Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

A start will be made over the next couple of days to sort out all the timber that is stored below the Layout support frame and the old work tops, it's only about 4 inches, but a useful area for Ply sheets and batten. 

post-9335-0-60824000-1534751866_thumb.jpg

The frame area will then come in handy as a nice 40 inch high level surface to start the construction of the new baseboards for Seven Mill Sidings, (see link above). 

Once done, Pen will be re instated on the frame opposite the window, and I can then run Trains again.

I have quite a bit planned for Pen, and building SMS will give me two entirely different types of Layout to concentrate the mind on, and to help stop Mojoitus setting in. 

• Like 5

A start will be made over the next couple of days to sort out all the timber that is stored below the Layout support frame and the old work tops, it's only about 4 inches, but a useful area for Ply sheets and batten. 

attachicon.gifIMG_5478.JPG

The frame area will then come in handy as a nice 40 inch high level surface to start the construction of the new baseboards for Seven Mill Sidings, (see link above). 

Once done, Pen will be re instated on the frame opposite the window, and I can then run Trains again.

I have quite a bit planned for Pen, and building SMS will give me two entirely different types of Layout to concentrate the mind on, and to help stop Mojoitus setting in. 

Andy,

Definitely a good idea to have two layouts on the go if space permits. Work on Cwm Bach is mostly fine detailing these days, though I think the the backscene needs refreshing and I do need some form of automatic coupling and uncoupling. On the opposite side I have Tonfanau Camp on which I am busy building the Army estate. 

Regards,

Chris

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Interesting to see how the new blank sheet develops, though I'm sad to see the end of the AndyP 4mm adventure.

I've just got back from a week in a cottage in Glen Roy and I have to say that even with much searching I couldn't find any solid remains of the prototype of your old layout Andy. Though maybe the geologists have it wrong and the so-called parallel roads (ice age beaches) are in fact old track beds that led to your legendary Scottish BLT!

Kind regards, Neil

Andy,

Definitely a good idea to have two layouts on the go if space permits. Work on Cwm Bach is mostly fine detailing these days, though I think the the backscene needs refreshing and I do need some form of automatic coupling and uncoupling. On the opposite side I have Tonfanau Camp on which I am busy building the Army estate. 

Regards,

Chris

It seems I've almost always had more than one Layout on the go, sometimes just a small project, sometimes two Exhibition Layouts, but the worst change ever was after I completed Trebudoc, in ''O'', then went on to build Glenfinick in ''N'', that was a leap two far.

Trebudoc, Scenic 6ft.

post-9335-0-03668600-1534779855_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92297200-1534779302_thumb.jpg

Glenfinick, Scenic 6ft.

post-9335-0-47246700-1534779538_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87218500-1534779724_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Looking forwards to it Andy. 

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, The Large Logo 37 should arrive tomorrow, and the 20 on Wednesday I would think.

Just picked up 08173 from the shop I used to help out in.

two weeks ago I bought 13 Points and a box of Track, plus some other OO bits, so did an exchange today with some CASH BACK, :O  nice. :sungum:

• Like 3

Interesting to see how the new blank sheet develops, though I'm sad to see the end of the AndyP 4mm adventure.

I've just got back from a week in a cottage in Glen Roy and I have to say that even with much searching I couldn't find any solid remains of the prototype of your old layout Andy. Though maybe the geologists have it wrong and the so-called parallel roads (ice age beaches) are in fact old track beds that led to your legendary Scottish BLT!

Kind regards, Neil

Funnily enough, I have just dug out some pics from my last visit in 2012, (see above).

I was actually up there in 1970, for the Scottish Six Days Motor Cycle Trials, staying in a Van at Fort William. I wasn't into Trains so never went to the Station to see the 37's and never went out to Roy Bridge either.

Never say never on 4mm, but I have to keep my brain in check when I get pens and paper out, hahha.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

It seems I've almost always had more than one Layout on the go, sometimes just a small project, sometimes two Exhibition Layouts, but the worst change ever was after I completed Trebudoc, in ''O'', then went on to build Glenfinick in ''N'', that was a leap two far.

Trebudoc, Scenic 6ft.

attachicon.gifTrebudoc Photo Shoot 120.JPG

attachicon.gifTrebudoc Photo Shoot 011.JPG

Glenfinick, Scenic 6ft.

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 062.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 109.JPG

More like a leap to small and you fell in what ever you were leaping over ha ha

Like you news plans Andy excellent.....

