Class 142

charliepetty

• 5 months later...

Is the class 142 still going ahead?,it’s been quiet on here since March.

Yes, the 142 project is still going ahead. See Charlie's comments on the Class 143 First Great Western thread a couple of days ago.

Edited by 66738

Is the class 142 still going ahead?,it’s been quiet on here since March.

CAD work is being done as we speak in the 142.   Our main priority has been to get the new 156 finished off in EMT & Provincial. Just waiting for the samples to OK the production run.

We don't constantly push 'Fake News' about nothing, if and when we have something them you will know.     Charliepost-3411-0-04602300-1533747429_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly getting there. What liveries do you fancy: Kernow likes Skippers, Hattons like Merseyrail ?????

I'd imagine West Country Skipper livery would be the more popular. Cornish China clay layouts etc etc.

Original provincial Blue and GMPTE Orange/Brown are top of my list, but a Chocolate and Cream Skipper could also work for me, as they did migrate North from Devon/Cornwall fairly early on in thier lives after their short but unsuccessful stint down Southwest.

Skipper livery would be better because it covers the whole area the 142s operated due to them being displaced far and wide very early in their lives when it was realised they couldnt run on the Devon/Cornish branchlines without destroying their wheelsets on the sharp curves.

Put me down for one in GMPTE orange, just like the knackered Hornby one I've had for 25+ years.

Only, this time one that actually runs with Charlie's lovely all-wheel drive and pickups!

Hopefully Charlie, yours will have loads of room for decoder and an EM-summat-or-other?

Cheers,

Alan.

Hi Charlie,

Provincial blue and GMPTE orange for my 90’s layout as my main choice and I would get a brown and cream one too. All regulars on the Furness line.

PS - please can one get Barrow - Lancaster on its destination blinds lol - you know I’ve got to ask lol!

I’ll be getting a Northern one too.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

My votes would be;

1. Northern Rail as used up to the end of the Abellio/Serco franchise on 31st March 2016.

and

2. Current livery used by Northern since the start of the Arriva Rail North franchise on 1st April 2016 - effectively a de-branded Northern Rail livery.

• Agree 1

My vote goes to 142001 in First North Western livery. This livery would then provide a perfect base for a model spanning at least 3 Different TOCs, with the original First North Western, FNW with small Northern Rail Logo and Ex First North Western modified First Great Western livery. The latter perfectly complimenting the First Great Western 143 as they tended to operate together down in Devon. 

Destinations could either be Exmouth / Paignton for the Devon version, or Preston on a Northern version. 

Edited by surfsup
  • Like 1