Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

De-saturated the grees - is it legal?

Only for Adults., hahha.

Nice back scene Andy, lovely, ..... don’t forget your paint brushes in November !!!

Best regards

Craig

Need your Lounge doing then mate. haha :no:  :no:

I wish I had a minuscule amount of your artist talent. I chickened out and bought a set of the ID Backscenes products and have fitted them around my layout. 

Probably better done and better toned colouring mate. :sungum:

Here Andy mate

I hear that Heljan are doing a G*R railcar, just right for Pen-Y-Bottom. :good: :good:

Morning mate, see post #2331 for the answer to that, hahhah

WAKE UP OVER THERE, hahha  :sarcastichand:  :no:

Not for me mate.

• RMweb Premium

Morning mate, see post #2331 for the answer to that, hahhah

WAKE UP OVER THERE, hahha  :sarcastichand:  :no:

Not for me mate.

Hi Andy

I did see that post afterwards so have cancelled the order.........no Xmas present for you. :nono: :nono:  Some people can be so ungrateful. 

A question, your layout name, who was PennY  with the nice Bottom ?

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Hi Andy

I did see that post afterwards so have cancelled the order.........no Xmas present for you. :nono: :nono:  Some people can be so ungrateful. 

A question, your layout name, who was PennY  with the nice Bottom ?

Yes, I have seen one of those, hahah, I think one was married to Rod Stewart at one time.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I have seen one of those, hahah, I think one was married to Rod Stewart at one time.

Now don't get me started on the Stewart bloke.......he owes me a fiver :ireful: :ireful:

Many years ago I paid to see him and The Faces perform at the Rainbow Theater, Finsbury Park. Really good gig.

Some years afterwards I was driving trains on my mate's layout in the Horticultural Halls in London. He watched me driving trains. I drove really well.

I paid to see him entertain me. He didn't pay me to entertain him. So he owes me a fiver at least.

• Like 1

Now don't get me started on the Stewart bloke.......he owes me a fiver :ireful: :ireful:

Many years ago I paid to see him and The Faces perform at the Rainbow Theater, Finsbury Park. Really good gig.

Some years afterwards I was driving trains on my mate's layout in the Horticultural Halls in London. He watched me driving trains. I drove really well.

I paid to see him entertain me. He didn't pay me to entertain him. So he owes me a fiver at least.

Perhaps you were not that entertaining?

• RMweb Gold

Why would you do that?  especially with 7mm and when its looking so good.  If you must - sell it and start again - now its got an authentic Andy P painted background!

Edited by PeterBB

Why would you do that?  especially with 7mm and when its looking so good.  If you must - sell it and start again - now its got an authentic Andy P painted background!

Yes Peter, I think I might sell it. will give that some thought, you never know, someone might want to make me a silly offer, haha.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice productive morning, I masked up and covered the Layout, then gave the Backscene a wafting of White Primer to reduce the power of the Blue.

attachicon.gifIMG_5660.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5661.JPG

Using my Acrylics I made a start, here is my Art Pallett.

attachicon.gifIMG_5662.JPG

So I made a start on the Welsh Backscene, and going by some Photos for some ideas.

attachicon.gifIMG_5663.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5664.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5665.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5667.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5668.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5673.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5674.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5675.JPG

I see you have applied the magic, double like for that. It does feel like somewhere in Wales. You know you have been through there but cannot quite put a name to it. Lovely job.

Don  

I see you have applied the magic, double like for that. It does feel like somewhere in Wales. You know you have been through there but cannot quite put a name to it. Lovely job.

Don  

Cheers Don, I was just looking at the pics again, and some bits I really like, but most is O.K. I was thinking of the Road from Bala out to Porthmadog way for inspiration.

Cheers Don, I was just looking at the pics again, and some bits I really like, but most is O.K. I was thinking of the Road from Bala out to Porthmadog way for inspiration.

Yes, the A4212 does come to mind, though only one time in ten can you see the Arenigs!  Friday was a magnificent day to drive across Wales, we even had the top down from Borth-y-Gest to Nessclife.  For a change we went over the Berwyns and thoughts turned to the Tanat Valley Light Railway, for which I have an Oswestry Ivatt 2MT, just the ticket!

Driving back to Telford on Sunday morning there was a very strange sky, all blue to the east of Birmingham, thick cloud to the west.  Some sort of front, I guess.  But at least it didn't rain.

Paul

• Like 2

Yes, the A4212 does come to mind, though only one time in ten can you see the Arenigs!  Friday was a magnificent day to drive across Wales, we even had the top down from Borth-y-Gest to Nessclife.  For a change we went over the Berwyns and thoughts turned to the Tanat Valley Light Railway, for which I have an Oswestry Ivatt 2MT, just the ticket!

Driving back to Telford on Sunday morning there was a very strange sky, all blue to the east of Birmingham, thick cloud to the west.  Some sort of front, I guess.  But at least it didn't rain.

Paul

I saw that as I passed Cannock about 8.30 on Sunday, just before stopping at the Transport Café on the A5 for breakfast, heading west, blue at the bottom, a layer of white rolling cloud and grey rain clouds looming, but no rain arrived.

I've decided that I definitely want to sell Pen Y Bont.

Remember it's wired for DCC including the Point operation.

Although not finished, it will have the following items that were bought for it included in the Sale if the price is right, they include.

A Peco Starter Signal,

Peco Yard Crane,

Peco Platform Seats.

White Metal Water Spout,

White Metal Fire Buckets

Skytrex Low Relief Dairy Building.

The Station Manager and Porter and two standing Passengers and a set of Milk Churns.

No controller or stock is included in the sale.

It's design will allow an extension beyond the Level Crossing, should anyone wish to do that as well.

Total length is 14.5ft made up of 2 x 6ft boards with a 4.5ft Fiddle Yard board that overhangs 2.5ft.

post-9335-0-19389800-1536012953_thumb.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Yes I know the road and there was a railway running that way too. I see you have decided to sell are you planning to do a bit more to the scenics first.

Don