4mm scale motorcycles.

JZ

I'm looking for a motorcycle, British, Royal Enfield, BSA, Norton or Triumph. I remember someone did a 3D printed one , but I can't for the life of me find it. Anyone know?

There was a motorcycle outrider ( or two ? ) included in the Airfix Recovery set as I remember...not sure what machines they were riding, but may be of help ?

I've got those, but really looking for something a bit more 1960s.

• RMweb Premium

Micro machines produced several motorcycles that are near to 00 scale some of which will fit your period. Many of them are more 1980's though. They have been out of production for some years now but can often be found on E-bay. Some come with riders that can cover any period from the 1960's to the present day.

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking for a motorcycle, British, Royal Enfield, BSA, Norton or Triumph. I remember someone did a 3D printed one , but I can't for the life of me find it. Anyone know?

I remember seeing a review of a 3D printed bike, but can't recall the exact details or who made it - I think it was a BSA Bantam rather than a big twin, though.

For something bigger, P&D Marsh do a generic but British-looking painted motorcycle and rider available from Hatton's with pic on the website.  

John

I remember seeing a review of a 3D printed bike, but can't recall the exact details or who made it - I think it was a BSA Bantam rather than a big twin, though.

For something bigger, P&D Marsh do a generic but British-looking painted motorcycle and rider available from Hatton's with pic on the website.  

John

It was Finney and Smith who did/do the 3d print Bantam, not sure if still available.

John

Looks good, hadn't thought of looking at them. I find their stuff a little crude at times. The rider will probably end up as a coach passenger, I need the bike to go with my Monty's Models rocker.

• RMweb Gold

A genuine 1960s 4mm scale motorcycle. I don't know the maker, but I am sure someone will be able to tell us. The choice of figures was tiny in those days.

attachicon.gif1960s 4mm scale motorcyclist.jpg

Judging by the girder front forks and rigid rear end that appears to be based on a typical bike of the 1930s or 1940s. 

Most of the (even vaguely) British bikes available in 4mm seem to be pre-WW2 or immediate post-war models so there's a definite opening for coverage of later types.

John

Judging by the girder front forks and rigid rear end that appears to be based on a typical bike of the 1930s or 1940s. 

Most of the (even vaguely) British bikes available in 4mm seem to be pre-WW2 or immediate post-war models so there's a definite opening for coverage of later types.

John

Tiz such a shame , that this day and age ,someone as not produced some nice looking motorcycles.

I`ll take some late English/early japanese bikes please, 

Plastic rockets are outside my timeline.

But do agree that they need to be produced for modern image layouts. 

Archived