Waggon und Maschinenbau railbus

JZ

The October issue (148) of the Great Eastern Railway Society Journal has a nice colour cover photo of E79962 at Cambridge Station being hauled by experimental blue livery Brush type 2 D5578 in 1958, after failing on the Mildenhall branch.

Regards

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Does that mean that they will be here in 20 minutes?

Probably not, but someone may show us aerial and satellite imagery of trucks unloading at supermarkets in support of claims for their existence. Then, search as we might, we will never find any of them... :scratchhead:

Nick

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just bought a super book with the best collection of photos & data on the BR railbuses:

'BR 1st generation diesel railbuses' by Evan Green-Hughes, pub Ian Allen and from Booklaw it was £15.30.

Will anyone do a 7mm scale kit for the AC cars bus? It was the shortest and with parallel sides probably the most straightforward to model. Just remember the originals on the Beith branch before it closed in 1962...

Just bought a super book with the best collection of photos & data on the BR railbuses:

'BR 1st generation diesel railbuses' by Evan Green-Hughes, pub Ian Allen and from Booklaw it was £15.30.

Existing thread ;):

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/47526-br-first-generation-diesel-railbuses/

Will anyone do a 7mm scale kit for the AC cars bus? It was the shortest and with parallel sides probably the most straightforward to model. Just remember the originals on the Beith branch before it closed in 1962...

Too late for you, but it may help others, I just got mine and the same author's lightweight DMU book together for pennies over £20 from Amazon - P&P included.

Sorry,

John Isherwood.

There was a 7mm kit done and I built one from Red Rose Models I believe it had on the box. I got rid of it a while ago and did not even take any pictures.

Brian

The Heljan website now has a new advert showing all 4 W&M railbuses as in stock at Heljan. 8701 is shown as sold out at Heljan, so people will need to be quick to get this one (E79962, Dark Green).

Looking forward to receiving the one that I have on order.

A Heljan advert in the latest 'Model Rail' shows the W&M railbuses as being 'available', but they aren't yet available from the handful of model shop websites I just checked. This probably means they are being distributed as we speak :) :) :)

Sorry about that, I don't often indulge in so many smiley faces but I never thought I'd see the day these contraptions were produced in RTR model form :)

• Like 1

Paying list price is never great but couldn't resist.

Model looks great. It is extremely heavy. Both wheels are driven. It does not look suitable for em / P4 conversion if simply pulling Heljan wheelsets as the chassis block cut outs are not wide enough. It may be OK if a narrow profile tyre was used as a drop in replacement otherwise its a full strip down and milling job. Not had chance to run yet.

• Like 1

Heljan are selling them at the SECC ModelRail Scotland show. Just picked up E79962 in dark green with whiskers for £114.95.

What a gorgeous model.

I must say they looked very nice. Rather ironic that Heljan premiered them at an exhibition in Scotland, given they were the only make of railbus that didn't run here :rolleyes: .

Jeremy

Edited by JeremyC