Silly question pardon my ignorance

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance but is anyone able to clarify the meaning of this green icon which shows the letters DCC on my ECoS controller please...

post-20303-0-78239200-1468749641_thumb.jpeg

I've searched the manual but cannot find a description regarding its meaning

Thank you

Yours

B.Fuddled

Today you are just using 'D'. This may limit some functionality.

Ahh! I CC Stu, but that doesn't answer my question fully !

While I don't own one. Reading the manual seems to indicate on page 16 it is a Status indicator.  Item K seems to be the it?

Question... Does the green move more to the right with more locos being run. Wondering of its a basic current power indicator when green??

While I don't own one. Reading the manual seems to indicate on page 16 it is a Status indicator.  Item K seems to be the it?

Question... Does the green move more to the right with more locos being run. Wondering of its a basic current power indicator when green??

Hi Brian,

You're correct about item K but I can't seem to find a specific answer there.

I haven't noticed, yet, if the green status moves any further when more locos are placed on the track, might be worth trying. Further to which there is another separate icon which shows the amount of power being drawn when the unit is in operation.

• RMweb Gold

Hee hee

Daft Coupling Connections apart...

That's the Railcom indicator ... it only illuminates when ECoS detects that you have a railcom enabled chip fitted loco on the track...ECoS will detect this loco automatically for you. ESU v4 chips, don't know about other manufacturers

Cheers

Phil

I'm not sure, I'll have to go and check mine, in "The Locoshed" ie: the loft, but the boss says I should be outside mowing or something!

Seriously though, I think it's something to do with having RailCom selected as on, and that icon looks for DCC equipped locos.

You could try deselecting RailCom, and see if it disappears !

Oops! Me and Phil answered at the same time, OK, so RailCom it is!

And yes, it also detects Zimo decoders as well!

Regards,

Alan.

Hee hee

Daft Coupling Connections apart...

That's the Railcom indicator ... it only illuminates when ECoS detects that you have a railcom enabled chip fitted loco on the track...ECoS will detect this loco automatically for you. ESU v4 chips, don't know about other manufacturers

Cheers

Phil

I'm not sure, I'll have to go and check mine, in "The Locoshed" ie: the loft, but the boss says I should be outside mowing or something!

Seriously though, I think it's something to do with having RailCom selected as on, and that icon looks for DCC equipped locos.

You could try deselecting RailCom, and see if it disappears !

Oops! Me and Phil answered at the same time, OK, so RailCom it is!

And yes, it also detects Zimo decoders as well!

Regards,

Alan.

Phil & Alan,

As Homer Simpson would say DOOH!Yep just realised I put a Plux22 chip in a new loco on Friday and it's Railcom enabled so there's the answer.Thank you all for your input much appreciated..... Now where did I put that hat with the electrodes ? Nurse !!!

post-20303-0-88108200-1468771091.jpeg

Yours

D.Aftbugger

But what does it actually tell you about the loco?

Just indicating a Railcom loco is connected doesn't seem to add much - given that you would normally know that already.

What happens when two or more such locos are there? Does it light up additional characters, one at a time?

Such icons are rather pointless unless it is blindingly obvious what information they are meant to convey - and this one certainly isn't at all obvious.

• RMweb Premium

Phil & Alan,

As Homer Simpson would say DOOH!Yep just realised I put a Plux22 chip in a new loco on Friday and it's Railcom enabled so there's the answer.Thank you all for your input much appreciated..... Now where did I put that hat with the electrodes ? Nurse !!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yours

D.Aftbugger

That is a very spooky picture as it looks very like me last week just before going under the knife................................as for your control thingy is it some sort of level of power available? I have no idea what I'm doing on this thread......................

Phil

That is a very spooky picture as it looks very like me last week just before going under the knife................................as for your control thingy is it some sort of level of power available? I have no idea what I'm doing on this thread......................

Phil

Philth, that's what I normally wear when I'm playing trains !

As for the icons on the unit, there is another one which shows the power status of the layout when you tap it.

As for no idea, that's why I'm here too !

So lets get this straight for I am a mere Power Cab user. You can plug your cap into this ECoS Thingy Ma Jig and then control your trains by simple thought processes alone? 
AND it also brews ale? I didn't things things had progressed so far in the DCC world. I must be out of touch.

P

Considering getting one and breaking my Rechabite vows if it brews and dispenses ale!

• RMweb Premium

So lets get this straight for I am a mere Power Cab user. You can plug your cap into this ECoS Thingy Ma Jig and then control your trains by simple thought processes alone? 

AND it also brews ale? I didn't things things had progressed so far in the DCC world. I must be out of touch.

P

Considering getting one and breaking my Rechabite vows if it brews and dispenses ale!

Ah Power cab. Simplicity exemplified but a bit of a faff.........................I love it as it is very simple like moi.

Philth

Ah Power cab. Simplicity exemplified but a bit of a faff

PowerCab for driving: Sprog & JMRI for programming. That the easy way for this simpleton.

I love it as it is very simple like moi.

I suspect we're from the same batch of eggs.

P

(Forget this head control magumba) Caps went out with Ecky Thump for me.

PowerCab for driving: Sprog & JMRI for programming. That the easy way for this simpleton.

I suspect we're from the same batch of eggs.

P

(Forget this head control magumba) Caps went out with Ecky Thump for me.

I just knew my thread would lead to summat like this :)) LOL

YOU started it. Nowt like a bit of I'll tempered discussion on a forum with folk slagging each other oft and slinging profanities at each other.

It'll end up getting locked.

EEeee cos why?

• RMweb Premium

OK totally irrelevant but  even the MRJ thread has broken out in handbags (Ref Edition 248 I believe) Andy had to send in the Dogs and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Does the ECoS controller thingy have a light for which gauge of rail is in use ? Or whether the rail is FB or BH ?

Yup. A very bright red flashing one with a huge claxon as well and then after a few seconds it just destroys itself like the tape machine in Mission Impossible (the original TV ones not the P4 Flatbottom Film ones). Quite disturbing to witness.

Shouldyou Acceptit.

Yee ha. Controller wars. Brought to you by the bash Street Kids.

ECoS. The controller that goes into meltdown at the slightest hint of OO-FS finscale.[sic}.

Will it start telling you, "You don't wanna do it like that".

Does the ECoS controller thingy have a light for which gauge of rail is in use ? Or whether the rail is FB or BH ?

It might be useful for the Marahajas Railway Stu wink wink know what I mean !

YOU started it. Nowt like a bit of I'll tempered discussion on a forum with folk slagging each other oft and slinging profanities at each other.

It'll end up getting locked.

EEeee cos why?

Why me ? :)

Archived