Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

He was at the tip causing a traffic jam the last time I spoke to him. HaHa.

Yes matey, Your phone call caused me to stop in the little road out of the Tip causing mayhem, hahhah. Much appreciated anyway.

Still, I got rid of some old baseboards that had been used so many times it was more like a Cullender.

I will soon have room to get started again.

Plan B now.

Just had a visitation from the Shed Man, he's left me a couple of tubes of Silicon to do a temporary job when the timber dries a bit in a couple of Days, he's then coming back to do Sills all around, strip out and re Silocon all the Windows, put an extra rain strip under the door and quote for a canopy of some sorts to protect the door and window tops.

Good evening all.

Well after a few days of disaster in the Old Potting Shed, I have had to make a major decision, and that is to abandon Willsbridge.

The main reason being that should I have another Flood or problem it would be very difficult to dismantle a Roundy Layout quickly, and for this reason I will do a Fiddle Yard to Terminus Layout down one side of the Shed.

The new Layout Thread will appear in a few Days and Willsbridge and it's link will be removed from the system at that time.

So look out for; Bath Road (Bristol).    Totally different to Pencarne

Thanks for your support Guys.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers all,

No Larry Bath Road will NOT be O Gauge, Beale St will be O Gauge.

I think it was headed that way before the water came in just crystallised the decision. It will also facilitate having two layouts one was never going to be enough for you.

Don

Sorry to hear this Andy. Seems a shame when you had got a solid plan and allowed utilisation of a lot of stock you seemed itching to use!

Would modular boards tailored for a quick removal to a 'safe area' if disaster happened be a possible solution? Maybe a bit of a faff to start with but it does seem rather a shame to completely dismiss a good layout plan you were looking forward to because of this problem?

I'm sure you've thought about it in more depth and covered many outcomes so I'm sure you'll do what's best for you in the end. All the best with it.

John

Morning Andy

Feel really gutted for you mate as I know you were really looking forward to your new layout. Don't be too rash just yet and wait and see what the modifications to the shed do. Hopefully it will sort out the water ingress problems. Could a lightweight aluminium box section that's just big enough to take two track across the door be the answer. Obviously you would have to sort out the scenics at the end of the layout such as a bridge or a tunnel but, as long as you can bridge the door you can still have you're roundy roundy.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Marcus

I have decided to have another look at keeping Willsbridge as a roundy, but I need to do quite a bit on the Shed exterior once it's dried out a bit first, then wait for more rain before I put the interior panels and flooring back.

It would be a shame if your shed issues deflect you from your favoured layout plan.  Belt and braces on the old waterproofing will hopefully do the trick.  I hope it all turns out for you Andy.

All the best,

Brian.

It would be a shame if your shed issues deflect you from your favoured layout plan.  Belt and braces on the old waterproofing will hopefully do the trick.  I hope it all turns out for you Andy.

All the best,

Brian.

Hi Andy

Have to say I agree with Ray, you seemed so positve about Willsbridge, it would be shame to give up on the idea(s).

I have said elsewhere that your various threads were what really inspired me to not just get back to playing trains, but to start modelling on RMWeb. At the time all my stuff was in storage pending a possible house move. Not the most positive starting point, but I negotiated some space, and came up with a plan to produce a portable layout. Not the same as an exhibition layout, but one which can be taken apart if it has to. Either to deal with unforseen problems, or to make way for another project in due course. I would commend the idea whatever the trackplan that finally gets built.

One thing I didn't forsee was being invited to the SWAG party in April, so it can even open up new opportunities!

Whatever you decide, get the shed sorted, keep positive, and keep enjoying what you do. It's good for all of us "followers".

NOW I WANT SOME RAIN,

:O

LOTS OF BLOOMIN RAIN.

:no: :nono:  :sungum:   :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  

I've been out and gone around EVERY joint with Clear Sealant and so I need to see if its worked before I start to re build the inside of the Shed and decide what I'm going to do Layout's wise.

NOW I WANT SOME RAIN,

:O

LOTS OF BLOOMIN RAIN.

:no: :nono:  :sungum:   :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  

I've been out and gone around EVERY joint with Clear Sealant and so I need to see if its worked before I start to re build the inside of the Shed and decide what I'm going to do Layout's wise.

Hose pipe?

Sorry to hear off all the water problems Andy ,when it was raining hard here I rushed into the loft to check thankfully no problems

I look forward to your new projects 0 and 00

Brian

Archived