Edited by gismorail

More like a leap to small and you fell in what ever you were leaping over ha ha

Like you news plans Andy excellent.....

Cheers Martin, I will need to leave some room in the Car when we come up in November to bring back some of Craig's unwanted / UNRUN 25's Etc, hahha. :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :blum:  :mosking:

Trebudoc, Scenic 6ft.

attachicon.gifTrebudoc Photo Shoot 120.JPG

attachicon.gifTrebudoc Photo Shoot 011.JPG

Glenfinick, Scenic 6ft.

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 062.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 109.JPG

Yes, Ixion started in N gauge with the GWR Manor. It was a fine model and sold well. However, N gauge has never really appealed to me, probably because I don't like to see both ends of a bogie carriage at the same time. 

• 2 weeks later...

PYB is now up on the Frames, and I bought some white faced MDF yesterday, and a light coating of Halfords Ford Olympic Blue and some white primer today and then fitted it to PYB.

Soon I can start to work on it again.

post-9335-0-43567400-1535735573_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88751700-1535735606_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10047200-1535735649_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30177700-1535735690_thumb.jpg

Sky's a bit to Blue, I'll add some more White Primer.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

After selling off almost all of my OO Stock, (just 2 Locos and half a dozen modern wagons left) I have an ESU Sound chip spare, so I might take it to Telford on Sunday, and get it re blown as a 45XX Prairie ready for the New Lionheart / Dapol one that's coming soon.

I have their Pannier Tank and that is nice, so I hope the Prairie is as good.

This is the one I have on order.

post-9335-0-86130200-1535750620.jpg

• Like 7

Andy

Given this announcement will there be a GWR Flying Banana on Pen-Y-Bont in the fullness of time?

Regards,

Dave

Farid not Dave, not my scene I'm afraid, plus it has no real operation other than running in and out.

Edited by Andrew P

Nice productive morning, I masked up and covered the Layout, then gave the Backscene a wafting of White Primer to reduce the power of the Blue.

post-9335-0-48637200-1535810869_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-76758200-1535810917_thumb.jpg

Using my Acrylics I made a start, here is my Art Pallett.

post-9335-0-03479000-1535810963_thumb.jpg

So I made a start on the Welsh Backscene, and going by some Photos for some ideas.

post-9335-0-34466000-1535811004_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-51219200-1535811046_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63880800-1535811104_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14907100-1535811143_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30577900-1535811185_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33853000-1535811252_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29954100-1535811360_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26098300-1535811411_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Nice productive morning, I masked up and covered the Layout, then gave the Backscene a wafting of White Primer to reduce the power of the Blue.

attachicon.gifIMG_5660.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5661.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5662.JPG

So I made a start on the Welsh Backscene, and going by some Photos for some ideas.

attachicon.gifIMG_5663.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5664.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5665.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5667.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5668.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5673.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5674.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5675.JPG

But you told us you'd painted those photos above the layout!

Seriously the backscene is excellent and well believable.

Keep it up,

attachicon.gifIMG_5660.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5661.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5662.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5663.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5664.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5665.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5667.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5668.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5673.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5674.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5675.JPG

Hats off to you as this looks really effective and of course being painted for the layout blends in very well dragging the eye into the distance.

Lovely job.

No sign of the three birds yet?

• Like 1

Think I need some Sheep on there next. :sungum:

Goodness, they are going to be big brutes in 7mm, each will need to painted individually with their own separate features...….remember no one sheep looks the same or so I have been told!!!!

But you told us you'd painted those photos above the layout!

Seriously the backscene is excellent and well believable.

Keep it up,

Cheers Tony, Yes the ones above the Layout are mine, maybe I should have added Llyn Tegid, (Bala Lake).

• Like 2

Hats off to you as this looks really effective and of course being painted for the layout blends in very well dragging the eye into the distance.

Lovely job.

No sign of the three birds yet?

Thanks Kevin, I don't do the three Birds on the Backscene as they can't move.

Goodness, they are going to be big brutes in 7mm, each will need to painted individually with their own separate features...….remember no one sheep looks the same or so I have been told!!!!

I did photograph some Sheep a couple of years back so they can be all different. I hope. :sungum: 

I've just been out and de-saturated the grees of the fields, to the naked eye, they are right but the camers has intensified them, and as most people will only see it through here, it had to be done, and it looks a lot better

• Like 3

I've just been out and de-saturated the grees of the fields, to the naked eye, they are right but the camers has intensified them, and as most people will only see it through here, it had to be done, and it looks a lot better

De-saturated the grees - is it legal?