Minerva To Announce New 0 Gauge Model at Guildex 2016

81A Oldoak

Whilst a GWR pannier is not of the slightest interest to me (surprise, surprise) I do think it's a good choice for Minerva. I expect they will have no problem selling all they can make at the price at which they are offering it. In fact, based on past performance, I wouldn't be surprised if Minerva have sold all their production before Dapol's hits the shelves (if it ever does). I don't think any of us would still be waiting for Dapol's 08 if Minerva had "done" one.

As far as competition is concerned in most activities it is considered a good thing.

Chaz

I have absolutely no use for a pannier, as it's the wrong era and the wrong company for me.

Unfortunately though I like panniers, and so will probably end up buying one; it can always run when nobody is watching. If I do buy, then Minerva will get my 'vote'.

• RMweb Gold

I hate those price wars, I feel like I've really lost out if I can't pay full price!!!

Oh heads up to Minerva, inspiration here for a new special offer .... BOFTPOT - Buy one for the price of two!  I'm sure the accountants would like that, and your breakeven point has just halved! :)  Hehe  - Jovial sarcasm mode off :) 

• RMweb Gold

I was all fired up to go for a Dapol 57xx, and be prepared for a long wait.

However, the flash to bang time with Minerva, who have got a proven track record for a quality product, will be far less, and will get both my vote and more importantly, my cash.

I don't really understand why manufacturers don't compare notes before doing costly research and then announcing duplicate models. How many more would get into O gauge if you could buy an rtr Pannier AND a 14xx? Everyone would benefit from the expanding market for cheap but good quality rtr.

Might just have something to do with the fact that it would probably be deemed illegal.

I don't really understand why manufacturers don't compare notes before doing costly research and then announcing duplicate models. How many more would get into O gauge if you could buy an rtr Pannier AND a 14xx? Everyone would benefit from the expanding market for cheap but good quality rtr.

I think that is a great idea but probably very naive of businesses practices, commercial risk and confidentiality etc. I'm no expert at all but I cannot imagine any manufacturer would share their secrets in this manner (although I'll happily be proved otherwise!)

Chapter 1 of the UK Competition Act 1998 answers the questions about collusion between businesses. In essence, restrictive practices engaged by companies operating within the UK that distort, restrict or prevent competition are unlawful. These are primarily in the form of horizontal agreements (agreements to collude between firms on the same level of the supply chain such as retailers or wholesalers). These agreements could be to limit output, collusively share information, fix prices, tender collectively and share markets out. Hopefully, this clears up the matter.

• RMweb Gold

I really ought to stop looking at this thread and avoid the Reading trade show otherwise I might make a major error and go for something which could readily became a steam brake only engine (thus no need to buy any coaches).  I can think of someone else who might find one of those useful - plenty of 'em in South Wales ;)

• RMweb Gold

I really ought to stop looking at this thread and avoid the Reading trade show otherwise I might make a major error and go for something which could readily became a steam brake only engine (thus no need to buy any coaches).  I can think of someone else who might find one of those useful - plenty of 'em in South Wales ;)

I'm having to move my railway location to west Wales in order to avoid having to start grovelling for a 56xx, and not having to commit grant larceny in order to get one of Chris Basten's rebuilt ex TVR A class.

I would concure with the request for a 14/58xx.

Much like the 'olden' days of the 1950s and 1960s when you could get most anything as long as it was GWR... :sclerosis:

Almost anything? What about all the pre WW1 panniers and saddle tanks, 517s, Metros etc.? At least it discourages me from thinking of spending money!

• RMweb Gold

Good luck guys with your venture, perhaps we can get you to consider something like an Ivatt 2MT 2-6-2T as they appeared on the Southern, Western, London Midland, Eastern and North Eastern Regions. Or better still although if going for the outside valve gear anyway, perhaps a Standard 4MT then all regions are covered. Also they worked on mainlines and branches (oh the restrictions of 7mm and space) and money of course. Downside is for the Standard of course as the era is only1952 to 1967, but the Ivatt slips in with last five minutes of LMS days too.

