Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

To counter the rush to 0 gauge, there will probably be a counter revolution of track relaying now that Pecos' 00 bullhead track and points have been sighted on the good ship Warley....

I cant see the difference from 3ft away, and as I have a WHOLE box of 100 and another of 75  and another of used SMP 75 Oh and a Box and a half of O Gauge, I think I have enough Track to sell some to THE WARLEY WANDERERS. :locomotive:  :mail:

From the safety of your own front room........

Crocodile

post-18515-0-96362900-1480241649_thumb.jpeg

Alligator

post-18515-0-96878200-1480241660.jpeg

Both got far to many teeth for my liking...HaHa

Edit: The top one may resemble Andy when he finds out how far off topic we've gone again. I wonder if they like sausages.....

COAT ........

HAT.........

TAXIIIIIII........

• RMweb Gold

He promised a plan if you lot (us lot?) were good, and then didn't deliver on the plan. If you try to bribe children and then don't deliver, you have to be prepared for the backlash!!!

Hope I don't get banned from this thread too! Paul.

Evening Guys, Well no plan because the last page finished quicker than I thought it would, and anyway, the Shed is still a TIP. I cant start to re build until next week when the last bits are dried out and also the Insurance assessor has been around on Tuesday, (although I probably wont go down that route). I hope that towards the end of this week to have the Baseboard Tops clear of debris and then I can see the room in a fresh light again. I would still like to go around but need to get my head around how I would cope quickly enough should a flood or any form of water leak happen again. 

I will be back.

• RMweb Premium

Evening Guys, Well no plan because the last page finished quicker than I thought it would, and anyway, the Shed is still a TIP. I cant start to re build until next week when the last bits are dried out and also the Insurance assessor has been around on Tuesday, (although I probably wont go down that route). I hope that towards the end of this week to have the Baseboard Tops clear of debris and then I can see the room in a fresh light again. I would still like to go around but need to get my head around how I would cope quickly enough should a flood or any form of water leak happen again. 

I will be back.

Well, it shouldn't be too hard to fill another page with rubbish in the meantime.

• RMweb Premium

. . . I would still like to go around but need to get my head around how I would cope quickly enough should a flood or any form of water leak happen again. 

. . .

Andy

Is there anyway you could fit some form of drain into the floor of the shed to minimise water damage? Something like a shower tray drain might suffice especially if you could get Lee to let it into the wood slightly so that any lip was flush with the floor surface. A mesh on the underside should dissuade rodents and other uninvited guests from trying to access your layouts in your absence.

Andy

Is there anyway you could fit some form of drain into the floor of the shed to minimise water damage? Something like a shower tray drain might suffice especially if you could get Lee to let it into the wood slightly so that any lip was flush with the floor surface. A mesh on the underside should dissuade rodents and other uninvited guests from trying to access your layouts in your absence.

Thanks Ray, but definitely not, The water was coming in from the Window Frame and under the Door. I don't want damp on the wooden floor as that seeps back onto the walls and would just stay mouldy. I need to make sure the water is stopped from coming in in the first place.

It reminds me of when I was an apprentice Mechanic, and the BMC Mini's had water leaks from the door seals into the front foot wells, BMC Mod was to drill a 1/4'' hole in the floor, hit it with a big hammer to put a dent in the floor to let the water out :no:  the carpets still got soaked and smelly. :O .

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Ray, but definitely not, The water was coming in from the Window Frame and under the Door. I don't want damp on the wooden floor as that seeps back onto the walls and would just stay mouldy. I need to make sure the water is stopped from coming in in the first place.

It reminds me of when I was an apprentice Mechanic, and the BMC Mini's had water leaks from the door seals into the front foot wells, BMC Mod was to drill a 1/4'' hole in the floor, hit it with a big hammer to put a dent in the floor to let the water out :no:  the carpets still got soaked and smelly. :O .

Andy

I concur with your desire to cure the cause of the problem. I was thinking of it more as a back-up - belt & braces style - to stop any future unexpected/unforeseen ingress from rising too high.

• RMweb Gold

Andy could you deal with the door problem by lowering the ground outside the door (and perhaps putting in a drain)?  Or is it very sold concrete?

The other answer - pretty wild but yo never know - might be to put bigger section bearers under the shed to increase ground clearance, assuming the floor would be ok. 

Andy could you deal with the door problem by lowering the ground outside the door (and perhaps putting in a drain)?  Or is it very sold concrete?

The other answer - pretty wild but yo never know - might be to put bigger section bearers under the shed to increase ground clearance, assuming the floor would be ok. 

Hi Mike, the Shed is 8 inches off the Concrete base, on double 4'' bearers at cross angles, the rain came in between the bottom of the Steel Frame of the door and the wood Floor beam below it because of the wind / rain direction forcing the rain down the door and in that way, it's never happened before in just over 2 years, I'm now also putting a sill along the bottom as well to protect it. 

Thanks,

Andy.

Andy, I'm sorry to see here reference to serious water damage-I missed it because of the extraneous stuff that has been posted.

Whatever, I'm sure you will soon with all the plenteous advice offered have a solution and perhaps Willsbridge (Bath Road) or your current fancy,  will have the opportunity to rise from the waters.

All good wishes for a dry future (and no jokes please about going on the wagon.)

Not half as smelly as when the pipe came adrift on the back of my oil gauge :stinker:

I remember when the MOT man used to put holes in the floor from underneath with his rust finding screwdriver, then wanted paying for the privilege of welding them up again.  :jester:

I see further down the page you are getting to grips with the water problem.  I think you were just unlucky, a combination of extremely heavy and prolonged rain and the wind blowing in a certain direction.

• RMweb Premium

The best cure for a leaky window is no window. I had one that leaked on my garage, but since bricking it up the garage has been dry as a bone.

Question is, could you live in a shed with no windows?

Getting rid of the windows would get rid of the need for curtains!

Seriously though your sad story prompted me to clean out the roof guttering over the week-end rather than do some modelling.  Wife couldn't believe what got into me!

Archived