66779 then Bachmann ?

ronnie thommo

Not sure what all the fuss is about but we have put together a package and are considering putting it on Ebay at a hugely inflated price. Wife reckons if it sells we could be in for some foreign travel. Maybe as far as Wales. What do you think?

I would say that bell on top of the box looks more prototypical than the one supplied by Locomotion and sold by Rails :jester:

Just a thought but I wonder if a suitable bell could be found from a model boat supplier. I’ve not looked but if not looks like Rails is the option.

Thanks

Mark

I think so.

But it maybe worth looking at the USA manufacturers. I got a fantastic brass bell for Royal Scot that was meant for an American locomotive. Bought on eBay about five years ago. Looks much better than the Airfix one it replaced.

Look in the HO section on eBay.

Jason

Has anyone ordered the bells from Rails?

I can’t find them anywhere on their website.

Yes you're right it has been removed from their website, it was there yesterday.

Maybe it's been withdrawn based on the fact it doesn't look anything like the bell on the prototype or maybe it's just a glitch on their website and will return in due course.

• Like 1

Interestingly other major retailers have them in stock in healthy numbers as well. The bells must've promoted sales for them or they've removed for some reason, maybe they're fitting the bells and will relist the rest that way... Rails do alter sometimes.

Managed to get one at the lower price before the issue had been seen. Cracking looking model though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I bought the model at Doncaster with the bell, but, as yet, I haven't actually seen the prototype. Does it have the bell fixed in service or is that just an NRM thing?

Photo websites are your friend.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=66779

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium