and RRP, in 2018 this has increased to £144.96 to RRP. This agreement is pretty standard across all retail. Certainly not price fixing, but creating a fairer market and highlighting smaller business, against the likes of Hattons and Rails.

OT, the RRP now recommended for the class 66, has made me decide 66779 shall be ironically my last 66. Until we have a re-tooled chassis in line with ESU’s superb HO 66. I can not justify top dollar for a medium quality chassis.

My retailer, has revised the price to the 2018 listed RRP, but as always, charges me the price I pre-ordered at. This has kept my business with them for years. And I always pre-order immediately to secure the best price, though many items often are reduced after the 8 week period, especially if not a popular livery. I usually buy a second!

Back to the thread title, blimey it is a nice livery finish. I am especially impressed with the etched plates, using the macro filter in my camera you can read the naming information!

No need to be impertinent. That photo in #64 is blurred and from the front only.

I wasn’t being impertinent, I was being sarcastic.

With had lots of you describing how you think the pricing is a conspiracy worthy of some unholy alliance maybe involving the secret service, and now you want a picture ?

Buy it or don’t.....

Yeah, but conversely if you want to renumber a named loco to an unnamed example then you are faced with the task of removing the unwanted printed plate.

True, but you can't really renumber 66779 Evening Star as it is only the one carrying this livery and some sort of indication where the plates go would be helpful because you could easily put them in the wrong place.

It looks like Bachmann are cutting out printed nameplates because the weathered blue GBRF version is also missing them. I hope they don't kept on leaving printed nameplates out on models because it is harder to fit etched versions on and to make sure that they look right.

It is not possible to print the fine detail required for a nameplate printing on to the side of a Class 66 as they have ribbed sides. This has long been the case with Class 66 named locomotives going back to ‘Ruby’ produced for the Bachmann Collectors Club some years ago. Etched plates are provided in the box.

Dennis Lovett

Public Relations Manager