The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Mornington Crescent 2016

chaz

• RMweb Premium

OK I agree that I need to miss a turn, and I've missed one.

However, with my personal authority from Mr Cryer to use his moves (and I must say, the guy's a totally brilliant stand up comedian, and Colin is a super pianist) , I opt for the much overlooked Barry's bounce  (which cannot be used as a wild card move, unfortunately), to

WILLESDEN GREEN

Well, I say Chaps,...... a Bounce from Barry ehh?... what next, a Skip with Samantha, and I don't know what with Willie Rushton.

Advancing fast backwards to Swiss Cottage, on a charge now

Samantha would like to examine your score cards, she is having more trouble with the laser scoreboard, it keeps flashing in red, which is also distracting Colin at the piano, and tends to wake Tim up. Just hold the score card up and Samantha will judge them, keeps her occupied I suppose......Colin says he is underused in this game... well yes

• RMweb Gold

Do we really need to know about cottagers before the 9pm watershed? Ah well I suppose that's the modern game. It's just a couple of slippery steps along to

West Hampstead

...and as it's getting dark now, time for stroll onto the Heath. Samantha won't be going out tonight as she says waiting for Willy.

Watford Junction?

You've done that on purpose, haven't you? I'm in nip, and will have to wait until someone plays a clearance (wanders off muttering quietly and pin-sticking a wax effigy).

Chaz

• RMweb Premium

Ignoring that unhelful move, Nip can only be cleared from that far North by a cunning move such as the Brooke-Taylor diversion strategy, and I have no personal authority to use it, but I will stretch a point today to assist, but it's going to leave me open to somebody trying to move to MC itself, but here goes, in the hope that a fellow player is kind and helpful, so it is

Finchley Central

and don't forget that the fare to Golders Green used to be 12 1/2p (2/6).

• RMweb Premium

Ouch, Ivan, that puts the entire network North of the river into spoon, which leaves me no chance even to use a Cryer's Cross this time, and of course going South of the river which I now must do, will put me in nip for my next move.  So using the pre Jubilee Extension Gambit as my get out, leaves me with nowhere else to go than.

MORDEN

Which leaves everybody else free to use a Northern jump move - I just hope nobody else sees it as I've only pointed it out quietly

I fear you gentleman are playing far to North and going somewhat off piste so, before you get bladdered, I beggar a return to:

Waterloo

(Edit)  Oh dear! simultaneous posts. Where does that leave us? Is there a rule?  Samantha?   SAMANTHA?

You blighters are just rubbing salt in the wound. I'm still in NIP! Lucky this isn't a ball game cos I'd just take it home with me.

I've made several wax effigies - well actually I didn't have any wax so I used DAS. My scriber point is poised.....

Chaz (not very gruntled)

Apply to Samantha to get a nip relief under the current amateur rules. Borrow her bus pass and then get on a bus and bypass the underground to

Great Portland Street

Mind you a difficult move, as it may involve borrowing some of Samantha's clothes to pass yourself off on the Pass. Colin would lend you one, but claims not to be old enough to get one as yet. Tim refuses to loan his out, and Barry wants too much money......

No use of a taxi (or Uber) is allowed, but you may seek advice and guidance from a Policeman ( These rules are old, when do you ever see a policeman!).

• RMweb Gold

How about HARROW? Wouldn't that get him out? Unless Lord Nesborough rules apply?

Only if he converses in Latin, I believe. I know the boys are at last allowed to speak English on the playing fields but I think it's another old rule that's not been changed, in that MC has to be played in Latin if Harrow is mentioned.

Si vis scire tempus magistratus petere (well that's what Google Translate says - I suspect Stovold will be turning in his grave)

• RMweb Gold

Ah, Stovold, knew the answer would lie there, "Non Sibi Sed Omnibus"

So, the Bus to Bromley By Bowe (I have my own pass)

Yes bus is probably best at the moment in that area.  On Southern it's unus exo omnes exeunt

Now there's an idea , a round in Latin!! with the English, the translation and the re-translation into English all care of Google........but there is a deep objection from Hamish and Dougal, as Latin barely penetrated Scottish life, and was not taught in Glasgow... and Samantha says it would confuse the laser scoreboard, and Dee says erunt pueri pueri

And Dee rings the gong for,

Mornington Crescent  which translates into Latin as Mornington Crescent............

Damn, damn, damn. That Mornington Crescent would have been mine if I had not been in nip.

Still with the slate wiped clean and Samantha poised for another session what about...

Cockfosters

Archived