Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

Hi Andy

Sorry to here about your water troubles. It doesn't surprise me with the amount of rain we've had over the last couple of days. It's been horrendous. Hope you manage to find the source of the leak soon. The rains been driving at times so it's amazing where it will find its way in where it normally wouldn't.

Best of luck mate

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Guys, The Shed man is coming out tomorrow, but Lee has been around and we have taken off the panel next to the door and it's coming down inside there, from the bottom of the Window, so definitely curable but will take a few days to dry it all out before I can re build it and make a start on tidying up the Shed.post-9335-0-43859400-1479734607_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-67800600-1479734624_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-20836100-1479734643_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16629700-1479734659_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-79852100-1479734680_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys, The Shed man is coming out tomorrow, but Lee has been around and we have taken off the panel next to the door and it's coming down inside there, from the bottom of the Window, so definitely curable but will take a few days to dry it all out before I can re build it and make a start on tidying up the Shed.

At least this heavy rain has shown where the fault is, a pain I know, but far better than having a slight leak that may have gone undetected for a long time and eventually rotted out the floor.

Loadsa silicone should cure it :boast:

Copy from Beale St.

I've Silconed the outside of the Windows, I know it wont work properly in the Rain, but it has slowed down the amount of water coming in from there. I now have the same with the other front Window and under the Door,

I will probably have to stay in the Shed overnight to stop the water on the Floor spreading and causing more dampness.

It's looking like I will need to Rent a Storage Unit and empty the Shed, and replace some flooring, the problem there is that the Flooring is a main part of the Shed and therefore the inside skin of Ply and insulation will need to come off before I can lift the Floor.

I'm not in a good place at the moment, to say I'm a little STRESSED would be an understatement.

Hi Andy,

Glad you know where its coming from. I have similar in my garage for the first time in six years its letting water through the back wall, its built into the garden. Not a problem normally as when built the specs where for it not to be totally waterproof. One slight issue I need it to dry a bit by Friday as thats when we move out. I dont want the new owner to trying having a go at me because of the leak. 

By the way No Model Railway was damaged in this event. The new house has two potential railway locations instead.

Keith HC

• RMweb Premium

Take care with the lectrickery Andy.

Do indeed.  I found out in the most exhilarating way that soaked wood can conduct electricity - in my case from a light pendant in my hallway, via soaked bathroom floorboards (from a WC leak), via me :O,  into a bath full of water I was stirring :danced:, which acted as the earth.

So do be careful touching the sockets on that wall!

Cheers

Chris

Don't let it get to you Andy, your health is more important than the shed.

Well said! And that's a second from me. Thank the Lord pencarne isn't in there taking a battering. This is a trying time for you but with the rate you work, if it's going to happen at all I'm pleased for you that it's whilst you're at a relatively early stage and any harm will be pretty straightforward to rectify.

I wish you well with it mate.

Try not to let it get you down too much (easier said than done I know)

John

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to learn of the damage Andy.

If you can shut off power to the shed, do it.

Don't get stressed about it because everything can be fixed. Just take it in your stride mate, that's all you can do in these kind of situations.

Also I trust no railway stuff got damaged.

Regards Shaun

Sorry to learn of the damage Andy.

If you can shut off power to the shed, do it.

Don't get stressed about it because everything can be fixed. Just take it in your stride mate, that's all you can do in these kind of situations.

Also I trust no railway stuff got damaged.

Regards Shaun

Morning Guys, Woke up with a whole NEW ATTITUDE after seeing the News this morning.

I'm a LUCKY ONE, some poor people have lost homes, Cars and Pets etc. there the ones with the BIG PROBLEMS.

And THANKS again Guys for ALL your Support / Comments / Postings  and PM's,  both here and on Beale St.

• RMweb Gold

Morning Guys, Woke up with a whole NEW ATTITUDE after seeing the News this morning.

I'm a LUCKY ONE, some poor people have lost homes, Cars and Pets etc. there the ones with the BIG PROBLEMS.

Well said Andy. 

I am rather too far away to assist with your problem. However I would suggest that if you have the typical shed windows where a piece if Perspex is silicone in place I would consider using a bit of the plastic angle that B&Q etc. sell to place at the bottom of the window with the angle overhanging the front. The seal between this and the Perspex will be better than to the wood and the rain should drip off the plastic rather than soaking into the wood.

Don

Do 

Morning Andy

That really is quite bad. The rain over the last few days has been persistently heavy. Has it actually stopped raining since Sunday?

I think Dons solution above will be the best option. Also are the Windows sealed in with silicone or is there just a wooden bead holding them in. The only other option is change the Perspex for glass and use good old fashioned putty.

Hope your shed guys sort it out for you mate as it appears to be a bit of a design flaw.

I'll give you a call later when I'm at Shrewsbury.

Cheers

Marcus.

Morning Andy

That really is quite bad. The rain over the last few days has been persistently heavy. Has it actually stopped raining since Sunday?

I think Dons solution above will be the best option. Also are the Windows sealed in with silicone or is there just a wooden bead holding them in. The only other option is change the Perspex for glass and use good old fashioned putty.

Hope your shed guys sort it out for you mate as it appears to be a bit of a design flaw.

I'll give you a call later when I'm at Shrewsbury.

Cheers

Marcus.

Morning Marcus, The Windows are Glass and held in with a wooden beading, they were sealed when new 2 years ago. I have double Glazed with Perspex on the inside and that's not a problem. The Silicon that I put around the Glass when New has lifted in a couple of places and that looks like the problem.

Just one other thing Andy. If you go down the road of using a dehumidifier to get rid of any moisture just be careful. Those things, although very good, will suck the moisture out of everything. This can lead to timber shrinking and subsequently warping and all sorts.

I saw someone once use a dehumidifier to try and dry the plaster out in a newly plastered room. He left it on constantly for about a week and ended up cracking the plaster as it dried out to quickly.

Cheers

Marcus

Just one other thing Andy. If you go down the road of using a dehumidifier to get rid of any moisture just be careful. Those things, although very good, will suck the moisture out of everything. This can lead to timber shrinking and subsequently warping and all sorts.

I saw someone once use a dehumidifier to try and dry the plaster out in a newly plastered room. He left it on constantly for about a week and ended up cracking the plaster as it dried out to quickly.

Cheers

Marcus

I do have a Caravan one (Crystals in a Container and it's brilliant)  but it's drying O.K.

STOP PRESS...........IT'S JUST STARTED RAINIG HEAVEY AGAIN,     I'm off outside.

• RMweb Premium

I do have a Caravan one (Crystals in a Container and it's brilliant) but it's drying O.K.

STOP PRESS...........IT'S JUST STARTED RAINIG HEAVEY AGAIN, I'm off outside.

I hope Andy has not been washed away, he's been gone a long time

Archived