Rumours of the Richard Webster/Lionheart 82xxx 3MT Standard tank were raised a while ago, whether it is shelved or will now arise as a Dapol product who knows, but once again a wide distribution.

Otherwise who will go for a Black Five in a quality RTR form and with a low price to make it attractive, lots of variations to cater for as later batches too...

Personally I would like some RTR coaches for the Terriers, but I suspect I will have along wait or at least until the moment I commit to purchasing suitable kits and they will be announced everywhere.

Ho hum

Once again good luck with your projects we all await your completed results.

Kevin

Not more Great Western Rubbish!!!

Nope - it's a great model of a great Great Western engine!! :P :D & I have sent Minerva a message via their website to thank them & signal my intent to pre-order one a.s.a.p.

Of course for MY absolute favourite loco, I still await a decent 1:48th Scale EMD GP38-2 from someone/anyone; in the meantime this will have to do... ;)

I believe Richard will continue to produce his 'brass' range under the Lionheart label.

Ray.

I spoke to Richard at Telford over the weekend and he confirmed that the 82xxx 3MT is under development - as part of his '5 axle/10 wheel' programme. The first loco will be the 45xx/4575 with the same body as his original small prairie, but with a cast chassis and it is this style of chassis that will be developed for other locos in the range. The 45xx/4575 should be out end Q3 next year, to be followed by the 82xxx the following year and possibly the Ivatt LMS 2-6-2t after that.

cheers

Mike

Good luck guys with your venture, perhaps we can get you to consider something like an Ivatt 2MT 2-6-2T as they appeared on the Southern, Western, London Midland, Eastern and North Eastern Regions. Or better still although if going for the outside valve gear anyway, perhaps a Standard 4MT then all regions are covered. Also they worked on mainlines and branches (oh the restrictions of 7mm and space) and money of course. Downside is for the Standard of course as the era is only1952 to 1967, but the Ivatt slips in with last five minutes of LMS days too.

Rumours of the Richard Webster/Lionheart 82xxx 3MT Standard tank were raised a while ago, whether it is shelved or will now arise as a Dapol product who knows, but once again a wide distribution.

Otherwise who will go for a Black Five in a quality RTR form and with a low price to make it attractive, lots of variations to cater for as later batches too...

Personally I would like some RTR coaches for the Terriers, but I suspect I will have along wait or at least until the moment I commit to purchasing suitable kits and they will be announced everywhere.

Ho hum

Once again good luck with your projects we all await your completed results.

Kevin

We are looking at doing some LBSCR coaches next year and they will be available as RTR on request. Hope that is of some help.

Marc

I'd have expected a 56xx if it had to be GWR and south Wales.

Personally I'm hugely frustrated with this GWR myopia, but I know others won't agree.

Peter

I agree entirely. I've never seen the fascination with the Great Western. Over rated, over modelled!

While reviewing my copious amounts of modelling paperwork I found a flyer/order form from Minerva [Pecket e] and saw a request for what their next model should be?

It said Loco, carriage, wagon etc so how about while the next loco is happening a suitable r-t-r wagon be offered too. No specific choice but something for chemicals, oil, milk and yes coal/stone would be nice. Maybe even a low-loader or engineers wagon would be good.

Best

How about a nice B.R. standard 8T/12T Cattle Wagon (like Airfix used to make in 00) which were seen all over the country throughout the 50's and 60's?  AFAIK there has never even been a kit for one in any material so I'm sure it would sell well.  I know Skytrex made an RTR one for a short time but it had an incorrect wheelbase, 10' not 12'.

Cheers,

Raypost-23517-0-89328200-1473207833_thumb.jpg

Guest Isambarduk

"I imagine that a 14xx would be next on the Agenda for a manufacturer somewhere."

Yes, I am sure that is because ... like the Hudswell Clarke, the Fowler diesel and the 57xx, I already have one that I built from a kit/scratch!  David

Archived