RMweb

Bristol Victoria (Blues in the 80's)

Andrew P

So my mates and I managed to get down to Victoria in time to see the 08 bring in the Stock for the 09.30 Service to Portsmouth Harbour, it will be in the hands of Class 50, 50035 Ark Royal today.

post-9335-0-86374700-1483349331_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06380600-1483349378_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19802500-1483349417_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74077000-1483349460_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14608500-1483349507_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-80191700-1483349552_thumb.jpg

Back with some more later.

• RMweb Premium

It is not the blue that bothers me nor the lack of steam but those blasted curtains.

Only one photo in the last post managed to avoid the curtains.  The last one was so close but still you managed to get in a bit of curtain.  Do you do it deliberately?

By the way the track looks really good.  Am a bit concerned that the scenics won't look as good as Pencarne - but then again you will no doubt prove me wrong with your magic.

Happy New Year!

Bogie, why do you insist on looking at the mud instead of the stars?

Your references to curtains are unnecessary, tedious and OT.

Perhaps we can stick to the point.

I trust Andy will forgive me the intrusion on his excellent, enjoyable well documented thread.

I trust Andy will forgive me the intrusion on his excellent, enjoyable well documented thread.

Well said that man.........

Thank you John. :sungum:

A nice little running session this afternoon and also some more fitting of Kadee's to the passenger Stock for close coupling.

I was going to wire in the Loco Depot, but I got side tracked by a couple of rather LARGE 08's on the other side of the Shed that were crying out for some attention, so they were attended to as well.

Loving all the Blue. Andy. Looks absolutely superb and very atmospheric. Its definitely in full swing now. Got a funny feeling this is going to progress nicely in the coming weeks with the track down. Cant wait to see the next instalment.

This is going to be a cracker.

Cheers

Marcus

Loving all the Blue. Andy. Looks absolutely superb and very atmospheric. Its definitely in full swing now. Got a funny feeling this is going to progress nicely in the coming weeks with the track down. Cant wait to see the next instalment.

This is going to be a cracker.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus, I hope this one continues as it is, it's progressing slowly but it feels right, I like all the light Engine movements and can't wait to get the Goods yard and Depot wired.

Things are picking up well Andy nice one!

As we are just into the new year, it'll be nice to use the date as a marker and see where you are with the layout this time next year. The variety of stock is great and ticks boxes for a lot of us no matter what era is ones favourite!

Keep it up mate!

Happy new year,

John

Things are picking up well Andy nice one!

As we are just into the new year, it'll be nice to use the date as a marker and see where you are with the layout this time next year. The variety of stock is great and ticks boxes for a lot of us no matter what era is ones favourite!

Keep it up mate!

Happy new year,

John

Hi John, Thanks for that, hopefully this time next year the Station area will be nearly finished and the Points wired at least, we will have to wait and see.

A great series of pics Andy. I definitely think this has more operational potential than Pencarne. I am sure the Scenics will be as good in their own way since this is a very different layout.

Yes Andy, a lot more potential for operation than Pencarne, both in Passenger workings and in the Goods yard, plus the added advantage of a lot of light engine movements.

Happy new year Andy

The layout looks like it's got a lot of play potential

I'll be looking forward to you getting it fully operational and seeing some vids

What you doing for a scenic break ,will you be having some bridges or something near the end building (sorry if you've already stated )

Brian

Happy new year Andy

The layout looks like it's got a lot of play potential

I'll be looking forward to you getting it fully operational and seeing some vids

What you doing for a scenic break ,will you be having some bridges or something near the end building (sorry if you've already stated )

Brian Yes I have, but your forgiven, it was back 2 pages in Post #228 and it will be a Viaduct probably with a derelict Rail Line on top.

post-9335-0-20642400-1483392740_thumb.jpg

So my mates and I managed to get down to Victoria in time to see the 08 bring in the Stock for the 09.30 Service to Portsmouth Harbour, it will be in the hands of Class 50, 50035 Ark Royal today.

attachicon.gifBlues Testing 023.JPG

attachicon.gifBlues Testing 024.JPG

attachicon.gifBlues Testing 025.JPG

attachicon.gifBlues Testing 026.JPG

attachicon.gifBlues Testing 027.JPG

attachicon.gifBlues Testing 028.JPG

Back with some more later.

Very interesting, Andy.

I look forward to seeing how it develops. 

Best Regards for the New Year.

Tony.  

Very interesting, Andy.

I look forward to seeing how it develops. 

Best Regards for the New Year.

Tony.  

Hi Tony, Thanks for popping in and liking what I've done so far.

Happy New Year to you and Mo.

I am normally a steam only guy, but the sight of all these diesels is actually making me me go ' all gooey' ! :mosking:

Hi Bob, Thanks, I like both, that's always been my main problem when modelling, one day I'm in Steam, next Green / Maroon Diesels, then Blue, and I have a Draw full of Railfreight Large Logo as well. :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  

Morning Bodgit, Personally l loved playing with BV on Saturday with your lovely collection of steam locos and NO sound just the gentle whirl of the motors running on the lovely foam you have laid wonderful, could play all day, but that's just me, good luck with BV in 2017....

Morning Bodgit, Personally l loved playing with BV on Saturday with your lovely collection of steam locos and NO sound just the gentle whirl of the motors running on the lovely foam you have laid wonderful, could play all day, but that's just me, good luck with BV in 2017....

Thanks for the good wishes mate, I must admit, when running the 47 and 50 yesterday I turned the volumes right down, I did the same when running the 08's on Beale St as well. The Underlay Ballast gives a far better running than I've ever had before in terms of quietness and smoothness.

Off outside shortly (the heater's already on) and may wire in the Depot  today.

9:02 "I think I may wire the depot up "

13:40 "depot wired,also done the sidings and goods loop "

Gezz man that would take me a week lol

Brian

Archived