The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Mornington Crescent 2016

chaz

I do think that in view of the numerous rule changes during this year we should celebrate with a pre-Christmas bout.

Can I suggest though that Jack Dee's controversial Reverse Diagonal Rule (appendix xvii - 2015 Almanac) be put on one side as inappropriate for a strictly amateur competition.

I will kick off (if I may use a hockey metaphor) with...

Hatch End

• RMweb Gold

Afraid I'm not at all in favour of many of these so-called recent 'improvements' so I'll stick with Fothergill's Spinner which to my mind is difficult to better:

Aldersgate and Barbican

....not forgetting that 'METROPOLITAN' was in black on a yellow background on the front of surface stock at the time the station was so named

But I thought the Mornington Crescent Flaming Torch of Sacred Fire had been passed on to await the new series in Russia, using the Moscow Metro, or have I been grossly mislead by false tweets about it on Twitter, possibly coming from Samantha, who is negotiating for a pay rise if it goes fully International, and she has to demonstrate her assets to foreigners

In the meantime, invoking the Christmas Rule,

Turkey Street......

Oh, I forgot, are we playing with due allowance for Brexit or not?

• RMweb Gold

Oh, I forgot, are we playing with due allowance for Brexit or not?

I think most traditional players refused to accept continental practices unless/until Watkin's dream of a channel tunnel became reality.  Unfortunately when Sven was asked to take a missionary position to get a grasp of Johnny Foreigners doings, he misunderstood, so we've had 40 years of confusion which doesn't seem to have ended yet.

I think most traditional players refused to accept continental practices unless/until Watkin's dream of a channel tunnel became reality.  Unfortunately when Sven was asked to take a missionary position to get a grasp of Johnny Foreigners doings, he misunderstood, so we've had 40 years of confusion which doesn't seem to have ended yet.

I believe he is out on parole next week,

PENTONVILLE ROAD.....

This is Monopoly, isn't it?

The same use of Trump's Election (Mexican derivative) also moves the game to 

Highgate

Highgate? Is that kosher after a Fothergill's Spinner has been employed? I know this is amateur rules - so a bit lax, but come on.

I suppose we must allow it - but it is under protest and any more Mexican moves will invoke a wall.

So....with that it mind.....

Sudbury Town

Sudbury Town

so we a using the Uxbridge variant to re locate the axis of deviation, clever move, but your mistake as it's a rare free throw......no wait a minute, that is Monopoly, here we call and raise, calculate and plump for............

Oakwood ..........With treble points as it is in Travelcard Zone 5

You can only use Dee's Reversal for that:

North Acton

North Acton? Have you ever been there? have I? Has anybody?

Well now, I wouldn't normally go south of the river this late at night but after North Acton I feel there is no choice.

so....

Tooting Bec

Has nobody noticed the turn, now unusable under the current rules, to call Mornington Crescent?

This means the game will have to be extended, and points deducted for repetition, even if you are stuck with no vertical or diagonal moves. So as it has to be a diagonal move in Zone two to comply with the Dee rules, then it must be

White City.....but wait that has been called before, so a reverse manoeuvrer is required, so I call

Hammersmith.... which is still Zone 2 so incurs no penalty.

Samantha is tweeting again, she is on her way home with her Apple on, after playing with it all afternoon.......

Samantha has woken up fully refreshed after a hard nights activities, and is tweeting about being refreshed, hot, up for it and ready to go,but does not understand the reference to Cox's.....She will be available on her account at Twitter all day if there are any queries on line.She will tweet with anybody in Mornington Crescent ( this is not a call as It is not my turn....)

your turn I believe

Mrs Trellis of North Wales has been reported as writing in to Mornington Crescent, giving a problem to the Post Office as to where to deliver it to, easy to answer, to the BBC, complaining that the"twaats" of Samantha may give away to much help to the players, due to Samantha's vast knowledge of doing business in underground stations, Mrs Trellis says the "Twitts" must stop, but Samantha is defiant, and will continue to service her players as and when she feels like it.

I will call again and say via  the Grand Approach cross diagonal closure method       

Theydon Bois

• RMweb Premium

Sorry folks, I have personal permission to use a Cryer's Cross which is according to Barry when I met him here in Lancaster (not Lancaster Gate) a wild card move to be used at any time to shuffle off to

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

So I guess 'tis my turn to start the next round using any 2105/16 convention, though I still prefer the Humph rules with

VICTORIA (today aka a mainline train free zone)

Archived