Minerva GWR Pannier Tank - open for advanced orders

81A Oldoak

Could it be made available as a separate item I wonder? Could be very useful for kit bashing...

We haven't planned to. I'll discuss the suggestion with Chris B and the factory. I suspect it would have to be supplied as a bag of unpainted parts.

• Like 2

Rule 1 is "it's my railway..."

Rule 2 is that N, the number of locomotives required to run a railway is give by the equation N=n+1, where "n" is the number of locomotives you currently have.

Rule 3 is that it is impossible to have too many panniers.

Hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Best

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

We have been sent these photos of the decorated sample of the Great Western version of the 8750PT taken in the factory. Please note that the loose supplied tool boxes, steps, pipes etc have not been fitted and the buffers and coupling rods will be blackened on production versions. Full production has been authorised and the price of the DC version is £265 + £9 carriage including VAT. Advanced orders for the 57XX qualify for a £40 discount until 30th June 2017 for the welded tank version and 30th September 2017 for the riveted version. Details about the DCC options and how to order are on the Minerva website at https://www.minervam...k/how-to-order/

post-13142-0-31221100-1497963271_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-99454600-1497963273_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-62858700-1497963276_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-76167200-1497963278_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

A 57xx is too heavy for a light railway in mid Wales. A 16xx on the other hand.... wouldn't need one, but would have one!

Cheers,

Andrew

A 16XX is just a 57Xx that's been on a bit of a diet. I'm sure a 57Xx will be OK on your light railway, if you ask it to hold it's tummy in for the photos.

• 2 weeks later...

The 8750 brake hangers look like they are set at the 57xx brake hanger angle. (I assume a decision has been made to keep the chassis identical.)

Never noticed that they were different before.  Just goes to show that one can learn something new every day! Thanks Miss P.

Ray.

• RMweb Gold

Casual enquiry, no pressure of any kind, but are the 8750s likely to be on sale (or advance orders available for personal collection) at RailWells in August, please?

It's not that important, so no pressure (did I already say that?).

• RMweb Premium

Casual enquiry, no pressure of any kind, but are the 8750s likely to be on sale (or advance orders available for personal collection) at RailWells in August, please?

It's not that important, so no pressure (did I already say that?).

You haven't mention curry night...

• RMweb Premium

A 57xx is too heavy for a light railway in mid Wales. A 16xx on the other hand.... wouldn't need one, but would have one!

Cheers,

Andrew

Depends on your light railway; some had decent track, others something more primitive. The Aberaeron line, for example, was built with solid track and foundations. "Light Railway" was more to do with cost savings on the infrastructure, e.g. ungated level crossings.

First, the not so good news
We have been notified of a small production problem by the factory during the assembly of the first batch of 8750 Panniers and rather than rush to get models to us as promised this month, we have agreed with them that they will leave around the 16th August. We sincerely apologise for not making our expected delivery date, but we take the view that it is better to wait a short while and ensure that our 8750s are all made to the highest standard possible, rather than offer a product that may give concern, even in a tiny way. We now expect the 8750 to arrive around the middle of August, and will start shipping the DC models within two days of arrival, allowing us a short time to check each model before posting. DCC and DCC sound fitted models will be despatched to customers at or around the end of August.

Next the good news
We have been working on our next project for some months now and have already approved decorated samples. We will announce our next models at the Gauge 0 Guild show at Telford on the 2nd September, but you won’t have to wait months for them. It will be merely weeks as we expect to have the first of the new models on sale in October this year.
Sorry we can’t say more yet, but we really want it to be a surprise.....

Regards,

Chris B  and Chris K

post-13142-0-29624400-1499856699_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-38823900-1499856989.jpg

• Like 5

First, the not so good news

We have been notified of a small production problem by the factory during the assembly of the first batch of 8750 Panniers and rather than rush to get models to us as promised this month, we have agreed with them that they will leave around the 16th August. We sincerely apologise for not making our expected delivery date, but we take the view that it is better to wait a short while and ensure that our 8750s are all made to the highest standard possible, rather than offer a product that may give concern, even in a tiny way. We now expect the 8750 to arrive around the middle of August, and will start shipping the DC models within two days of arrival, allowing us a short time to check each model before posting. DCC and DCC sound fitted models will be despatched to customers at or around the end of August.

Next the good news

We have been working on our next project for some months now and have already approved decorated samples. We will announce our next models at the Gauge 0 Guild show at Telford on the 2nd September, but you won’t have to wait months for them. It will be merely weeks as we expect to have the first of the new models on sale in October this year.

Sorry we can’t say more yet, but we really want it to be a surprise.....

Regards,

Chris B  and Chris K

Thanks for the update Chris, these things happen, it's not the end of the world, your lead-in times are certainly quicker than most, including any delays you may have ;)

As for the new announcement, don't tell me it's a 2251!!!!!  :imsohappy:  :yes:  :yes:  ;)

Jinty ;)

I'm just wondering if any decision had been made to produce a suitable London Transport model yet?

I'd like to order the two Dapol are offering, but if you guys are also doing one/two then I would order with you instead to be honest.

The only worry I'd have is how we (as the customer) would apply the LT numbering, ideally you would print them and produce a model with pre defined identity vice the custom non numbered with the confirmed batches.

• 3 weeks later...

We now expect the 8750 to arrive around the middle of August, and will start shipping the DC models within two days of arrival, allowing us a short time to check each model before posting.

Just an enquiry, if it would be possible to collect from Telford Guildex?