London Festival of Railway Modelling, Alexandra Palace, 25/26 March 2017

Andy Y

Yes - there is a tea room and urn for layouts and demonstrators. Cups would be very helpful...and trays...

I exhibited at AP a few years ago and have absolutely no recollection of what the catering was like, which suggests it was OK! I always take my own mug and teabags (decaf) when helping to exhibit Harton Gill.

Yes - there is a tea room and urn for layouts and demonstrators. Cups would be very helpful...and trays...

A friend who is helping with making tea tells me that a second urn would also be very helpful!

Chris

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

In order to receive your BRM discount, you need to enter your subscriber number prefixed with L17 in the promotion code box on the next page. This should be done in the format below.

Example: 0006789 becomes L176789.

If you're still having problems, private message us with your contact details and I'll ask Ticket Factory to call you.

Thanks

Philippa

PM sent but no reply as yet.

Dave

We (The MRC) have a supply of hi viz for any of the layouts and demos who haven't or forget theirs. However it would be very helpful if those who have got them to bring them please as we won't have enough for everyone. As usual we are happy to deal with an questions or concerns directly.

We introduced risk assessments etc for several of our own activities a while ago - and like the idea or not it certainly got our members to think a bit more about themselves and others. Almost all of it is "common sense" but the act of seeing it printed out in black and white seems to be helpful for some.

Tom

Steel toe shoes packed!

• RMweb Premium

Steel toe shoes packed!

Exhibitors food was ok when we exhibited Whiteacres last year.

Normal London prices for visitor catering food quality ok

Eltel

• RMweb Gold

GE mainline appears to be closed this weekend (Crossrail work most likely) which kind of puts the scuppers on a train from Ipswich.

Not sure if I want to risk taking the car and finding nowhere to park.

There is quite a considerable amount of free on site car parking space, so you should have no worries whatsoever with not being able to park in one of the car parks. If you look on Google Earth you will be able to see the car parks,  one area is adjacent to the Ice Rink / BBC transmission tower end of the venue and the other, larger car park is at the bottom of the hill from the main entrance with a free bus service back upto the top if you are not inclined to walk.

After my problem getting my subscibers' ticket, it's all now resolved by BRM getting the ticket factory to call me and do the deal on the phone.

ETICKET arrived in 2 or 3 mins.

Ultimately turned out to be partly my fault, so thanks to BRM staff for sorting it.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Much Murkle is prepared and ready for the journey this morning to Alexandra Palace for the London Festival of Railway Modelling. Just waiting for the van to arrive so that we can load up and get on our way.

Hope to see and get to chat with lots of RMwebbers over the weekend. Hopefully we will provide a small distraction to the throngs around the other great layouts in our immediate vicinity, Canada Street, Leysdown Eaton Gomery, Hope under Dinmore and Towcester.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Precision Paints are usually there aren't they?

From their website:

* We Will NOT be attending the London Festival of Model Railways at Alexandra Palace. *

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Lancaster (Green Ayre) is set up in the west Hall. And the northern members of the team have had a good meal at the hotel we are stopping in.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Lancaster (Green Ayre) is set up in the west Hall. And the northern members of the team have had a good meal at the hotel we are stopping in.

Jamie

Hope it goes well for you Jamie and team - I'm sorry not to be one of your number, but too many other things are in the way.  I'd love to see how things have progressed since last May. 

I haven't forgotten about the Lune Whammels either, promise.

Regards

Stewart