The Leamington & Warwick 42nd annual Model Railway Exhibition - Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th March 2017

LWMRSNews

Somewhat confusing information as the UK model Shop site shows: ADMISSION:  Adults £7.00  Concessions £6.00  Children £1.00  Family £15.00 but at the show entrance desk there are No Concessions. Only a pound difference so no big deal but, it did cause a few raised eyebrows. Excellent show so no complaints from me, well done. :good:  

Day one done. Thanks to everyone who visited today. We hope everyone had an enyoyable day, and would welcome any comments.

Day two tomorrow. 10:00-16:00. We look forward to letting as many of you as possible.

As discussed above, we would advise those arriving in the morning to avoid the centre of Warwick, due to the Warwick half marathons. We do not expect any affect on the area close to our exhibition.

Excellent first day. The MERG meeting was very good, well worth the effort to attend it.

The DEMU stand proved very busy, especially as people were drawn to the APT-E and APT-P models on display, and Kit Spackman (aka Mr_Tilt here) happy to talk about ATP-E and his experiences working on it.

The only complaint I had today was in regards the lift. But I understand that it was beyond LWMRS' control. In the end I stayed near the Atrium on the stand more instead of going around so it wasn't so much a problem today, tomorrow might be different depending upon how my back is.

Somewhat confusing information as the UK model Shop site shows: ADMISSION: Adults £7.00 Concessions £6.00 Children £1.00 Family £15.00 but at the show entrance desk there are No Concessions. Only a pound difference so no big deal but, it did cause a few raised eyebrows. Excellent show so no complaints from me, well done. :good:

Mike,

Thanks for picking up on this error on our entry on ukmodelshops and letting us know about it.

Unfortunately, once it is the day of the show this site does not let us make amendments.

Please accept my apologies for any confusion caused.

Enjoyed my visit. Preferred the showground but hey.

College layout is difficult but improved on last year. I would have preferred a proper guide with detailed guidance. Takes you a while to find your way but there is s lot to see and good trade.

Note that there is bus replacement for trains from Warwick Parkway to Banbury tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

A most enjoyable exhibition with a good mix of layouts in all gauges.

My favourite has to be Much Murkle but many more excellent layouts.

I would imagine not the easiest location to plan a model railway exhibition but once you find your way round not a problem

So good venue, good selection of layouts, balanced trade, catering first class, parking and good rail connections.

Well done to all the team, I'll be back next year

Terry

Stafford Railway Circle

Well done LWMRS fore another good show and my first at the college location.

Thoroughly enjoyed the trade stands and the layouts were good (though my one critism was an apparent paucity of D&E layouts but I do still appreciate seeing any and all).

As per above comments the layout of the venue was a bit confusing even with the guide but unavoidable given the number of areas/rooms in use.  On a positive note there was plenty of space to move around and see everything.

Will continue to attend the shows in future!

Well done LWMRS fore another good show and my first at the college location.

Thoroughly enjoyed the trade stands and the layouts were good (though my one critism was an apparent paucity of D&E layouts but I do still appreciate seeing any and all).

As per above comments the layout of the venue was a bit confusing even with the guide but unavoidable given the number of areas/rooms in use.  On a positive note there was plenty of space to move around and see everything.

Will continue to attend the shows in future!

Yes, it was noticed that there was a bit of a lack of D&E there, but that didn't distract from  it being a good show (as usual).

Thanks for a good show. You had clearly thought about an overflow car park with a leaflet being provided as we pulled in, just in case there were no more spaces. Excellent to have marshals directing to the free spaces. Well done!

Its a good venue as the exhibition is spread out so it doesn't feel crowded, and you can see the layouts. Nice selection of layouts and exhibitors keen to engage and pass on their skills. Special mention to St Ruth, Rockcliffe in that regard. My little person enjoyed Hogsmead for Sodor, and an excellent idea having the brass rubbing so people could take turns.

Thanks to all those who made the show possible

I enjoyed this show again this year. Good selection of layouts, groups & trade. I was there both days & the weekend seem to pass very quickly.

I was with a stand on the 1st floor & it did not feel very busy. I hope this was not reflective of the show as a whole. It is always nice to see clubs being successful.

Yes, it was noticed that there was a bit of a lack of D&E there, but that didn't distract from  it being a good show (as usual).

Glad to see the concessions rate has been dropped, from experience it only causes confusion and delays at the pay desk and doesn't necessarily mean that a show is designed around those who contribute the most towards it.

Since my own modelling interests aren't exactly mainstream, I've learnt to look at good modelling from any genre but the complete lack of anything of a North American persuasion and one particular filler layout and other reasons meant I basically talked myself out of going.

I have always enjoyed attending and exhibiting at the Leamington show, but of all the bizarre stories and reactions we pick up either from the general "vibe" or specific comments, it seems like the show at catering for their market audience.

Was there a best in show layout award or did I miss it. :read:

No, the only awards were in the society's internal completions, which were displayed on the main reception desk in the atrium.

We're always keen to hear which were visitor's faborites though.

This might sound strange but my favourite was Ardmore. A very small simple layout but it looked good, had plenty of character and there was a lot of movement.

It wasn't the best layout in the show by any objective measures, doesn't try to be anything special and it isn't fine scale. I just thought it was nice.

Archived