Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Andy, why are you selling the sig-Na-trac? Would have thought you would use it on the oo layout. Just curious.

Hi Ray, I have the Gaugemaster Prodigy for the OO Project, the Signa Tax was going to be built in, and dedicated to the O Gauge project to save keep swapping things over.

Hi Ray, I have the Gaugemaster Prodigy for the OO Project, the Signa Tax was going to be built in, and dedicated to the O Gauge project to save keep swapping things over.

Don't know if I missed it, but what's the price for it?

• 6 months later...

So Beale St has been asleep for a few Months now whilst I concentrated on my ''OO'' project, Kings Moreton. That is now running and 90% of the basic scenics are completed, although I still have the Main Station area to finalise the details of, and Much Dithering, the BLT to work on before starting on the fine detailing all around the Layout. Like Beale St, Kings Moreton had a few faulse starts along the way, but has now setteled into a really nice Layout to use.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120051-kings-moreton-wr-through-oxfordshire/page-103&do=findComment&comment=2931132

In the meantime I decided that I wanted something different to do between running long ''OO'' Gauge Trains on KM. 

So I decided to resurrect BS in a new smaller format of just 6ft x 15 inches so that it would store under KM, and also be just on one board for easy quick setting up and taking down. This now only requires two trestles and can be set up in under five minutes. 

I've also decided to take this opportunity to rename it,  as it no longer reflects a large busy Yard, but is now just a couple of Sidings off a Truncated Single Track Branch with a Run Around loop beyond the Road Bridge / Sector Plate. It's now also set in North Wales somewhere around Bala, and so it will now be called Penybont Sidings, ( Penybont translates to BRIDGEND in English, as it's near the Bridge at the Eastern end of Llyn Tegid / Lake Bala. Penybont is also the current name for the Bala Lake Railway Terminus at the old Llyn Tegid / Lake Bala Station on the Corwen / Barmouth Line west of Bala Junction)

Penybont Sidings has now been re built in the Inglenook Shunting format of 5-3-3 with the Truncated Line past  the Level Crossings taking the 5 Wagons that will be needed to formulate the workings from a Playing Card System. It has a single Track Sector Plate feeding the 3 Tracks, therefore saving both space and money by having no Points.

http://www.wymann.info/ShuntingPuzzles/sw-inglenook.html

This is where I'm up to today.

post-9335-0-57150600-1511216372_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87461400-1511216438_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19511800-1511216500_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77389600-1511216565_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25206400-1511216638_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71469300-1511216707_thumb.jpg

Hopefully the Ballast will be dry tomorrow morning.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

I like it Andy. I enjoy inglenook layouts and in 0 gauge the size makes each wagon impressive. I that the Jinty nice but I would go for the Minerva 57x or 8750 with sound of course.

Don

I like it Andy. I enjoy inglenook layouts and in 0 gauge the size makes each wagon impressive. I that the Jinty nice but I would go for the Minerva 57x or 8750 with sound of course.

Don

Hi Don, I've ordered Sound Chips today from Paul Chetter for the Jinty and 08, and now trying to sell some more bits to fund a Minerva Pannier as well. Having seen and heard Jinty's Minerva Panniers, I was more than impressed.

One day I might make a Trebudoc style Layout in a ''U'' format around the Shed, but that's a long way away yet, I hope.

Great start Andy!

Ballasted already  :O  :O

Hope you've left room for the extension................................................... :jester:

Enjoy it mate, I'm due my Dapol Jinty sound decoder tomorrow and I've just discovered some rather nice speakers for it too. Will do a vid when I've fitted it and tested it all.

Regards

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Andy

The level crossing - is it from a kit?  I will need one single track gate for Penmaenpool, that's all there ever was even though the crossing was over a point!  Wild Wales for you.

Paul

PS I am feeling like a Gauge O veteran owning a Connoisseur Jinty - the RTR market is truly blossoming!

• Like 1

Cheers one and all for ALL your support, I hope to do a little more today, and then I'm out all day tomorrow and I also have a big weathering job arriving later today. 

I've found some more old ''OO'' Wagons to trade in for the rest of the ''O'' Wagons I have put by at the Shop, so I hope to collect them tomorrow as well.

I have some mates coming around for running sessions on KM next Monday and Wednesday evenings so will need to get PS stored away to give some room for 3 FAT BLOKES to get down the middle of the room and reach KM's Fiddle Yard.

More up-dates later.

Andy

The level crossing - is it from a kit?  I will need one single track gate for Penmaenpool, that's all there ever was even though the crossing was over a point!  Wild Wales for you.

Paul

PS I am feeling like a Gauge O veteran owning a Connoisseur Jinty - the RTR market is truly blossoming!

Hi Paul, The Level Crossing is a Peco Kit = LK 750, 

post-9335-0-51214800-1511254184.jpg

Nice one Andy, good to see this resurrected. As Martin says, it didn't take much :D :D

Al.

Cheers Al, well I love shunting, and using the Playing Cards makes it more interesting and a real challenge, and I also like using the 3 Links for a more prototypical operation, so a combination of those elements and the sheer size verses cost of these again now has made sense.

KM will continue to give me the Long Trains that I love to see running around though.

• Like 1

Nice one Andy, I must admit I could see this coming after your visit to Jinty's place. You have already overtaken my efforts I am still at boards and plain track.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, I'll have to find what you've been up to as well.

Cheers.