Bristol Victoria (Blues in the 80's)

Andrew P

Merry Christmas Andy to you and Dee. Have a good one and all the best for 2017.

Best Wishes

Marcus, Di. and Anthony.

Morning Marcus, Thanks and the same to you Di and Anthony, have a Good one mate and catch up again in 2017.

Merry Christmas Andy to one and all.

Just found your next "project", do you ever stop ? Looking forward to this one me 'ansome :)

I do likes a West Country theme .... Spot on !

Grahame

Merry Christmas Andy to one and all.

Just found your next "project", do you ever stop ? Looking forward to this one me 'ansome :)

I do likes a West Country theme .... Spot on !

Grahame

Hi Grahame, Thanks and a Merry Christmas to you all as well mate, and glad you like the layout, have a good 2017 and beyond.

Morning all.

Sad news this morning about George Michael, yet another Super Star joining the 2016 Super Group in Heaven, there is a thread already started in the Wheeltapers section for further comments.

One of my Presents was an Amazon Voucher, so last night I went on for a browse, (as you do), and picked up 3 nice Books. One is; Seventies Spotting Days around the Western Region, and the other two are; Steam around Bristol, the Final Years, and Great Western Steam around Bristol, all three Books are mainly photos and mostly in Colour so really looking forward to getting them in the next week or so.

Morning all.

Sad news this morning about George Michael, yet another Super Star joining the 2016 Super Group in Heaven, there is a thread already started in the Wheeltapers section for further comments.

One of my Presents was an Amazon Voucher, so last night I went on for a browse, (as you do), and picked up 3 nice Books. One is; Seventies Spotting Days around the Western Region, and the other two are; Steam around Bristol, the Final Years, and Great Western Steam around Bristol, all three Books are mainly photos and mostly in Colour so really looking forward to getting them in the next week or so.

I am quite envious, I would like all of those, but suspect that should I get an Amazon voucher it might only stretch to a ladybird book of trains.

Mind you I do have a smug feeling today. I recall Daley Thpmpson used to trIan 3 times on Christmas Day because his Russian nemisis (whose name escapes me) wouldn't be. I did manage about an hour and a half working in the train room yesterday, and made it out the door with 2 minutes to deadline. I also came across a source of a "cheap" nissen hut on here, which was duly ordered.

So a three way win, but a day where I made more moddelling progress than Andy Peters was the (smug) cherry on the top.

Happy New Year

Well ahead of me Tony, certainly NO Train room OR Training for me yesterday, but a nice quiet day.

Today will be the same, take Lala for a walk on the way to pick Mum up, that will be my exercise for the Day, and the a nice Lunch, probably follow by a snooze in the chair.

The books were all second hand, I've bought many second hand ones through Amazon and never had a bad or tatty one yet. so for a mere £20 Voucher I've got about £50 worth of Books.

The plan for tomorrow is to wire in the Depot and Goods Yards, then it will be 100% working.

In the New Year I will work out the Fiddle Yard, it may still start where the current Tracks end, just beyond the Turntable, but not really sure at the moment, the longer run would be better and more interesting, so you will have to wait and see what I come up with.

Morning Andy

Hadn't looked at the news this morning so reading your thread that came as a great shock hearing about George Michael. Another amazing talent lost. Having had a career spanning that many years, with the different styles of music he made, that cant be that many people that didn't enjoy at least some of his songs. The last days of Wham and his first solo Album Faith were my favourites.

R.I.P George.

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Glad to hear Santa found you, given all you layouts, he could be forgiven for getting your address wrong!! I have the 70s spotting days on the Western book here - absolutely brilliant - mind you alll in that Strathwood series on 70s and 80s are good. Sure you'll enjoy it.

Rich

Sounds like a bargin on the books! My last one was GCR then and now 6.38 on amazon... it arrived and was a pristine hardback!

I like your thoughts in the extended run, when I rebuild my layout in its new home I want to hand a lengthy section into the doodle yard

I like your thoughts in the extended run, when I rebuild my layout in its new home I want to hand a lengthy section into the doodle yard

Morning all, Well the night heater has been on but its still a bit chilly outside, so I've just put the main heater on low for the next half hour, that should do the trick nicely, I cant work with cold fingers.

Several jobs are planned for today in the Old Potting Shed. Firstly I want to sort out what I intend to do with the Fiddle Yard. Even if I start the fiddle yard where the Tracks currently end, I would like to split them 3 ways if I can. The Midland / Mangotsfield line, the Western Region Line and a Docks Branch. This will give more reason for most of the operation, especially the Docks Traffic as whatever goes down must come back up,

I hope to have some more pics later all being well.

Well have had a good look and a re think and a re jig, so before I get totally confused here is what I've come up with.

I've decided to leave the Fiddle Yard as Plan ''A'' at the end of the Shed at 90 degrees the same as Pencarne, BUT, this time I'm going to TRY and split the lines on the scenic side rather than imagine where there going.

So we have, from Left to Right;

The Line to the Midlands and Bath Green Park  / S & D via Mangotsfield Junction.

The Line to the Western Region, Wales, London, South West.

The Docks Branch.

post-9335-0-00799300-1482838754_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-38116300-1482838776_thumb.jpg

I will still have a play around once I've bought some more Points and see how it goes.

Andy , Merry Christmas etc etc

I'd be inclined to extend the headshunt and use that as the docks branch and have either the connection to the LMR or the WR as double-track.

I think double track would look excellent, but... it is your layout :)

I'd be inclined to extend the headshunt and use that as the docks branch and have either the connection to the LMR or the WR as double-track.

Hi Peter, And a very Merry one and all that to you too, and a Happy New Year to you as well.

I had considered making the Midland a Double Track but thought it might look a little cluttered,  but having just been back out and looked again and using the Head Shunt as the Docks Branch would work rather well, thanks for that. The Head Shunt / Docks Branch can have a limit of Shunt, so will still be useable.

post-9335-0-64788900-1482855093_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71216900-1482855121_thumb.jpg

I love the track look now :) I think it may give more operating options (or headaches) :)

Headaches, YES I think your right, just got to get some Points for the Fiddle Yard and get it laid.

I'm out all day tomorrow and can pick up some of the Points so I can make a start in the New Year.

Andy, do you have a sketch as to how Brisol Vic fits into the railway geography of that city?. Would be interesting to see how they all intertwine.

Peter, in a word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO,            but I can assure you it does fit some how, I will work on that, hahha

Have you thought about modelling the dock branch in front of the actual fiddle yard?  A demountable back scene behind the dock facilities would facilitate access to the FY and the scenic area in front of that could be almost a handed version of Porth Merryn.

Just a suggestion.

Regards,

Brian.

Have you thought about modelling the dock branch in front of the actual fiddle yard?  A demountable back scene behind the dock facilities would facilitate access to the FY and the scenic area in front of that could be almost a handed version of Porth Merryn.

Just a suggestion.

Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian but NO, I don't want to be restricted as to what I send down that way, be it Coal, Oil, or General Goods etc.

Archived