The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Beautiful / good looking cars

Rugd1022

• RMweb Gold

Interestingly the white metro is still shown as 1275 and has not been on the road since 87.

I'm sure it's a 1500 mind Austin rover did mess around with all sorts of cars on the road and some got sold.

I have an MGf which was a prototype for the 2000 model, it has a lot of features which never saw production, it's shown as being registered 1/1/00 but I think it was built in 1998

Alfa have a knack for making cars which are near breathtakingly beautiful (admittedly, there are some exceptions (Alfa Arna)).

155 Series 2 'Wide-Body' (possibly the best 'wedge' car ever designed...):

attachicon.gifIMG_20160706_195255 - 1.jpg

Regards,

Matt

The 155 is not conventionally pretty, though the widebody cars look so much better than the original skinny versions.

Colour is very subjective on 155's too, with some rather nasty beige and green hues being available (and strangely popular on alfa155.org !)

Here is my old Prugna (metallic purple) widebody alongside the rosso GTV I perhaps foolishly traded it in for :sungum:

108_0870_zpstkm4plof.jpg

108_0869_zps94igouox.jpg

ive had a gtv and 156, loved both of them

Picture028.jpg

also quite liked the looks of my hyundai coupe by the time i finished modifying it, big wheels, spoiler, lowered etc

DSCF0006.jpg

Looks well looked after Jim, although I find the interiors on these a bit of a let down...the alloys suit well, look very much like something from Kahn design?

• RMweb Gold

Interestingly the white metro is still shown as 1275 and has not been on the road since 87.

I'm sure it's a 1500 mind Austin rover did mess around with all sorts of cars on the road and some got sold.

I have an MGf which was a prototype for the 2000 model, it has a lot of features which never saw production, it's shown as being registered 1/1/00 but I think it was built in 1998

The bumph on the window says it's a 1500 and the engine is definatly a 6 cyl, as you say it was Alec issigonis last project before leaving BL (or whatever they were that week)

• RMweb Gold

The bumph on the window says it's a 1500 and the engine is definatly a 6 cyl, as you say it was Alec issigonis last project before leaving BL (or whatever they were that week)

I'd love to drive it, I wonder what it sounds like

• RMweb Gold

Looks well looked after Jim, although I find the interiors on these a bit of a let down...the alloys suit well, look very much like something from Kahn design?

The wheels were 18" BKs, it was also lowered 50mm or so, the spoiler was updated too, taller than standard, I tried to keep it understated rather than garish, it's the 2.7 V6 version (running on lpg)

• RMweb Premium

They're far from being fancy Ferraris or from a posh Germanic brand but I do have a thing for the design of the humble Ford!

Here's my garish duo, the tax and fuel consumption is shocking but they're pretty to look at!

post-6896-0-18973100-1468186536_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Ford do like those vile bright colours, don't they? I seem to remember one of my brother-in-laws Capris being a similar shade of green

Was Raquel Turner your sister?

Whilst on the topic of Fords.....they did [i think?] 2 styling exercises to 'break the mould' back in the late 1990's...one of which was the Puma.

Which has to be the very nicest looking Ford ever?

On top of that, the dynamics were/are superb!

A very good looking car?

ford-puma-1.jpg

http://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/ford/ford-puma/

My last Ex went mad, and bought a late model, very low mileage example.....[a 1.7 litre].....a case of 'heart' ruling 'head', initially..although I suspect it will provide excellent service for her.   Not a lot of room in the rear seats, but my daughter is rather small, anyway.....much to her disgust...[at age 18, her thoughts were....''Is that it? Is that as big as I'm gonna get?'']......

My Ex does,however, provide endless disappointment for all the boy racers that abound......when eventually they happen to get alongside, to find the Puma being driven b a lady in her fifties!!   :)

Not all too famous, not exactly successful against some very tough competition, and very much subjective to the observer. The Lola Aston Martin DBR1-2. To me, one of the prettiest Le Mans cars of the modern era.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/car/4024/Lola-Aston-Martin-B09-60-32131.jpg

I was very lucky to witness this car race a few times at Silverstone. The wondrous Petrol V12 that was in the back could be heard on the other side of the circuit, such was the distinctive note. IIRC, this car was the last prototype to use a Petrol V12 for Le Mans competition...

Regards,
Matt

Whilst on the topic of Fords.....they did [i think?] 2 styling exercises to 'break the mould' back in the late 1990's...one of which was the Puma.

Which has to be the very nicest looking Ford ever?

On top of that, the dynamics were/are superb!

A very good looking car?

ford-puma-1.jpg

http://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/ford/ford-puma/

My last Ex went mad, and bought a late model, very low mileage example.....[a 1.7 litre].....a case of 'heart' ruling 'head', initially..although I suspect it will provide excellent service for her.   Not a lot of room in the rear seats, but my daughter is rather small, anyway.....much to her disgust...[at age 18, her thoughts were....''Is that it? Is that as big as I'm gonna get?'']......

My Ex does,however, provide endless disappointment for all the boy racers that abound......when eventually they happen to get alongside, to find the Puma being driven b a lady in her fifties!!   :)

there was  a 4x4 cosworth powered one of these doing the tarmac rally championships around the millennium was a bit of a beast  

Archived